D-Money or any of the other staffers, please tell us what you're hearing regarding Baker

Advertisement
Where does the BFF theory come from?
Right? Coaches tend to take other coaches that they trust with them. This isn't Richt hiring his unproven son who had never coached anywhere else before. Now clearly Baker has not been a good hire, but neither was Enos and that had nothing to do with nepotism (even if we are expanding that definition to friends).

Advertisement
It's no secret that Golden was very close with D'onofrio and that this relationship served as an impediment to change when a change was needed. Richt hired his son to a position that I would argue he was unqualified to fill. Let's see what happens with Manny. Jury is still out.
Rampant....

Banda gone

Other Predictions -

Rumph will prob be gone too

Baker - Demoted to LB coach

Patke - Demoted (Hopefully) to ST coach only

Stroud - Back to off field job

Which means we bring in two new coaches on D

1. new DB Coach - who is DC or Co-DC
2. DL Coach

Advertisement
It's no secret that Golden was very close with D'onofrio and that this relationship served as an impediment to change when a change was needed. Richt hired his son to a position that I would argue he was unqualified to fill. Let's see what happens with Manny. Jury is still out.
Agree on Richt, but when I don't see a problem with Golden or Diaz hiring D'Nofrio and Baker as they had success with them at a previous stop. Now, in Golden's case the refusal to fire D'Nofrio (whether that be b/c of friendship, belief in the system, etc) was inexcusable.

I am still hopeful that Manny will not follow that same path and has only not announced it yet, b/c he does have a good relationship with Baker (as opposed to Enos) and wants to give him time to find another landing spot which I am fine with as long as we are actively searching for another DC and not announcing Baker's firing doesn't hurt us in the search. My guess (hope) is that Manny is looking for a replacement and will announce that Baker is leaving at the same time a new DC is named.

If Manny keeps Flake Baker then he needs to explain how the defense will improve enough to not give up 70 points to Alabama.

This

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don’t think he will be DC next year. Manny is usually pretty quiet with these things. Let him work.
my emotions GIF

Banda gone

Other Predictions -

Rumph will prob be gone too

Baker - Demoted to LB coach

Patke - Demoted (Hopefully) to ST coach only

Stroud - Back to off field job

Which means we bring in two new coaches on D

1. new DB Coach - who is DC or Co-DC
2. DL Coach
Baker is already the LB coach and they were terrible this season. Hire a new DC and let them choose their guys.

Advertisement
Back