Context for Aug. 24 - QB Advantage Isn't Clear Cut & Other Notes

If you're going to post like this (aka cry), at least be factual.

Baxa was 41/69 on touchbacks.....that's 59.4%. That was good for 35th in the country as a true freshman. I also stopped reading when you said our kicker should have a touchback on every kick....there were 9 kickers in the entire country who had over 75% touchbacks. There were 0 who had 90% touchbacks. Get a clue.

If there was a real knock on Bubba, it was his 4 kickoffs out of bounds. That is inexcusable.

Not to mention on some kick-offs the kicker is asked to kick directionally and around the goal line to try and pin a team deep in their zone.

Advertisement

75% is tied for number 86 kicker. I guess reading comprehension isn’t your strong suit either. The only person spewing bull**** is you. Also considering I’m only 30 if that kid ****ed my daughter he would probably be in jail.

I don’t care about the national average we want to be the best team in the country and that is a kick you have to make consistently in a big game. What do you know about kicking? Sounds like absolutely nothing but trying to be an internet tuff guy. Only one stat was incorrect bc I had a typo that made him look BETTER. Have you ever played a sport or been on a competitive team bc sounds like you are just fine with being middle of the pack or worse. I played soccer my whole life and I’ve been in my fair share of pressure situations when it comes to sports. I know kicking and that after his freshman year that kid doesn’t look even close to average.

Oh, you played soccer your whole life. Now it makes sense.

And one more thing, Ronaldhoe...might wanna get another source besides ESPN for your stats. You’re looking at every kicker in the country, not FBS kids. Cfbstats.com is your friend. Now please, stick to the premiere league and leave the men’s sports to the adults.

Last edited:
Thank you for correcting this fool lol.

Guy provides no stats or evidence outside trying to take shots and get loud.
Oh, you played soccer your whole life. Now it makes sense.

And one more thing, Ronaldhoe...might wanna get another source besides ESPN for your stats. You’re looking at every kicker in the country, not FBS kids. Cfbstats.com is your friend. Now please, stick to the premiere league and leave the men’s sports to the adults.

You know the sport where you kick the ball. But if you are okay with 54th tells me the weak mind set you live with. What competitive sport did you play tuff guy? Band and video games don’t count. I only follow football, basketball, and Juventus soccer at this point of my life. I was a pretty decent soccer player so yes I have good insight on kicking a football. Adult😂 taking shots at me or the most popular sport in the world tells everyone your age. And you being okay with those ****** ranking also tells me how mediocre of a life you must live.

75% is tied for number 86 kicker.

Dude, stop it. You're wrong.

He was 9-12 which is tied for 54th in the country or 6th in the ACC.

Edit: Furthermore, Michael Badgley is kicking in the NFL and he was 74% as a senior. You really should let it go. As stated above, Baxa was no where among the top 5 biggest issues last season.

The QB, offensive coaching staff, wide receivers' hands, OL, punting and ball security were much worse.

Last edited:
Advertisement

That is not good. Lol. How many 50 yard field goals did we pass up last year bc he doesn’t have the distance? The world isn’t black and white look at the context in between. Coaches didn’t trust him and he can’t kick far. You realize we only have so many players we can take in a year and taking a punter was more of a concern then the PK for good reason. Assumptions get you in trouble and homie trying to call me out is doing a **** ton of assuming and also is okay with mediocrity. No one should be okay with middle of the pack. We are the U.

I didn’t know Missouri’s pass defense was that horrible . They made Franks look bad and their WRs did the same to Florida’s secondary

Edit: Furthermore, Michael Badgley is kicking in the NFL and he was 74% as a senior. You really should let it go. As stated above, Baxa was no where among the top 5 biggest issues last season.

The QB, offensive coaching staff, wide receivers' hands, OL, punting and ball security were much worse.

He's ****ed because we don't have a true freshman kicker booming 50 yard FGs like he's Justin Tucker.

There were 2 kickers drafted last year. DRAFTED. We're talking the best of the absolute best, obviously. Only 2 were selected in the draft.

One is the kid from Utah who went to Tampa....he was 7-10 from 40-49 yards, and 3-5 from 50+, which, to any sane person, is amazing for a college kicker. Except this lunatic, who thinks *ANY* scholarship kicker should make 75%+ from 40+. But guys who get drafted don't even do that. Our true freshman should though, or else he sucks.

The other was the Oklahoma kicker who went to Cleveland....wanna know how many kicks he made over 40 yards? One. He was 1-1, and 0-1 from 50+. He was also OU's kicker for 4 years. His freshman year, he made 78% of his kicks (18/23). His sophomore year, he made 69% of his kicks (11/16). So a kid who was drafted as one of only 2 kickers in the entire country, for his first 2 years combined, made 74% of his FGs. Bubba Baxa made 75% of his as a true freshman.

