DAY 10 PRACTICE THREAD

Christy Chirinos ‏@ChristyChirinos 15s
Golden says moving Njoku to LB isn't permanent. Trying things out.

All that complaining.

Advertisement
Matt Porter ‏@mattyports 20s
Golden on Njoku: is he an H-back, X-WR or Sam? 6-4, 230 ... taking a look at him at Sam b/c length/size combo. Doing same w/ Trayone Gray.

Njoku to LB (Sam/Rush I presume)?Interesting move. Seems experimental. It'll help his eventual shift to TE. If he takes the move seriously, then he'll aim to pack on a good amount of weight. He won't take weight gain seriously if he knows that staying at WR is a possibility.

Manny Navarro ‏@Manny_Navarro 1m
Golden said WR Rashawn Scott is going to be out "some time." Calls it an exotic injury, not customary. Not season ending #Canes

Matt Porter ‏@mattyports 1m
Golden on Rashawn Scott: not a season-ending injury. Not sure if 3 or 4 weeks ...doesn't want to speculate.

Advertisement
Honest question: with the weapons we have on offense, do you see signs that we have the potential to become (this season) a "pick your poison" type of offense? I'm not comparing teams (at all), but I remember back when the Rams had the "greatest show on turf" they interviewed Kurt Warner about the offense and he basically said the same thing: if you stop one facet, we can go to another and you're not good enough to take away everything. With our weapons, I think it would have to be that the QB and/or O-line play is substantially sub-par (either of which is possible, but I wouldn't say likely) to not at least see the groundwork of a lethal offense.

****y Golden?

Manny Navarro ‏@Manny_Navarro 51s
Golden, asked if thinks teams will stack eight in the box to slow down Duke, said: "I hope so." Has confidence in passing game #UM

Christy Chirinos ‏@ChristyChirinos 15s
Golden says moving Njoku to LB isn't permanent. Trying things out.

All that complaining.

Happens all the time and people still jump to conclusions

jump-to-conclusions-mat.jpg

Advertisement
Manny Navarro ‏@Manny_Navarro 36s
Golden said CB Artie Burns could be back Saturday. LB Raphael Kirby the same deal. #UM

Honest question: with the weapons we have on offense, do you see signs that we have the potential to become (this season) a "pick your poison" type of offense? I'm not comparing teams (at all), but I remember back when the Rams had the "greatest show on turf" they interviewed Kurt Warner about the offense and he basically said the same thing: if you stop one facet, we can go to another and you're not good enough to take away everything. With our weapons, I think it would have to be that the QB and/or O-line play is substantially sub-par (either of which is possible, but I wouldn't say likely) to not at least see the groundwork of a lethal offense.

Bad play calling and not being able to get into a rhythm can also ***** things up. But all the pieces are there at the skill positions. Just need to get the ball to them in space consistently.

Manny Navarro ‏@Manny_Navarro 24s

Golden on Chad Thomas: "Over 260 now and didn't lose any of his twitch. He's a competitor and a leader." Asked to be a leader already #UM

Advertisement
Christy Chirinos ‏@ChristyChirinos 31s
Golden on Kaaya: "He came in at 228, he's 206 now. He leaned out. His endurance is good...he's better in the pocket."

"He loves the game"

Manny Navarro ‏@Manny_Navarro 23s
Golden on Kaaya's sucess: "Little bit of calmness you don't normally see. His feet tell him where to go." #UM

Matt Porter ‏@mattyports 13s
Golden explained how much Kaaya has sacrificed: beaches, sightseeing, social life in Miami ... he's about ball.

Christy Chirinos ‏@ChristyChirinos 8s
Golden on whether he'd feel trepidation starting a true freshman QB at Louisville: "Absolutely not. Not based on what I've seen."

Golden said he wouldn't be scared to put a true freshman out there at QB on Opening Night #UM

Last edited:
Golden on Kaaya: "He came in at 228, he's 206 now. He leaned out. His endurance is good...he's better in the pocket."

"He loves the game"

Golden on Kaaya's sucess: "Little bit of calmness you don't normally see. His feet tell him where to go." #UM

Golden explained how much Kaaya has sacrificed: beaches, sightseeing, social life in Miami ... he's about ball.

Golden on whether he'd feel trepidation starting a true freshman QB at Louisville: "Absolutely not. Not based on what I've seen."

Kaaya is the antithesis of Kevin Olsen, and thank god for that. Hopefully we found the kid that can bring our program back.

Advertisement

"He loves the game"

So the opposite of Olsen?

"He loves the game"

Golden said he wouldn't be scared to put a true freshman out there at QB on Opening Night #UM

Man I really hope that Kaaya wins the job...and I'm thinking that he actually will...granted we talkin' 'bout practice, but it feels good to be excited about a QB.

Wow on Njoku. Not gonna overreact though. Just heard an interview with Vic Beasley and how they moved him all around before "settling" on OLB/DE. That turned out okay.
Same. He's a **** of an athlete that's for sure. Just never thought about him moving to the defensive side this early.
Can't say I saw this coming either,but very interesting.

Now I know how FSU felt about Winston. Not saying Kaaya is THAT good, but he's the most exciting prospect we've had in a while. Love hearing that he is a hard worker.

"He loves the game"

Man I really hope that Kaaya wins the job...and I'm thinking that he actually will...granted we talkin' 'bout practice, but it feels good to be excited about a QB.

Advertisement
Back