Cook & the mystery of who got the last visit...

Why visit with him again at the last moment if they felt confident or if they felt like they were the team he was picking? Maybe they convinced him to give them one last chance?

Just thinking out loud.

Been said a few times in the thread and my thoughts exactly. When Cook announced that he was shutting recruiting a few days back and knew where he is going, I thought whichever team that was still pursuing him until the end of the dead period (FSU) was the team that he didn't choose. I don't see the last minute recruiting effort by FSU as a negative for us at all. Just my 2 cents in this saga.

Could be taken both ways, and I can see both being possible.

On one hand, Jimbo wanted one last push because he thought Cook was picking UM.

On the other hand, Dalvin told Jimbo he was choosing them, so he let him get the last visit.

Advertisement
or cook gave fsu the final visit to surprise everyone at UA game and pick the U. (lets hope)

I know our overlord DMoney told us to be on our best behavior, but holy ****ing **** at anyone still using the NCAA situation as a reason for us not landing a kid right now.

Stop using that as an excuse. The ruling came down 2 months ago. There is no more issues with this. It's black and white - were we going to lose more bowls and get hammered with crippling losses? No. The kids have the answers, their parents have the answers. We've had 2 months to explain it to them. Using that as an excuse now makes no sense.

^this

If anything, the past negative recruiting should be a positive for us. Other coaches have been swearing to these kids that we would get the death penalty. And now that we only got a slap on the wrist, it should destroy their credibility and reassure these kids that our coaches are the ones that should be trusted.

Maybe Cook let the assistant coach who has been pushing him to FSU that he was going to Miami and the coach convinced him to give FSU one last chance. It's a reach but can't give up yet lol

Advertisement
1. The NCAA stuff doesn't have jack**** to do with anything anymore
2. If Cook ends up at FSU, that will be extremely frustrating
3. I'm not quite sure what the coaches could have done different in his recruitment - it seems like they played every card they had

And the point of this masterpiece of a post was?

1. The NCAA stuff doesn't have jack**** to do with anything anymore
2. If Cook ends up at FSU, that will be extremely frustrating
3. I'm not quite sure what the coaches could have done different in his recruitment - it seems like they played every card they had

And the point of this masterpiece of a post was?

That the NCAA isn't an excuse and we're also not letting Cook "walk"

Can the insiders explain the Yearby/Cook dynamic, specifically Yearby's comments, if Cook has been FSU bound the past weeks? Is Cook lying to Yearby about his interest in Miami? Is Yearby talking about UF and Miami to help make Cook's announcement more shocking when he picks FSU? Is Yearby delusional about the situation?

Advertisement
Who is Cook close with at FSU? Where would he get the family atmosphere from?

Could just be bull**** recruiting cliche.

Pete just wondering who the people you talk to are... Teammates of cooks, miami staffers, ect... I understand if you don't want to divulge that for whatever reason.

I just can't stomach the possibility that Cook, Lane & Rudolph might all land at FSU. That would be a travesty.

FSU just had their QB win the Heisman. They are #1 team in the nation & are playing for a NC.. I do not consider them landing a few recruits from South Florida a "travesty".. We have the #3 class despite all the NCAA mess. Relax.

Exactly. God forbid we have a #3 ranked class and a 5-star running back committed.

So to review:

- one piece of new information followed by 8 pages of the same reaction the last time we heard that FSU leads
- FSU is on a roll
- there is no longer a cloud
- any mention of the past cloud to compare program momentum vs FSU is making an excuse

Did I see a Cook getting a better "deal" mentioned in this one?

Advertisement
I know our overlord DMoney told us to be on our best behavior, but holy ****ing **** at anyone still using the NCAA situation as a reason for us not landing a kid right now.

Stop using that as an excuse. The ruling came down 2 months ago. There is no more issues with this. It's black and white - were we going to lose more bowls and get hammered with crippling losses? No. The kids have the answers, their parents have the answers. We've had 2 months to explain it to them. Using that as an excuse now makes no sense.

^this

If anything, the past negative recruiting should be a positive for us. Other coaches have been swearing to these kids that we would get the death penalty. And now that we only got a slap on the wrist, it should destroy their credibility and reassure these kids that our coaches are the ones that should be trusted.

Not necessarily. If a kid spent the last 3 years losing interest in going to Miami because of the NCAA mess, 2-3 months to make up the lost ground isn't necessarily a given. It probably plays out differently for different kids.

IMO you cant discern anything from who got the last visit. You can look at it as its Jimbo's last chance to convince him to come here, or you can look at it as Jimbo's solidifying thing with him and make sure he's in the bag for FSU.

Many kids will give the program their committed to their last visit. So you can look at this any way you want.

IMO he's probably going to FSU, but we definitely recruited the **** out of him, and gave him something to think about. In the end though, its just not enough. Seems this kid has wanted to get out on his own for a while, and out of Miami. Also hurts that FSU is having their best year in over a decade.

Advertisement
IMO you cant discern anything from who got the last visit. You can look at it as its Jimbo's last chance to convince him to come here, or you can look at it as Jimbo's solidifying thing with him and make sure he's in the bag for FSU.

Many kids will give the program their committed to their last visit. So you can look at this any way you want.

IMO he's probably going to FSU, but we definitely recruited the **** out of him, and gave him something to think about. In the end though, its just not enough. Seems this kid has wanted to get out on his own for a while, and out of Miami. Also hurts that FSU is having their best year in over a decade.

this is how i see it. we did our best with this kid but he has been looking elsewhere from the beginning. if he chooses fsu he would have given both our in state rivals more consideration than us.

Last year insiders said we get everyone - We got no one.

This year insiders say we get no one - Maybe we get everyone?

Last year insiders said we get everyone - We got no one.

This year insiders say we get no one - Maybe we get everyone?

Define getting "no one". It looks good for JC Jackson and they just picked up Hester, who were two of the top targets.

Brewer, the guy in the avatar is surely no one, and he was from last yr. Lets just hope the ones we do get are of his caliber.

Advertisement
Back