Cook & the mystery of who got the last visit...

Reading through this thread, a bunch of people need to get laid more often. Real deal...

Says the guy with 22k posts.
261.gif

494.gif

Advertisement
Nobody can be stupid enough to think that UM will not be hitting him up through this time and nobody can imagine that if coaches from UM came to see Cook he didn't talk to them. UM could've easily stood back because of good sources that he's leaning to us and there was no need to come over but FSU could've easily went for 1 last try. Lets wait and see

Nobody can be stupid enough to think that UM will not be hitting him up through this time and nobody can imagine that if coaches from UM came to see Cook he didn't talk to them. UM could've easily stood back because of good sources that he's leaning to us and there was no need to come over but FSU could've easily went for 1 last try. Lets wait and see

Let's wait and see that is all that we can do, he might need a SWAG hat like Coley.

Seriously, is it a violation to pay a kid to NOT go somewhere? Like could I offer cook money if he just doesn't choose FSU? If it ain't a violation, count me in.

Advertisement
anyone still using the NCAA situation as a reason for us not landing a kid right now. Stop using that as an excuse. The ruling came down 2 months ago. There is no more issues with this. It's black and white - were we going to lose more bowls and get hammered with crippling losses? No. The kids have the answers, their parents have the answers. We've had 2 months to explain it to them. Using that as an excuse now makes no sense.

You can't erase 3 years of negative recruiting in two months.. Tons of kids had already trimmed their list down to a Final 3-5 (or had committed) before the ruling came out. Of course it isn't the main factor with a kid like Cook.. Fact is FSU is a better program right now.. but don't think we haven't been playing catch up with all these blue chip guys bc of it. It's not an excuse, it's the truth.. Trying to label it anything different is just flat out ignorant.

Again, you're lying to yourself.

The whole issue with the ruling not coming out was it gave other coaches the opportunity to instill fear into the kid's heads and fabricate this scary world where "Miami will be hammered." We had no way of refuting that, because we didn't know either. Staffs could drum up this image in recruit's heads where Miami is being thrown in shackles and marched to the gallows, and we really had no way to definitively say otherwise.

But the second the ruling came down, that was all over. If that was holding any player back, it instantly went away. There's nothing left to speculate on. Blaming the NCAA thing at this point is just an excuse. This isn't the video game where some kid "locks" a team out of his top 3 and refuses to listen to them. If anything, this ruling would've helped us with recruits as we had tangible evidence to point to and say, hey, see? We're not about to get raped.

Pointing to it as a reason we're losing Cook or any kid is strictly making excuses for this staff or Golden.

Anyone who thinks Dallas Crawford is playing Saftey here is a tard.

He could not play the position. That is why he is at RB. He is a good #3 RB which is what he would have been if Alex Collins came and Duke was healthy last year .

After he "shut down" the courting process.

Everyone is freaking out that FSU got last visit Sunday night only to find that UF came in right after.

Either we are totally out, or FSU and UF are trying to get back in the game. I'm not buying for a minute that we are out....that is the only thing that would explain yesterday's events (ie no last visit from us)

This is going down to the wire. At the end of the day, I am confident that Al Golden, Deandre Burnett, James Coley Roland Smith, Joe Yearby, Trevor Darling and the rest of the behind the scenes crew will win this battle.

This is not Matt Thomas or Keef Bryant.

This is Tracey Howard.

History is on our side.....

Last edited:
Advertisement
hope your right.

My order of schools he goes to is:

UM
UF
Any other besides FSU.

Sable for the first time i agree with you… after hearing Golden today I am inclined to go with you. The other day I thought you were trolling but now I think Cook to UM.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm pretty sure we talking to him in some fashion.

I haven't seen this type of attention to one recruit since the PJ fiasco... This is actually pretty **** humorous.

Advertisement
Back