2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
D Green often gets over looked, but yeah, he was a blanket for sure. I have him in my next 5 w, Charles Woodson, **** Night Train (my surrogate **** name, lol) , Revis, & Bailey.

Another guy I would like to add who gets very little love who was a complete CB in every sense of the position is Aeneas Williams.
Darrell Green and Aeneas were ELITE. **** it was fire *** corners in those days. We ain't even brought up cats like Frank Minnifield and Hanford Dixon and Eric Allen...

Advertisement
Because championship coaches don’t have to settle for one or the other
There are very few coaches out there - at the right programs - who can load a roster with top 3-5 talent all-around. I can live with losing a Lakeland CB to Deion or Saban. I have a far more difficult time accepting our QB and WR recruiting right now and that’s easily resolvable.

People in this thread really trying to cope with "its not that big of a deal" to losing our sixth highest rated commitment of all-time to the UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO-BOULDER. It would be a big deal and embarrassing if it were to happen.

I hope it does not. This kind of **** is not supposed to happen anymore.

This guy is a stud.
I get all that but if an if was a fifth we would all be drunk. Stuff happens get over it. We should worry about the Miami hurricanes not a non Miami hurricanes player

Manny never had 5 embarrassing losses in one season.

8 yards of offense against Clemson in a half and less than 100 total yards for the game?

Blowout loss to MTSU where we gave up 500 yards? Blowout loss to Duke with 8 INTs?

Blowout loss to Pitt at home on senior day?

0 TDs for nearly 3 straight games?

45-3 loss to FSU at home?

Less than 20ppg against FBS teams and the most boring offenses I've ever watched?

I mean our team was unwatchable.

Mario absolutely lead us to our worst season I've ever experienced.
It was beyond bad and that falls on Mario’s shoulders.

Some of that was due to injuries and Gattis did him absolutely no favors, but also let’s put some of this also on the players.

We had enough talent to do way better than we did. But when players quit on the coach, then that’s what you get. They didn’t even try to win which was embarrassing.

Year 2 for Mario is the most critical of his coaching tenure. He has gutted the roster and will replace them with his guys. And whether he fires or keeps Gattis, he’s got the opportunity to get an offense in place.

So no excuses. 2023 will tell me everything I need to know.

Advertisement
Darrell Green and Aeneas were ELITE. **** it was fire *** corners in those days. We ain't even brought up cats like Frank Minnifield and Hanford Dixon and Eric Allen...
Dammmmnnnn bringing back the old school Browns teams

They were loaded. Clay Matthews, Dixon, Minnefield, Byner/Mack, Ozzie, Webster Slaughter, Brian Brennan was a tough little ****

Advertisement
Some of these cats just don't know football bruh. If you have to explain why Deion is a top 5 CB to someone, they don't know ball.

My list is similar but swap Rod & Willie Brown(an All-time great still) out for Mike Haynes(Lester Hayes was opposite him in Oakland but he was the same dude in New England) and Champ.

Rod and Ronnie Lott, I look at as overall DBs for their equally elite play at Safety. Surtain, Sr.?!?! Get allll the way the FOH. I'm a diehard Dolphin but I'd never say no **** like that. He had a run but one could argue that he wasn't the best CB on his team. All the cats I mentioned were arguably considered the league's best...

We may need an official ruling on the ability to positively discuss Surtain Sr. He is now employed by the hated enemy.

Perhaps, having played in Miami, but for the Dolphins, a loose interpretation of the Randy Shannon rule may give leeway…

A quagmire indeed.

Reactions: ben

Man, on my mama it’s y I wanted to play the position. I started off wanting to be a WR (slot), but bro, we were blessed w/ elite CBs & DBs for a long period of time. So elite, they had to change the rules b/c these mofos were for real lock down. There’s a grip of guys who got over looked who, if they played in a different era, would most likely been multiple time pro bowlers/hall of famers. I’m thinking, like u said E Allen, Minnifield, Dixon, Donnell Woolford, Mark Carrier, Antoine Winfield, Ken Riley, Everson Walls, Gill Byrd…

Bruh, blessed to see some of the best.

Advertisement
Man, on my mama it’s y I wanted to play the position. I started off wanting to be a WR (slot), but bro, we were blessed w/ elite CBs & DBs for a long period of time. So elite, they had to change the rules b/c these mofos were for real lock down. There’s a grip of guys who got over looked who, if they played in a different era, would most likely been multiple time pro bowlers/hall of famers. I’m thinking, like u said E Allen, Minnifield, Dixon, Donnell Woolford, Mark Carrier, Antoine Winfield, Ken Riley, Everson Walls, Gill Byrd…

Got**** Donnell Woolford!!! That's a Blast from the Past right there. For the love of God, why is Ken Riley not in the HOF?!?!?! FAMU & Polk County LEGEND...

Lester Hayes and Mike Haynes. Let’s derail this ****. Moar Raiders - Willie Brown!

@Tad Footeball can we throw in Mel Blount?
Blount was a badddd man. Oversized shutdown corner that still was an INT machine. I'm biased but I think you have to include him almost based solely on the league having to change their bump and run rule specifically due to his dominance.

Advertisement

The Blanket Brothers (cover brothers) Don Griffin and Tim McKyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back