Cook & the mystery of who got the last visit...

So are we basing most of this off of FSU getting another in-home visit?

Basically.

Not really. There has not been any positive buzz for Miami with Cook over the past week and everything we've heard is trending towards FSU. The visit just adds to what we know, which is that FSU leads.

What kind of buzz are you hearing? Without naming names, what is the nature of the sources you guys have? Has Dalvin given you any clues?

Basically.

Not really. There has not been any positive buzz for Miami with Cook over the past week and everything we've heard is trending towards FSU. The visit just adds to what we know, which is that FSU leads.

so as far as what your hearing...why do you feel he'll pick FSU over the possibility of playing with his best friends and going to school with his brother?

he thinks he'll succeed more at FSU?

Basically.

can you share what the fsu evidence? i hear all this fsu noise but it seems based on tweets by a bunch of guys from rivals. also, if he is shutdown and knows where he is going, he can tell FSU, i am silent and want to announce at the UA game. them showing up doesnt vibe with a kid who is shutdown and set.

Trying to answer these three at once, Miami is not optimistic and feels that FSU leads and has led over the past few weeks since they've turned up the heat on him. I have nothing from Dalvin personally, but people who have been around him during the process are all saying FSU. I posted last week that he was telling people around him it would be FSU and that has not changed in the last couple of days. Usually there is at least one or two people who would have a different opinion and say Miami or UF, but we have not heard anything but FSU.

By "we", I mean myself, D$, Tito, and HurricaneGlory

Advertisement

Basically.

What kind of buzz are you hearing? Without naming names, what is the nature of the sources you guys have? Has Dalvin given you any clues?

Basically.

can you share what the fsu evidence? i hear all this fsu noise but it seems based on tweets by a bunch of guys from rivals. also, if he is shutdown and knows where he is going, he can tell FSU, i am silent and want to announce at the UA game. them showing up doesnt vibe with a kid who is shutdown and set.

Trying to answer these three at once, Miami is not optimistic and feels that FSU leads and has led over the past few weeks since they've turned up the heat on him. I have nothing from Dalvin personally, but people who have been around him during the process are all saying FSU. I posted last week that he was telling people around him it would be FSU and that has not changed in the last couple of days. Usually there is at least one or two people who would have a different opinion and say Miami or UF, but we have not heard anything but FSU.

Cook has kept everything close without giving many hints. He said after the state title game that he knew where he was going and shutting down his recruitment. Why have someone from FSU over then? Why even make the trip if you know you've won? I'm not saying he's a Cane, a Nole, or a Gator. Although given that he's announcing at the UA game I would have to imagine the Gators are out of it. Who knows what will happen. As others have pointed out, we were wrong with Coley, Collins, M6 and others before.

He's probably a Nole, but it ain't over till the fat lady sings. Until he enrolls and signs his LOI, Miami needs to stay on him. You never know.

I just can't stomach the possibility that Cook, Lane & Rudolph might all land at FSU. That would be a travesty.

Advertisement
i haven't heard much about fsu either so i have a thought that he doesn't talk about them so it can be a "surprise" when he picks them or just leaking the info to pick Miami. (i know this is logic) but looking at depth charts for his SO season fsu he would be competing with Green & Pender for the stating job at Miami (say duke is done after next season) Gus, Crawford, Yearby, and Powell. fsu is probably selling him on some "Jameis Winston" stuff....... looking at it like that just made me less optimistic, i haven't seen that put on for your city type stuff just that he wants to "be the man" on the next level with or without his "family"

Basically.

Basically.

485.gif

Basically.

Basically.

Pete, based on everything you just said, I gotta ask. I know you already know this, but Yearby stated that in his opinion/based on what he knows, it's UF, UM and THEN FSU, in that order. Now, I trust that you are hearing FSU from close sources, but regarding Yearby's statement, do you think he is he playing like he doesn't know anything?

Advertisement
I just can't stomach the possibility that Cook, Lane & Rudolph might all land at FSU. That would be a travesty.

Yup. Barring another Stacy Coley-like surprise, this does not seem like an unrealistic finish for FSU.

We can call these kids traitors, frontrunners, etc., but at the end of the day, recruiting comes down to business decisions.

FSU is on top of the world and playing for a national title. We **** the bed again VaTech, flipped the bed over, and **** it again against Duke.

Maybe I'm just wrong, but had we at least played in the ACCCG (even if we would have lost), I think we would have been at least trending positively with some sort momentum.

I'm just going to cross my fingers and hope some of these apparent FSU lean's have a change of heart.

pete's post makes it sound as if he is blabbing his pick all over town. cook might be lying but he said recently he was the only one that knew.

There has not been any positive buzz for Miami with Cook over the past week and everything we've heard is trending towards FSU. The visit just adds to what we know, which is that FSU leads.

Fair enough. I agree FSU appears to lead... but my entire point is nobody really knows. (for those saying it's a done deal)

Basically.

Basically.

Pete, based on everything you just said, I gotta ask. I know you already know this, but Yearby stated that in his opinion/based on what he knows, it's UF, UM and THEN FSU, in that order. Now, I trust that you are hearing FSU from close sources, but regarding Yearby's statement, do you think he is he playing like he doesn't know anything?

dalvin is committed to uf, joe is committed to miami...... he isnt going to say "oh yea he will commit to fsu but miami is still in it" because dalvin is still committed to uf. joe can always say later that he changed his mind thats why he went to fsu

Advertisement
Fire up the concession speech -- a better version of CJ Spiller is becoming a Nole.

Rustled.

487.gif

sources say alex collins is a cane lock. sources say matthew thomas is a silent. sources say jaynard bostwick will pick canes. sources say denver kirkland is a canes lock. sources say Stacy Coley is a nole lock. Seriously, just wait until the UA game. everyone is wasting their time.

Advertisement

FSU just had their QB win the Heisman. They are #1 team in the nation & are playing for a NC.. I do not consider them landing a few recruits from South Florida a "travesty".. We have the #3 class despite all the NCAA mess. Relax.

Usually there is at least one or two people who would have a different opinion and say Miami or UF, but we have not heard anything but FSU.

I thought Yearby said he thought UF with Miami maybe having a shot. (not arguing, just asking.. they are boys)

FSU just had their QB win the Heisman. They are #1 team in the nation & are playing for a NC.. I do not consider them landing a few recruits from South Florida a "travesty".. We have the #3 class despite all the NCAA mess. Relax.
There's no more NCAA "mess."

Advertisement
Back