And, just since I'm bored and enjoy how triggered our freshman kicker has gotten you, the OU kicker (Austin Seibert, by the way), was 7/11 on FGs between 30-39 yards his freshman year....you know, the ones who you say should be as automatic as extra points. A kid who was drafted to kick field goals in the National Football League made less than 70% of his "automatic" kicks as a freshman at OU. But our freshman kicker, who made 75% of *ALL* his kicks.....he's a liability and should have his scholarship revoked lol. You should've went back to work like I told you to hours ago.

The guys who usually lead the nation in field goal % are the guys who have the most attempts under 30 yards. Baxa was 8-9 on kicks under 40 yards. That's 89%. Had he attempted more than 9 field goals inside 40 yards, his overall percentage would have been significantly higher. People have this weird belief that NFL quality kickers are commonplace but the truth is, they're incredibly rare. Much rarer than NFL quality quarterbacks. Baxa was a very solid kicker especially for a freshman last season. He has room for improvement but is nowhere near a weak point of the team.

Advertisement
He's ****ed because we don't have a true freshman kicker booming 50 yard FGs like he's Justin Tucker.

There were 2 kickers drafted last year. DRAFTED. We're talking the best of the absolute best, obviously. Only 2 were selected in the draft.

One is the kid from Utah who went to Tampa....he was 7-10 from 40-49 yards, and 3-5 from 50+, which, to any sane person, is amazing for a college kicker. Except this lunatic, who thinks *ANY* scholarship kicker should make 75%+ from 40+. But guys who get drafted don't even do that. Our true freshman should though, or else he sucks.

The other was the Oklahoma kicker who went to Cleveland....wanna know how many kicks he made over 40 yards? One. He was 1-1, and 0-1 from 50+. He was also OU's kicker for 4 years. His freshman year, he made 78% of his kicks (18/23). His sophomore year, he made 69% of his kicks (11/16). So a kid who was drafted as one of only 2 kickers in the entire country, for his first 2 years combined, made 74% of his FGs. Bubba Baxa made 75% of his as a true freshman.

And, just since I'm bored and enjoy how triggered our freshman kicker has gotten you, the OU kicker (Austin Seibert, by the way), was 7/11 on FGs between 30-39 yards his freshman year....you know, the ones who you say should be as automatic as extra points. A kid who was drafted to kick field goals in the National Football League made less than 70% of his "automatic" kicks as a freshman at OU. But our freshman kicker, who made 75% of *ALL* his kicks.....he's a liability and should have his scholarship revoked lol. You should've went back to work like I told you to hours ago.

Justin Tucker bombs 60 plus yard field goals FYI. We are talking about Bubba Baxa and the standard of being the Miami Hurricanes kicker. Ill start with your BS stats. There were 11 freshman kickers(including Floridas) who were ranked higher then him. One big detail you keep leaving out and is a huge reason that kickers are drafted is how far they can kick the ball. Our kicker is inaccurate and he cannot kick far. Go read any website description about him and they mention his low trajectory coming out of high school. You very conveniently fail to mention his 4/10 field goals his senior year of high school.

Now go look at the tape(I know this is above your brain capacity) but his ball flutters, has a weird spin, and has not much power behind it. When he kicks it as hard as he can the trajectory is low and losses most of its accuracy. I hope he can improve because there are some things you can do to improve your height on kicks but we did not see that improvement last year. It also usually cost you distance which is already an issue.

You must be really bored or not have a job to waste an hour looking up all those meaningless stats for kickers from other universities. If the game comes down to the end and we have to get to the 20 yard line instead of the 35 to make a field goal it puts us at a disadvantage. That you can not get that through your tiny brain is perplexing. Still waiting to hear what competitive sport you played or what makes you an expert on kickers because It is obvious I have a lot more insight on the discussion then looking up other kickers stats and trying to find their imperfections. Im starting to think you may blow this kid on the side just like he blows 40 yard field goals.

The guys who usually lead the nation in field goal % are the guys who have the most attempts under 30 yards. Baxa was 8-9 on kicks under 40 yards. That's 89%. Had he attempted more than 9 field goals inside 40 yards, his overall percentage would have been significantly higher. People have this weird belief that NFL quality kickers are commonplace but the truth is, they're incredibly rare. Much rarer than NFL quality quarterbacks. Baxa was a very solid kicker especially for a freshman last season. He has room for improvement but is nowhere near a weak point of the team.

Harder to find a kicker then a QB lol. He is a problem just not on the level of fixing the offense or the punting situation. Hopefully he improves, maybe he had something going on because kicking is somewhat mental(now y'all have me doing the maybe thing). Alabama had an equally as bad kicker but they don't have to worry about it because of their stacked offense and defense. We do not have that luxury. You are assuming he makes all these field goals and considering he even missed an extra point I wouldn't count your chickens before they hatch. Once again when you take into consideration most kickers can kick a 50 yard field goal and our guy was not trusted to do so it is a problem. Im done talking about this it is pointless talking with people who think with Ifs buts and maybes instead of facts and analysis.

