Corey Flagg

Advertisement
Advertisement
40 times are so tricky for linebackers given they, almost like running backs on offense, are the main position for having to sift through so many moving parts and angles (via the linemen) to see what the qb/rb/TE/WR are doing. His lack of explosiveness (general testing numbers) is concerning for translating to the ACC. I haven't watched him enough, but how does he look diagnosing plays? Are his D1 caliber teammates doing a lot of the work allowing him to clean up? Or is he consistently making plays in the passing game and/or cutting through moving linemen to make plays?

Zack Thomas 4.85 guy who played fast due to anticipatory skills from endless film study of tendencies etc. maybe this kid actually works his *** off and studies film unlike our current roster? I’m curious to find out.

Advertisement
LSU MLB last year ran a 4.4.

Dont die on this horse hoov

And..he was also a top 10 1st rd draft pick. Same goes for Roquan Smith. It's utterly ridiculous & insane that this fanbase would even expect to recruit those type of players at this stage. To say that they are outliers would be an understatement.

And..he was also a top 10 1st rd draft pick. Same goes for Roquan Smith. It's utterly ridiculous & insane that this fanbase would even expect to recruit those type of players at this stage. To say that they are outliers would be an understatement.

Ruben Hyppolite is just as fast if not faster thanb both coming out of high school.

For example Devin Bush didnt run that well coming out and had a crazy time at the combine.

But i get it...

Speed doesnt matter at LBer if you cant diagnose a play. You can get better at diagnosing and you can get faster. Feely is showing us that he can transform players. Just throwing that out there

Advertisement
North Shore is one of the better HS football programs in TX
Literally the best lol.

Which is why I was never against taking Flagg in this class because if it helps us down the line to potentially forge a pipeline into that school it's more than worth it.

North Shore produces great D1 P5 players annually in every class, it's by far one of the top 3 if not the very best school in Texas, we should be offering kids from there every year.

Advertisement
Literally the best lol.

Which is why I was never against taking Flagg in this class because if it helps us down the line to potentially forge a pipeline into that school it's more than worth it.

North Shore produces great D1 P5 players annually in every class, it's by far one of the top 3 if not the very best school in Texas, we should be offering kids from there every year.
We need to have more of a presence in TX. North Shore, Duncanville, Katy, Skyline, Desoto all produce top D1 talent yearly just to name a few. Some of the largest HS in the nation and we have no presence. TX boys love Miami too.

They ran the ball 60 times a game then. Zach thomas would get ate alive in coverage in todays game

Possibly, but Zach was instinctive as **** and I simply cannot be dismissive of what he could or couldn't do in today's game.

I know one thing, I would rather have an instinctive student of the game who sees plays before the snap that runs a 4.8 than an athletic freak who runs a 4.6 and lacks those instincts. 40 yards down the field, maybe I'm changing my opinion, but at LB'er, give me tge 4.8 guy in this case. There's no test besides game film that can determine accurately read and recognition, which can make those 10ths of a second vanish in one single step.

Hope that makes sense.

For the record, I don't know how this recruit processes the game. Also, I would love to have to have instincts and speed, but you can't always get that. Our current linebackers, while decent, aren't instinctual enough and often take bad angle, hit the wrong lanes, or are late in coverage. If they read and recognized things faster, they would be doing better than they currently are.

Literally the best lol.

This is a big plus that I see only if it gets us elite players from there

He has a high floor and comes from a program that practices winning habits. We need that. Certain slow kids struggle at the next level while others use footwork, film study, and quick reaction times to make up for their lack of speed. Time will tell on Flagg

Advertisement
Back