D-Money or any of the other staffers, please tell us what you're hearing regarding Baker

Yall do know the only way to get the administration attention is to boycott and stop buying tickets.. we've supported this program too long to still be in the same situation. I'm ******* tired of the bull**** the university needs to have a reality check. We as fans only ask for our university to give **** for once. Our voices never been heard..

Advertisement
I for once would like Manny to walk away like richt did he knew he was in over head.. and walked away but he should of walked away after Manny got hired at temple and his staff in place lmao fr fr..

You have no idea if they're close or not, but the facts certainly seem to indicate that they are given Manure hiring him at two spots. And if they weren't all that close, then Baker would be gone already because he's been an abysmal failure. You don't give up 800 yards and 65 points and keep your job.

Like I said, we'll see. Maybe Manure will try to do the right thing for the program.

The facts do not indicate they are close. Manny Diaz and Dan Mullen have much more significant ties than Diaz/Baker. Mullen hired Diaz to be his DC twice. Should we also assume that Diaz and Mullen are secretly FaceTimeing each other every weekend and talking about their girl problems?

Diaz hired Baker as a LB coach at La Tech, then left a few months later for a different job. 4 years later Diaz hired Baker to be his DC, who was on a lot of programs radars as a potential DC candidate, so it's not as if Diaz hired his wife's cousin's nephew (as recently as last May he was on a list with Marcus Freeman as a "top 15 DC to watch this fall" )

There is nothing in particular to indicate that Diaz has a close intimate friendship with Baker or anything beyond the mutual respect that coaches usually have.

Again this is all because Diaz didn't fire Baker immediately after UNC. This is now causing many posters to invent fantastical narratives and claim that the only possible reason why Diaz hasnt made a public move yet is that in the 5 years in between Diaz leaving LA Tech and then hiring Baker as DC at Miami, Diaz and Baker were so close that they would meet up every Thursday to get couple's mani-pedis.

Last edited:
The facts do not indicate they are close. Manny Diaz and Dan Mullen have much more significant ties than Diaz/Baker. Mullen hired Diaz to be his DC twice. Should we also assume that Diaz and Mullen are secretly FaceTimeing each other every weekend and talking about their girl problems?

Diaz hired Baker as a LB coach at La Tech, then left a few months later for a different job, and 4 years later hired Baker to be his DC, who was on a lot of programs radars as a potential DC candidate (as recently as last May he was on a list with Marcus Freeman as a "top 15 DC to watch this fall" )

There is nothing in particular to indicate that Diaz has a close intimate friendship with Baker or anything beyond the mutual respect that coaches usually have.

Again this is all because Diaz didn't fire Baker immediately after UNC. This is now causing many posters to invent fantastical narratives and claim that the only possible reason why Diaz hasnt made a public move yet is that in the 5 years in between Diaz leaving LA Tech and then hiring Baker as DC at Miami, Diaz and Baker were so close that they would meet up every Thursday to get couple's mani-pedis.

You're right. But we are all tainted after Golden and D'No. Hard to blame us after all that....LOL

You're right. But we are all tainted after Golden and D'No. Hard to blame us after all that....LOL
He’s not right. He provides no evidence they are not close, either. It’s pure speculation. I’m willing to bet, they are quite friendly towards each other.

Advertisement
He’s not right. He provides no evidence they are not close, either. It’s pure speculation. I’m willing to bet, they are quite friendly towards each other.

Oh wait, they are "quite friendly with each other"? Now that changes everything. I never thought a HC could ever be friendly to his staff. Truly, the information that Diaz once bought a box of donuts for his personnel proves that Diaz has decided to tie his fate to Blake Baker.

Based on this shocking new revelation, I am granting you summary judgment. You win. In the four years in between hiring Baker as a LB coach and then as DC, Diaz would stare longingly at a picture of Blake Baker and blow it air kisses.

The relationship between Diaz and Baker transcends time and space. The love they have for each other is beyond platonic and their souls are intertwined.

Last edited:

Nobody is saying they are "not close". But there is absolutely no evidence that Manny and Blake have SUCH a strong relationship that Manny is incapable of firing Blake.

Again, any mopey hater that wants to equate Manny and Blake working together for a couple of years with Golden and D'Onofrio being teammates, friends, and co-workers for decades is just ridiculous.

The real issue is conspiracy theorists spinning the Manny-Blake work relationship into some mythical level where Manny is willing to sacrifice his career for his love of Blake.