This is very correct.

We had a guy here once who was 178/181 (98.3%) on PATs and 73/91 (80.2%) on field goals and held the NCAA scoring record. Carlos Huerta also wasn't drafted by the NFL despite his accuracy, reputation for steel nerves, and being the starter for 2 national championship seasons.

This is very correct.

We had a guy here once who was 178/181 (98.3%) on PATs and 73/91 (80.2%) on field goals and held the NCAA scoring record. Carlos Huerta also wasn't drafted by the NFL despite his accuracy, reputation for steel nerves, and being the starter for 2 national championship seasons.

But homeboy said most college kickers can kick 50 yard FGs hahahahahahahahhaahhahhaha

Advertisement
Justin Tucker bombs 60 plus yard field goals FYI. We are talking about Bubba Baxa and the standard of being the Miami Hurricanes kicker. Ill start with your BS stats. There were 11 freshman kickers(including Floridas) who were ranked higher then him. One big detail you keep leaving out and is a huge reason that kickers are drafted is how far they can kick the ball. Our kicker is inaccurate and he cannot kick far. Go read any website description about him and they mention his low trajectory coming out of high school. You very conveniently fail to mention his 4/10 field goals his senior year of high school.

Now go look at the tape(I know this is above your brain capacity) but his ball flutters, has a weird spin, and has not much power behind it. When he kicks it as hard as he can the trajectory is low and losses most of its accuracy. I hope he can improve because there are some things you can do to improve your height on kicks but we did not see that improvement last year. It also usually cost you distance which is already an issue.

You must be really bored or not have a job to waste an hour looking up all those meaningless stats for kickers from other universities. If the game comes down to the end and we have to get to the 20 yard line instead of the 35 to make a field goal it puts us at a disadvantage. That you can not get that through your tiny brain is perplexing. Still waiting to hear what competitive sport you played or what makes you an expert on kickers because It is obvious I have a lot more insight on the discussion then looking up other kickers stats and trying to find their imperfections. Im starting to think you may blow this kid on the side just like he blows 40 yard field goals.
Justin Tucker bombed exactly 1 60+ yard field goal with the Ravens in 2013. It was 61 yards.

Yet Garrett Lindholm, who booted a genuine 64 yard field goal went undrafted in 2010 and never made in past the preseason in the NFL.

Advertisement
Harder to find a kicker then a QB lol. He is a problem just not on the level of fixing the offense or the punting situation. Hopefully he improves, maybe he had something going on because kicking is somewhat mental(now y'all have me doing the maybe thing). Alabama had an equally as bad kicker but they don't have to worry about it because of their stacked offense and defense. We do not have that luxury. You are assuming he makes all these field goals and considering he even missed an extra point I wouldn't count your chickens before they hatch. Once again when you take into consideration most kickers can kick a 50 yard field goal and our guy was not trusted to do so it is a problem. Im done talking about this it is pointless talking with people who think with Ifs buts and maybes instead of facts and analysis.

Do me a favor and go to that ESPN page you sent and sort by 50+ yard field goals made. Like I did below.
Notice that after the first 10 kickers, no kicker made more than 2 50+ yard kicks all of last year. Kind of crazy how few teams even trust their kickers to do "what should be expected".
Why don't go ahead and sort by 40-49 as well and let us know what you learn there too before too. Crazy how few of those are even made or attempted.

Have you not considered that we didn't kick field goals because by the time we even got close enough to do so, Richt was desperate to actually get a TD? Or maybe we didn't kick as much because our Special Teams could block as well as tissue paper. But sure, our kicker is the reason we sucked. Despite being a freshman that did better than the majority of FBS teams.

Do me a favor and go to that ESPN page you sent and sort by 50+ yard field goals made. Like I did below.
Notice that after the first 10 kickers, no kicker made more than 2 50+ yard kicks all of last year. Kind of crazy how few teams even trust their kickers to do "what should be expected".
Why don't go ahead and sort by 40-49 as well and let us know what you learn there too before too. Crazy how few of those are even made or attempted.

Have you not considered that we didn't kick field goals because by the time we even got close enough to do so, Richt was desperate to actually get a TD? Or maybe we didn't kick as much because our Special Teams could block as well as tissue paper. But sure, our kicker is the reason we sucked. Despite being a freshman that did better than the majority of FBS teams.

View attachment 86354

Thank you for making my point that our kicker isn’t on the level of the top 30 guys. Don’t see any attempted or made 50 yarders by baxa. he is 33% on kicks over 40 yards. He can’t kick for distance. We lost 3 games by less then 8 points, those points would have been valuable. I never said he should kick them consistently but would be nice to be able to try at the end of a half or to win the game. There are some dumb people on this website.

Advertisement
Back