Official Daryl Porter, Jr. enters Portal (Commits)

Advertisement
Now WVU 247 noting they are hearing Miami may be more likely.
A live look at WVU 247...

Screenshot_20220216-124641_Chrome.jpg

Y’all wrote jaelan phillips off too with that same line of thinking. Don’t write blades off, he’s going to make a comeback. I’m all for the take or porter actually just saying blades going to have a say so in the cb battle. He had very solid 2019 and was off to a great start with 2 ints in 2020 before that medical condition
I didn’t write anybody off. I’ve been one of the biggest Blades defenders on this site. I’m just saying you can’t expect him to walk in there and be the same from day one, or at all. And its not even close to a guarantee that his best, is better than Porter’s best.

Advertisement
West Virginia defense was sneaky good last year. Sounds like he was a contributor to that.

Advertisement

He had 46tcks 5PBU’s & 1INT as a Red Frosh last season.

He had good coverage grades vs Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas, TCU, TTech, VA Tech & Maryland.

And furthermore, he adds more competition in a CB room that is sorely lacking in good cover corners.

I don’t think most of yall realize how bad our CB’s really are, we need a completely revamped room & anybody who helps keep the bad coverage corners off the field is a take in my book.

Bring him & Keidron Smith in, fck it, bring in as many as possible, force the incumbents to either step up their play or hit the Portal & be someone else’s problem. Yall gotta stop babying this CB group hoping against hope that they’re going to play above their means, it’s sh*t or get off the pot time.

Accepting mediocrity is for losers, Miami can’t be losers anymore.

5'11" is the average height of an NFL corner. Plus arm length, timing of jumps, etc. are just as important. There are 5'11" corners better at defending high balls than 6'2" corners.
Exactly….. ****, Ivey is listed at 6’1” 😐

Advertisement
The WVU 247 site listed him as one of the 6 positives of the season:

It wasn't instantaneous, because the Maryland game did happen, after all, but Daryl Porter eventually exhibited one of the best characteristics of a successful cornerback: Anonymity. If you went possessions, quarters or even halves without hearing his name, that was a good sign. If you did hear his name on the television or the stadium speakers, that was oftentimes good, too. WVU needed a starting cornerback after Dreshun Miller transferred, and Porter was fourth on the defense in snaps, trailing only safeties Sean Mahone and Alonzo Addae and linebacker Josh Chandler-Semedo. A willing tackler who finished with 40 stops but also didn't allow a touchdown after the open week, Porter had the best Pro Football Focus grade of the group. It had been suspected that it was a matter of time because Porter -- all together now -- has the pedigree. It may be happening sooner than expected.

He had 46tcks 5PBU’s & 1INT as a Red Frosh last season.

He had good coverage grades vs Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas, TCU, TTech, VA Tech & Maryland.

And furthermore, he adds more competition in a CB room that is sorely lacking in good cover corners.

I don’t think most of yall realize how bad our CB’s really are, we need a completely revamped room & anybody who helps keep the bad coverage corners off the field is a take in my book.

Bring him & Keidron Smith in, fck it, bring in as many as possible, force the incumbents to either step up their play or hit the Portal & be someone else’s problem. Yall gotta stop babying this CB group hoping against hope that they’re going to play above their means, it’s sh*t or get off the pot time.

Accepting mediocrity is for losers, Miami can’t be losers anymore.

This Ivey year.

Advertisement
For those who don't know, Daryl Porter Jr. is the son of Daryl Porter Sr. (No ****, Sherlock), and a woman who is also the mother of Marvin Jones Jr. (I believe y'all can figure out who daddy is in that situation as well).

First of all, Daryl Porter Sr. was a BAD MAN back in the day at STA. I still maintain that him and Keith Wilkerson was the best HS RB duo I've ever seen in my life. They were absolute freaks of nature and STA just pounded people with them over and over and over.

Fast-forward 20+ years, Daryl Porter has a son with a lady, the son goes to Heritage, he's a **** of a player in his own right, and is recruited to play at West Va by our newest DB coach.

Also, Marvin Jones has a kid with the same woman, the kid goes to Heritage, is a 5-star player, and guess who was the main driver for getting him to sign with UGA a couple months ago? Yep, that same DB coach who now rocks a Miami polo.

Porter Jr. just hit the portal. We need DBs desperately. Like, yesterday. Maybe at some point he wants to play ball with his half-brother? Hmmmmmm.
Went to college with DP, good dude, liked his Heineken.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back