D-Money or any of the other staffers, please tell us what you're hearing regarding Baker

Advertisement
We aren’t talking about hirings right now are we? We’re talking about firings, completely different, especially when the guys that everyone wants fired have been working with Mandy for years, and he is basically their mentor. I’m NOt saying I know what’s going to happen or have sauces, I’m making a prediction based on past observations. Also, manny didn’t have any connection or skin in the game last year with enos. If he fires his guys that run his defense, he’s basically admitting that neither His defense or his “coaching tree” is good enough. I don’t think he will admit that unless his job is on the line. Got any more tough guy internet board cliches you can throw at me btw? The kiddie table one is still so clever and original...

For such a self-professed keen observer of human nature, you’ve apparently forgotten that self-preservation is the most basic and primary instinct of all living things, including coaches.

But you’re so obsessed with your agenda and wish-fulfilling that such simple logic escapes you.

Additionally, saying hirings and firings are completely different is an absolutely false premise when it comes to what is being discussed, namely personnel decisions. Hirings/firings are interchangeable when it comes to how tightly someone plays their cards.

Any more false premises you’d like to posit?

Advertisement
When did he adjust as a coordinator? He never stayed anywhere for more than a couple years and he’s running the same stuff that got him fired at Texas. His defense has never adjusted or withstood the long haul at one place for very long. MiamI was the longest

I recall his first year his defense could not get off the field on 3rd downs. He improved on that the following year. His defenses also seemed to perform better in the second half of games.

He also was coaching with Mullen at MSU when Richt hired him. He was only fired once if I recall correctly. His other stops he left for better gigs.

For such a self-professed keen observer of human nature, you’ve apparently forgotten that self-preservation is the most basic and primary instinct of all living things, including coaches.

But you’re so obsessed with your agenda and wish-fulfilling that such simple logic escapes you.

Additionally, saying hirings and firings are completely different is an absolutely false premise when it comes to what is being discussed, namely personnel decisions. Hirings/firings are interchangeable when it comes to how tightly someone plays their cards.

Any more false premises you’d like to posit?
Are you being serious right now? our last two coaches fell on their sword and both refused to fire their friend or family on staff (hiring them was much easier, firing them not so easy), and also refused to make any changes To their side of the ball. Golden literally ruined his career over it, and richt retired and left millions on the table just so he wouldn’t have to fire his son. type A coaches that work 100 hours a week don’t accept failure easily usually, and if you don’t think egos don’t have a role in college coaching, you can keep thinking that. Got anymore softballs for me?

Think exactly the same thing, but there are people here that don’t wish for that to happen so that they can continue to spew misery

they act like manny ****ed their wives. they hate him with a passion bc he isnt their guy. my guy is whoever wins. whether its manny or ronald McDonald. w.e. changes are made that lead to winning im fine with

Advertisement
Are you being serious right now? our last two coaches fell on their sword and both refused to fire their friend or family on staff (hiring them was much easier, firing them not so easy), and also refused to make any changes To their side of the ball. Golden literally ruined his career over it, and richt retired and left millions on the table just so he wouldn’t have to fire his son. type A coaches that work 100 hours a week don’t accept failure easily usually, and if you don’t think egos don’t have a role in college coaching, you can keep thinking that. Got anymore softballs for me?

Totally different people and not comparable at all.

Golden was allowed to hang around 5 years, so no self preservation kicked in because he he got positive reinforcement year after year for keeping Dorito, until it was too late.

Richt could have taken or left this job, he didn’t need the money, nor the job, and was at the end of his career. He could have stayed and kept his son in some employment capacity had he chosen to do so. Unlike Manny, who is in survival mode. Complete opposite from Richt.

I just stabbed the “softball” in mid-air and threw you out at first before you even got out of the batter’s box.

Try again.

Last edited:
Never underestimate the ruthlessness of a politician and what they will do out of a sense of self preservation. This isn’t Golden and No-D, who were ******* buddies since they were 18.

Where is this narrative coming from that Baker and Diaz are inseparable? Because Baker was a grad assistant and they were on a staff together for a year? All this nonsense is getting peddled because Diaz didn't fire Baker after his first season?

He’s taken play calling two years in a row and wasn’t happy with Blake his first year. Him keeping play calling doesn’t jive with how manny rolls.

Has the name you're hearing as a potential DL coach called plays before?

Advertisement
He’s taken play calling two years in a row and wasn’t happy with Blake his first year. Him keeping play calling doesn’t jive with how manny rolls.
Happy Joy GIF by The Weeknd

Exactly....

Advertisement
Ferman also just posted that word is both Rumph and Patke are being retained. Not fking kidding.

Patke, who cares. He's special teams and doesn't matter. Rumph is the big question, but whether he stays or goes might be a decision Diaz will leave up to a new DC.

Advertisement
Back