Cook & the mystery of who got the last visit...

Advertisement
There might be a dead period to coaches and recruiters but there is no dead period for Mothers, Brothers and Best Friends who want him at the U.

Sounds like you're hoping UF is more likely. All signs point to a UF de-commit and FSU commit.

Yes, most definitely... but I disagree on the 2nd part. Look at his quotes. Listen what Yearby says. I think he will either stick with UF or stay home. (most "experts" disagree though) Should be interesting.

Is he still an EE? I feel like I remember him saying he was in his interview after the championship game, but I don't understand how he's going to announce Jan. 2nd and still be an EE??? I feel like he's maybe already told the team he's going to that he's coming (hopefully us and that's what Brennan's all-caps "#WELCOMETOTHEU !!!" tweet was about, but that's HIGHLY optimistic and I doubt it).

Is he still an EE? I feel like I remember him saying he was in his interview after the championship game, but I don't understand how he's going to announce Jan. 2nd and still be an EE??? I feel like he's maybe already told the team he's going to that he's coming (hopefully us and that's what Brennan's all-caps "#WELCOMETOTHEU !!!" tweet was about, but that's HIGHLY optimistic and I doubt it).

He is an EE. Miami gets back to school on January 13th and FSU is the 6th.

Advertisement
Also, I think I'm missing something... What suggests that Cook's going to FSU? I'm with ilovelamp51 on the argument that everything Cook says indicates he's either coming here or going to UF. Apart from the obvious reasons (Jameis, national championship, hottest team in the country), I have yet to see any indications from Dalvin himself that he's going to FSU. If he were mentioning championships or something, then I'd totally get it. But he's mentioning "family" and "comfort", which UM both have more than the other schools for Cook IMO. I may be wrong, but I hope I'm right.

Advertisement

So you can enroll 4 days before classes resume? That's the part I was confused on.

The idea that you have to work this hard on a kid who has a brother, best friend at Miami and parents who want him here-suggests Cook is determined to leave town. Nothing anyone on staff can do any harder, just a different type of kid. Frustrating, but 17 year old kids have the craziest reasons why they choose to leave or go to a school. Bizarre recruitment from the beginning.

or if there was a god, this kid was trolling other schools the whole time, building a bond with lane and jackson and others so when he flips, he can bring them to the U. Come on guys, my boys darling and yearby are going, we can blow up together. That is our fantasy conclusion to this. It does look like they are playing a game in thsi clip.

[video=youtube;30H6S8Y5kHo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30H6S8Y5kHo[/video]

he said probably splitting up?
213.gif

Advertisement

So you can enroll 4 days before classes resume? That's the part I was confused on.

Yes. There's usually a date that is the last day you can enroll in classes, but that comes after the semester begins.

So are we basing most of this off of FSU getting another in-home visit?

Basically.

Not really. There has not been any positive buzz for Miami with Cook over the past week and everything we've heard is trending towards FSU. The visit just adds to what we know, which is that FSU leads.

What kind of buzz are you hearing? Without naming names, what is the nature of the sources you guys have? Has Dalvin given you any clues?

Basically.

Not really. There has not been any positive buzz for Miami with Cook over the past week and everything we've heard is trending towards FSU. The visit just adds to what we know, which is that FSU leads.

so as far as what your hearing...why do you feel he'll pick FSU over the possibility of playing with his best friends and going to school with his brother?

he thinks he'll succeed more at FSU?

Advertisement

Basically.

can you share what the fsu evidence? i hear all this fsu noise but it seems based on tweets by a bunch of guys from rivals. also, if he is shutdown and knows where he is going, he can tell FSU, i am silent and want to announce at the UA game. them showing up doesnt vibe with a kid who is shutdown and set.

this recruiting updates are a bunch of guys following each others tweets. last week dalvin was going to LSU for a visit. everyone was reporting it and he said it was false. we might as well just wait until he picks. Yearby said he thought it was between florida and miami basically. He is announcing at a game that yearby will be with him. there are things in our favor too.

Advertisement
Back