D-Money or any of the other staffers, please tell us what you're hearing regarding Baker

Totally different people and not comparable at all.

Golden was allowed to hang around 5 years, so no self preservation kicked in because he he got positive reinforcement year after year for keeping Dorito, until it was too late.

Richt could have taken or left this job, he didn’t need the money, nor the job, and was at the end of his career. He could have stayed and kept his son in some employment capacity had he chosen to do so. Unlike Manny, who is in survival mode. Complete opposite from Richt.

I just stabbed the “softball” in mid-air and threw you out at first before you even got out of the batter’s box.

Try again.
Ok. bud. Manny is getting nothing but positive reinforcement from James. He hired him specifically because of his defense, and defensive turnaround at Miami, but NOw you think he’s going to abandon his entire defensive philosophy that got him the job and just be a ceo coach? it has little to do with positive reinforcement from other people too, it has to do with what has advanced their careers. These guys got to where they are by running what they know, and they’ve seen it work. It’s much easier to blame execution, plAyers, etc, than admit your scheme sucks and to do something completely different. We saw it with Both golden and richt. How is manny is survival mode when he just improved his record and has James creaming in his jeans while singing his praises? Hes not at all despite what some fans want to think, he was somewhat last year which is why he fired enos. He’s in survival mode after 8-3 but golden and richt never were With their records? Ok. It is well documented that richt was basically told to hire a new oc and qb coach, and instead of doing either, he retired to save face for him and his son.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The way coaching changes are shaping up this season is shady. Coaches aren’t getting fired until the replacements are secured. You’re not seeing search firms in college like in years past. Manny with Reed input are working to see who wants the job and making decisions behind the scenes. The last thing we want is to fire Blake without a top replacement and watch him get picked up by an ACC team as a position coach like Searles all over. Let’s get the right guy so we aren’t left with a Norvell.

Where is this narrative coming from that Baker and Diaz are inseparable? Because Baker was a grad assistant and they were on a staff together for a year? All this nonsense is getting peddled because Diaz didn't fire Baker after his first season?
he was a Ga under him at Texas, then manny hired him at both la tech and Miami. That’s more than one year or job. The only reason baker didn’t follow him to MSU is because he was promoted to dc at la tech.

Ok. bud. Manny is getting nothing but positive reinforcement from James. He hired him specifically because of his defense, and defensive turnaround at Miami, but NOw you think he’s going to abandon his entire defensive philosophy that got him the job and just be a ceo coach? it has little to do with positive reinforcement too. These guys got to where they are by running what they know, and they’ve seen it work. It’s much easier to blame execution, plAyers, etc, than admit your scheme sucks and to do something completely different. We saw it with Both golden and richt. How is manny is survival mode when he just improved his record and has James creaming in his jeans while singing his praises? Hes not at all despite what some fans want to think, he was somewhat last year which is why he fired enos. He’s in survival mode after 8-3 but golden and richt never were With their records? Ok. It is well documented that richt was basically told to hire a new oc and qb coach, and instead of doing either, he retired to save face for him and his son.

I’m not your “bud”, cracker.

The rest of your post is speculation, you have no confirmation of anything you’ve posted, and you’re guessing.

So is everyone else.

The difference is, hardheaded ****wads like you think you know the absolute truth, when you actually don’t. it’s fairly safe to assume Manny’s in survival mode because his defense, and defensive coordinator, were exposed and embarrassed, and unlike you, I’m a season ticket holder, a contributor to the program, and most of my acquaintances are deep into the program. And nobody is happy. So next time, get a fūcking clue. You’re just some nobody couch potato that doesn’t have any clue what’s going on.

he was a Ga under him at Texas, then manny hired him at both la tech and Miami. That’s more than one year or job. The only reason baker didn’t follow him to MSU is because he was promoted to dc at la tech.

Dan Mullet hired Manny Diaz TWICE. Are they friends too?

I have nipples, Greg, could you milk me?

Advertisement

The rest of your post is speculation, you have no confirmation of anything you’ve posted, and you’re guessing.

So is everyone else.

