2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Revis has gotten to the point where he’s underrated. He was the last real
shut down cb. As in held Andre J , Moss, megatron and legit goats to comical stat lines. He took them out of games. No matter who he guarded teams wouldn’t look his way. And unlike Deon he wasn’t scared to mix it up in run support.
Randy fried his ***…made em tweak a hammy..but the point still stands

It's not a good enough class to put us back in to championship contention, and that's all I care about. I grew up watching the Canes during the glory years, I'm not interested in "top 10" anything. I'm interested in competing for titles and a #7 class isn't going to get us there.

It's not like Mario is some X's and O's guru who can overcome a talent gap. He's supposed to be.a recruiter, and we have a billionaire backing our NIL... yet 7th place is the best we can do in Mario's bump class?

Not good.
This is a disingenuous post because it doesn’t take into account the clear political aspect of recruiting services and how they rank players…..which ultimately determines class ranking. Whether or not it’s good enough depends on Mario and crew’s evaluation and development skills. We’ll see soon enough.

Advertisement
This is a disingenuous post because it doesn’t take into account the clear political aspect of recruiting services and how they rank players…..which ultimately determines class ranking. Whether or not it’s good enough depends on Mario and crew’s evaluation and development skills. We’ll see soon enough.
he don't care, that dude cares more about the optics of a top ranked #1 class than the facts that we fixed several positions of need (and currently this weekend working on another)

in 3 years, we'll have a top 5 roster in cfb and that still won't be good enough for him

It's not a good enough class to put us back in to championship contention, and that's all I care about. I grew up watching the Canes during the glory years, I'm not interested in "top 10" anything. I'm interested in competing for titles and a #7 class isn't going to get us there.

It's not like Mario is some X's and O's guru who can overcome a talent gap. He's supposed to be.a recruiter, and we have a billionaire backing our NIL... yet 7th place is the best we can do in Mario's bump class?

Not good.
Your either going to be disappointed for at least a few more years or get some patience. I didn't watch much this year because it made me physically ill, but did you really think that 5-7 trash team would help sell a very top tier recruiting class? I'm very surprised MC did as well as he did.

What's disingenuous is saying Miami's recruits are "underrated" year after year after year. I swear to god, as long as I've been on this site following recruiting, people say the same thing every single year and it's always bull****. If our classes are so underrated, you'd think some of the kids that are transferring out would land in better spots than G5 schools, or that we'd win more than 7 games once in a while.

Our class is what the ranking says it is. I would trade classes with Alabama or Georgia in a heartbeat and not think twice about it.

You have to draft a WR, is Jerry Rice your number 1?

Jerry in today’s NFL? Brother, he might avg. 1800 yrds/season. Undoubtedly I’m taking him #1. Jerry is in the discussion for greatest FB player regardless of position. His work ethic is unfathomable. He & Walter may be two guys who didn’t have the greatest natural abilities, (Jerry had horrible hands initially), but their work ethics?? Forget about it.

Advertisement
Your either going to be disappointed for at least a few more years or get some patience. I didn't watch much this year because it made me physically ill, but did you really think that 5-7 trash team would help sell a very top tier recruiting class? I'm very surprised MC did as well as he did.

It's Mario's fault we went 5-7. Why should he get a pass for a mediocre recruiting result because he also blew the season? That's using failure to excuse another failure. I'm not about that. I don't grade on a curve.

So F-ing what??....Who Won 42-23??.....Of course let's discount Testaverde going 10 out of 11 with 2 TD passes against Deion in the last 10mins...and ran for a 3rd....
Not fighting you my man, been a fan since early 70’s sitting in West ez with my dad. Probably only play Sanders ever made against Irvin.

What's disingenuous is saying Miami's recruits are "underrated" year after year after year. I swear to god, as long as I've been on this site following recruiting, people say the same thing every single year and it's always bull****. If our classes are so underrated, you'd think some of the kids that are transferring out would land in better spots than G5 schools, or that we'd win more than 7 games once in a while.

Our class is what the ranking says it is. I would trade classes with Alabama or Georgia in a heartbeat and not think twice about it.
This has nothing to do with Mario specifically or his track record of player evaluation and development. And no our ranking is what the recruiting service says it is……which is determined on both objective and superficial aspects.

Advertisement
I don't have Pat Peterson over Revis **** nah. Sauce on a better path than PP imo. To me as a rookie I saw the first two weeks of the jet games and told my boy he's the best cover corner in the NFL already
I never said that. That's crazy talk, I know ball fam. I said that Pat Pete was the best CB in football after Revis fell off a cliff around '15, '16. And I'ma ask you to pump your brakes on Sauce for a second.

We're both biased in our own directions but I wouldn't go that far. I don't think he's that much better(if that)than Cuzzo & Lil Pat. But the media and talking heads love Sauce, so there's that. Sauce has D.J. Reed opposite him, that makes life easier. Cuz and Lil Pat don't have a talent equal to Reed(cuz plays across from interchangeable bums)playing across from them, so there's that...

Randy fried his ***…made em tweak a hammy..but the point still stands
Moss got him a couple times but Revis locked him up most times. And the ones he got him on were great throws or catches. I used to be amazed at the stat lines against the big dogs . A lot of 2 for 30 yards or in that ball park. One time Moss had something like 2 catches for 38 yards but the 2 catches were td’s. That’s the same Moss 2 guys couldn’t stop back then.

Advertisement
This has nothing to do with Mario specifically or his track record of player evaluation and development. And no our ranking is what the recruiting service says it is……which is determined on both objective and superficial aspects.

I've been following recruiting since the Randy Shannon years. EVERY year y'all say our recruits are underrated, and you're proven wrong again and again and again. I guess you'd rather be hopeful than realistic which is fine. But for me, Mario is failing if he doesn't land top 5 classes every year because recruiting is what he was hired to do. Right now, his bump class with a billionaire backing him in NIL is marginally better than Manny's last class or CMR's bump class.

If Mario reminds me of anyone, it's Al Golden. You guys defended his classes as well. I got banned once for saying Nigel Bethel and Nate Dortch were trash recruits, because everyone wanted to think they were undiscovered gems and everyone wanted to defend Golden. Well here we are again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back