Cook & the mystery of who got the last visit...

I guess Cook and Yearby aren't really that close...

A couple of days ago Yearby ranked the favorites for Cook as: UF, UM, and then FSU. And then he said Cook will probably decide to go to Miami in the end.

Advertisement
I just can't stomach the possibility that Cook, Lane & Rudolph might all land at FSU. That would be a travesty.

FSU just had their QB win the Heisman. They are #1 team in the nation & are playing for a NC.. I do not consider them landing a few recruits from South Florida a "travesty".. We have the #3 class despite all the NCAA mess. Relax.
There's no more NCAA "mess."

There was when 90% of this class committed.

I just can't stomach the possibility that Cook, Lane & Rudolph might all land at FSU. That would be a travesty.

FSU just had their QB win the Heisman. They are #1 team in the nation & are playing for a NC.. I do not consider them landing a few recruits from South Florida a "travesty".. We have the #3 class despite all the NCAA mess. Relax.

Did you think the NCAA ruling would come down and all of a sudden someone would snap their fingers and 3 years of negative recruiting would be undone? ESPECIALLY with FSU rolling?

Advertisement
I'll wait for confirmation from CornBreath before losing my **** thank you very much.

I know our overlord DMoney told us to be on our best behavior, but holy ******* **** at anyone still using the NCAA situation as a reason for us not landing a kid right now.

Stop using that as an excuse. The ruling came down 2 months ago. There is no more issues with this. It's black and white - were we going to lose more bowls and get hammered with crippling losses? No. The kids have the answers, their parents have the answers. We've had 2 months to explain it to them. Using that as an excuse now makes no sense.

Our class is great so this isn't a knock on it but if we only close with JC out of that elite bunch we will not be the number 3 class. We will fall to 4-10 depending how other schools close......

Advertisement

Did you think the NCAA ruling would come down and all of a sudden someone would snap their fingers and 3 years of negative recruiting would be undone? ESPECIALLY with FSU rolling?
Well. Yes. When you've been getting told about a death penalty and not playing in bowl games and massive scholarship reductions and then it comes out that you will, in fact, be bowl-eligible their entire career, and that there are minimal scholarship reductions, the picture becomes clear.

Do you think these kids are gonna sit there even after the news is dropped officially and think, "But, but, but Muschamp said deaf penalty."

Why visit with him again at the last moment if they felt confident or if they felt like they were the team he was picking? Maybe they convinced him to give them one last chance?

Just thinking out loud.

So are we basing most of this off of FSU getting another in-home visit?

Basically.

Not really. There has not been any positive buzz for Miami with Cook over the past week and everything we've heard is trending towards FSU. The visit just adds to what we know, which is that FSU leads.

What kind of buzz are you hearing? Without naming names, what is the nature of the sources you guys have? Has Dalvin given you any clues?

So are we basing most of this off of FSU getting another in-home visit?

Basically.

Not really. There has not been any positive buzz for Miami with Cook over the past week and everything we've heard is trending towards FSU. The visit just adds to what we know, which is that FSU leads.

can you share what the fsu evidence? i hear all this fsu noise but it seems based on tweets by a bunch of guys from rivals. also, if he is shutdown and knows where he is going, he can tell FSU, i am silent and want to announce at the UA game. them showing up doesnt vibe with a kid who is shutdown and set.

Trying to answer these three at once, Miami is not optimistic and feels that FSU leads and has led over the past few weeks since they've turned up the heat on him. I have nothing from Dalvin personally, but people who have been around him during the process are all saying FSU. I posted last week that he was telling people around him it would be FSU and that has not changed in the last couple of days. Usually there is at least one or two people who would have a different opinion and say Miami or UF, but we have not heard anything but FSU.

By "we", I mean myself, D$, Tito, and HurricaneGlory
except for his fellow running back right?

Advertisement
i will be positive, Pete was wrong for the worse he can be wrong for the better...nothing against you pete just being optimistic

Just because they felt confident doesn't mean they can't visit to make sure he's still leaning towards them or solidify that even further. How many of our current commits have we visited in the past month?

I'd like to think positively that we still get him but doesn't sound good. Hopefully everyone is wrong.

Advertisement
1. The NCAA stuff doesn't have jack**** to do with anything anymore
2. If Cook ends up at FSU, that will be extremely frustrating
3. I'm not quite sure what the coaches could have done different in his recruitment - it seems like they played every card they had

Why visit with him again at the last moment if they felt confident or if they felt like they were the team he was picking? Maybe they convinced him to give them one last chance?

Just thinking out loud.

Been said a few times in the thread and my thoughts exactly. When Cook announced that he was shutting down recruiting a few days back and knew where he is going, I thought whichever team that was still pursuing him until the beginning of the dead period (FSU) was the team that he didn't choose. I don't see the last minute recruiting effort by FSU as a negative for us at all. Just my 2 cents in this saga.

Last edited:

Just thinking out loud.

Maybe. But it could just be solid recruiting. If you have a chance to spend time with a high priority target and sell him on your program, you do. Especially when that high priority target is out of your home territory and is surrounded by opposing program influences. That hour or two you spend with him are two hours you not only get to sell him, but those are two hours some other team e.g. Miami, doesn't get to spend there and it forces other teams to try and counter...if they have the time and opportunity.

Advertisement
Back