The difference is, hardheaded ****wads like you think you know the absolute truth, when you actually don’t. it’s fairly safe to assume Manny’s in survival mode because his defense, and defensive coordinator, were exposed and embarrassed, and unlike you, I’m a season ticket holder, a contributor to the program, and most of my acquaintances are deep into the program. And nobody is happy. So next time, get a fūcking clue. You’re just some nobody couch potato that doesn’t have any clue what’s going on.
Feel better? Something to be said for being a decent human being.

That’s good to say but if that’s the case why is Baker still here?
Maybe I’m reading way too into this but it took forever to announce Enos because he was still employed. Maybe it’s the same here. I doubt it but there is a precedent for delayed announcements.

So is everyone else.

noted, cracker. Thanks for the lecture on speculation but tell me that I’m NOt a season ticket holder or contributor to the program. Love to know how you came to that conclusion without complete, 100% speculation. You can’t go two sentences without completely contradicting yourself, or engaging in laughable hypocrisy, So forgive me if I put zero stock in what you say. All my opinions in this thread have been based on facts or reason which I have laid out pretty plainly. If you can’t retain that, that’s on you. I guess golden and richt were never embarrassed in order to put them in the survival mode Diaz is currently in. And your acquaintances are pretty deep in the program but youre taking dmoney’s opinion as fact in this situation? ok, richts offense was much worse in 2018 than Diaz/bakers defense was this year

Last edited:

Baker was a grad assistant at Texas from 2010-2012. He was already at Texas before Diaz arrived in 2011. Diaz hired him for one year at La Tech in 2014. So they knew each other for a grand total of 3 years (and Baker was a position coach for Diaz for only 1 of those years) before Diaz hired him again as DC in 2019. Wow - Baker was Diaz's intern for two years and a position coach for one before Miami. Truly they must be blood brothers.

Advertisement
Never underestimate the ruthlessness of a politician and what they will do out of a sense of self preservation. This isn’t Golden and No-D, who were ******* buddies since they were 18.

this politician son's narrative is so false and unfounded. Manny didn't grow up much with his dad the politician and when his dad became a politician Manny was gone from Miami. so not much if anything political rubbed off on Manny.

Baker was a grad assistant at Texas from 2010-2012. He was already at Texas before Diaz arrived in 2011. Diaz hired him for one year at La Tech in 2014. So they knew each other for a grand total of 3 years (and Baker was a position coach for Diaz for only 1 of those years) before Diaz hired him again as DC in 2019. Wow - Baker was Diaz's intern for two years and a position coach for one before Miami. Truly they must be blood brothers.
So they stopped knowing each other between 2014 and 2019? They only knew each other while they worked on the same staffs? No chance they stayed in contact the whole time between 2011 and now and built a really strong friendship?

Advertisement
Maybe I’m reading way too into this but it took forever to announce Enos because he was still employed. Maybe it’s the same here. I doubt it but there is a precedent for delayed announcements.
It took time to announce hires, but we new immediately that the previous guy was fired.

@Cribby — when you say reached out... Miami doing the reaching, coaches contacting us, both?

The usual behind the scenes checking interest feelers on both sides?

Advertisement
noted, cracker. Thanks for the lecture on speculation but tell me that I’m NOt a season ticket holder or contributor to the program. Love to know how you came to that conclusion without complete, 100% speculation. You can’t go two sentences without completely contradicting yourself, or engaging in laughable hypocrisy, So forgive me if I put zero stock in what you say. All my opinions in this thread have been based on facts or reason which I have laid out pretty plainly. If you can’t retain that, that’s on you. I guess golden and richt were never embarrassed in order to put them in the survival mode Diaz is currently in. And your acquaintances are pretty deep in the program but youre taking dmoney’s opinion as fact in this situation? ok, richts offense was much worse in 2018 than Diaz/bakers defense was this year

I can tell you are not a season ticket holder and have nothing to do worth the program, son. Let’s see some tix. Prove me wrong.

I took DMoney’s opinion as more plausible than yours, you idiot, not as fact. There are no facts. You seem to forget that.

Advertisement
Back