D-Money or any of the other staffers, please tell us what you're hearing regarding Baker

Advertisement
I heard he wants to be an hc not babysit the defense. Also he’s not golden or richt. This is his dream job
If this is the case, it would seem that the search should start on hiring a proven DC (not a co DC) and then letting that person chose all the assistants. If he is only tweaking the defense then he will still be babysitting. I may be wrong but the rumors out there don’t point to him wanting to only be the CEO. I hope that is not the case... the scheme is part of the problem.

Advertisement
I don’t think he will be DC next year. Manny is usually pretty quiet with these things. Let him work.
What’s this based on ? One year of mannys decision making? My predictions are based on years or decades of observation, and I’ve been labeled a “mope”. Mannys hiring and firing process is the same as his team philosophy: he wants to be buddy buddy and never be the bad guy unless the pressure is specifically on him and he has no choice.

What’s this based on ? One year of mannys decision making? My predictions are based on years or decades of observation, and I’ve been labeled a “mope”. Mannys hiring and firing process is the same as his team philosophy: he wants to be buddy buddy and never be the bad guy unless the pressure is specifically on him and he has no choice.

Manny hasn't been here for "decades". Maybe he keeps his buddy but your observations are not on what he's done so far.

We'd prefer good news, but either way, we need the truth. What are you insiders hearing regarding our DC position? Is Manny ****ing away his career ala keeping Baker (pulling a "Golden") or will there be a DC change (please God!)?
Baker is staying and so is this gawd awful defense... We haven't broken enough records yet

Manny hasn't been here for "decades". Maybe he keeps his buddy but your observations are not on what he's done so far.
my Observations aren’t only about him, and what he’s Done here isnt the only thing that matters, You can look at his entire career. You can also look to the fact that no coach worth a **** has had to fire both his offensive and defensive staff in his first two seasons, and been successful after that. Diaz was hired specifically because he turned around our defense, and i Don’t think he will abandon the one thing that got him the job in the first place, and hand it over to an autonomous dc. If he does, that makes James hiring him even more foolish than it already was

Advertisement

I’ll trust DMoney’s opinion over yours. DMoney is actually around the program. He’s not your typical CIS broke motherfūcker pretending to be an insider.

my Observations aren’t only about him, and what he’s Done here isnt the only thing that matters, You can look at his entire career. You can also look to the fact that no coach worth a **** has had to fire both his offensive and defensive staff in his first two seasons, and been successful after that. Diaz was hired specifically because he turned around our defense, and i Don’t think he will abandon the one thing that got him the job in the first place, and hand it over to an autonomous dc. If he does, that makes James hiring him even more foolish than it already was

Based on when he coached as a coordinator he was able to adjust when things were going south. He has only been a HC for 2 years and learning on the job. He screwed up with Enos but Enos was a hot commodity and did manage the Hurts and Tua situation well. Our qb room needed help and Enos coming from a big time program was an excusable miss. He did fix our kicking game and brought a top shelf qb along with a spread oc we as fans have been clamoring for.

Now he's faced with a similar situation with the defense. Based on what he's done it seems he diagnosis a situation and makes fixes. Let's see what happens.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’ll trust DMoney’s opinion over yours. DMoney is actually around the program. He’s not your typical CIS broke motherfūcker pretending to be an insider.
His opinion was “manny is usually pretty quiet about these things”, and he has exactly one data point for that assumption, last offseason. that shouldnt convince anyone, especially since we already knew enos was out long before it was official, our offense was in the bottom 10-15, and there was real pressure on manny from the bot last year. That’s not the case this year, so the parallels simply aren’t there To think he will do the same to the defensive staff

Advertisement
Back