Corey Flagg

This is before college s&c, he will be just fine here like others have said 40 is a ton of technique. I would be more worried if his shuttle was slow but he has explosive numbers where they matter. He's always around the ball. If he can get to his gap on time and not miss tackles im good

Not all kids improve 40 times in college programs....and some who do only improve slightly.

Our senior LBs looked their fastest as freshmen.

Advertisement
All I can say is:

1. If he's our 'worst' prospect we sign this year, we did really well at LB. I see a side line to side line player with speed to cover ground in passing lanes

2. His testing numbers are more than a year old. His shuttle and VJ were solid and that's your sign of explosiveness. 40 is a lot of technique, who knows how much he practices it

3. He played some safety this year and looked fine. This seems to go directly against the 'bad hips' 'plodder' narratives

I'm in no way crowning Flagg but the criticism is way overblown. If he were our top LB in the class then we might a problem. Thread after thread whining about a 4th LB take from the top program in Texas with insane production and a fine athletic profile is getting pretty **** old, even for CIS standards.

I hope this turns out to be a DJ Williams/Vilma type deal (which means we sign Flowe. But DJ was mister everything a Vilma was a 2/3 star kid but could tackle and read plays and started before DJ.

This kid is going to play real early

40 times are worthless. Absolutely worthless.

No they’re not. They aren’t the end all be all but it’s the quickest and easiest way for an apples to apples comparison on several players athletic abilities. If it was worthless, you wouldn’t have NFL teams running a combine every year. You still need to evaluate tape to see instincts, play speed, physical play, etc but speed and agility testing are important

Advertisement
For most positions I do prefer the 10 yard split and shuttle/cone numbers. It really shows if a guy is twitchy

No they’re not. They aren’t the end all be all but it’s the quickest and easiest way for an apples to apples comparison on several players athletic abilities. If it was worthless, you wouldn’t have NFL teams running a combine every year. You still need to evaluate tape to see instincts, play speed, physical play, etc but speed and agility testing are important
How often do players run a 40 yard straight-line sprint on a football field?

What’s cool about this thread is the same guys ripping the shreds out of flagg. Before even playing a down here.

It’s literally the same posts from the same guys. Classy fan base, we can’t just say “ you suck” or are “ slow “. We must do it repeatedly to nauseam just to know where I stand. Like it matters.

Advertisement
I'm not going to go as far as saying 40x are worthless after seeing what FIU did against Miami. FIU was noticeably faster than UM. I will be interested to see how Flagg fairs in coverage.

1576547119284.png

Advertisement
I hope this turns out to be a DJ Williams/Vilma type deal (which means we sign Flowe. But DJ was mister everything a Vilma was a 2/3 star kid but could tackle and read plays and started before DJ.

This kid is going to play real early

If he doesnt get hurt this year, he was on pace to a 180-200 tackle season because North Shore playing 16th this week against the #3 team in the country.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back