Diaz hired Baker as a LB coach at La Tech, then left a few months later for a different job. 4 years later Diaz hired Baker to be his DC, who was on a lot of programs radars as a potential DC candidate, so it's not as if Diaz hired his wife's cousin's nephew (as recently as last May he was on a list with Marcus Freeman as a "top 15 DC to watch this fall" )

These man are close like No D and Golden. Firing him now or later would be worse for Baker when many teams who want a bum coach may already have gotten one. He is not going. I will stick by that until i see otherwise.

You have no idea if they're close or not, but the facts certainly seem to indicate that they are given Manure hiring him at two spots. And if they weren't all that close, then Baker would be gone already because he's been an abysmal failure. You don't give up 800 yards and 65 points and keep your job.

Like I said, we'll see. Maybe Manure will try to do the right thing for the program.

Doing the right thing for the program is also doing the right thing for him.

Advertisement
Oh wait, they are "quite friendly with each other"? Now that changes everything. I never thought a HC could ever be friendly to his staff. Truly, the information that Diaz once bought a box of donuts for his personnel proves that Diaz has decided to tie his fate to Blake Baker.

Based on this shocking new revelation, I am granting you summary judgment. You win. The relationship between Diaz and Baker transcends time and space. The love they have for each other is beyond platonic and their souls are intertwined. In the four years in between hiring him as a LB coach and then as DC, Diaz would stare longingly at a picture of Blake Baker and blow it air kisses.
You’re better than this. You have not proven their relationship isn’t influencing Diaz’s decision for the future of our Defense. In fact, if Baker still remains, it’s very clear Diaz is doing Baker charity work. It’s arguable that Baker brings little to no value to this team. At least, Banda is a great recruiter; therefore, he provides value there. Baker isn’t even a average recruiter. A legit insider said Diaz wanted Banda and Patke to land on their feet. You don’t think he wants the same for Baker? Keep reaching.

That’s contradictory. You’re asking people to prove a negative, and in the next breath you speculate about something nebulous like they’re “quite friendly”.

That’s contradictory. You’re asking people to prove a negative, and in the next breath you speculate about something nebulous like they’re “quite friendly”.
Is there not more evidence that Diaz and Baker have established a strong relationship? I was being sarcastic with “quite friendly.” It would be bizarre to think Diaz is not allowing his relationship with Baker to influence his decision whether or not to let him go. In addition, Baker just had a kid, last year. You really think Diaz doesn’t care? Get real.

Advertisement
What needs to be done to get Blake James fired? He allows this nepotism to run rampant and it will only continue with him as AD. Like seriously, is it the President or the BOTs who hire and fire the AD?
I heard the Lunch truck Banner was a huge success!!!

It’s survival of the fittest and sometimes you have to eat your young to survive. Regardless of how “close” Diaz and Baker may be, if Diaz truly wants to be the program changer at the U, he’ll do whatever necessary to accomplish that goal - including eating his young.

Advertisement
At the end of the day we're at a crossroads with Diaz.

If he's hellbent on winning at all costs, he ditches Baker and re-imagines himself as a CEO HC and lets his DC run his own unit.

If he's a career politician trying to ride this thing out for as long as possible he retains Baker and then sacks him after a mediocre season next year to buy himself another year.

I for once would like Manny to walk away like richt did he knew he was in over head.. and walked away but he should of walked away after Manny got hired at temple and his staff in place lmao fr fr..
So your asking a coach in his second year who went 8-3 and brought in a top 10 recruiting class to walk away.

Gotcha

Baker has been here for 2 years and we've seen a pretty significant regression on defense and his LB core was the worst performing unit on the team this year. He doesn't add any real value as a recruiter either. So, can someone make a legitimate argument as to why he should stay?

You’re better than this. You have not proven their relationship isn’t influencing Diaz’s decision for the future of our Defense. In fact, if Baker still remains, it’s very clear Diaz is doing Baker charity work. It’s arguable that Baker brings little to no value to this team. At least, Banda is a great recruiter; therefore, he provides value there. Baker isn’t even a average recruiter. A legit insider said Diaz wanted Banda and Patke to land on their feet. You don’t think he wants the same for Baker? Keep reaching.

This is the typical nonsense.

Certain porsters get to say "Diaz and Baker have a super-close relationship that will never allow Diaz to fire Baker". Certain porsters can say this with no evidence, and then they expect others to disprove that statement?

Insanity.

Advertisement
Back