MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Still a worthwhile discussion in the context of what you posted versus the context of the thread. I went back to look at 2017 ratings week 11:

Miami vs Notre Dame drew 6.7M viewers
#1 Georgia vs #10 Auburn drew 7.4M (alone in the time slot)
#16 Miss St vs #2 Alabama drew 7.0M (game we were up against in the time slot)

Miami's TV rankings for the games they played that year were:

Week 5: #11 game of the week
W6: #5
W7: #5
W8: #8
W9: #10
W10: #5
W11: #3
W12: #4
W13: #5
Yes sir. I asked about 2017 in response to our 2021 and 2022 numbers.

Advertisement
We might legitimately lose every single conference game in the SEC if that move were to happen while Cristobal is still the coach here.

Pray that it doesn’t.

They want in to certain tv markets. No one in their right mind running a top conference should be clamoring to grab Rutgers the football program but Rutgers University is in the metro nyc tv market, the most powerful market there is. The Big 10 is prioritizing tv markets above other things which is why Oregon wasn’t/isn’t a shoe-in. They should be based on success the past 15 or so years plus Nike but they’re not. Not yet.

No doubt, but here’s a fun fact about Rutgers prior to joining the B1G: From 2004-13 (10 seasons) they went: 75-51 (5 bowl victories). By comparison, we went: 75-49 (2 bowl victories). The irony.

No doubt, but here’s a fun fact about Rutgers prior to joining the B1G: From 2004-13 (10 seasons) they went: 75-51 (5 bowl victories). By comparison, we went: 75-49 (2 bowl victories). The irony.
That’s interesting. They just don’t have any real appeal though even with a better record than us. It’s just their tv market.

For me, I would add Oregon, Cal and Stanford for certain on the west coast. I’d look at Washingon. and Miami, UNC and look at UVA and even Duke and GT.

The money at Cal and Stanford plus the academics is just massive.

I’m bigger on academics and all that goes with that.

Advertisement
That’s interesting. They just don’t have any real appeal though even with a better record than us. It’s just their tv market.

For me, I would add Oregon, Cal and Stanford for certain on the west coast. I’d look at Washingon. and Miami, UNC and look at UVA and even Duke and GT.

The money at Cal and Stanford plus the academics is just massive.

I’m bigger on academics and all that goes with that.

100% agree w/ u.

100% agree w/ u.
Imagine having the Cal, Stanford, Duke and Northwestern academics and money people in the conference plus the Michigan, UNC & UVA bases. It has to mean something at some point.

Imagine if some of these schools decided they want to win football games???

They’d kill everyone with $$$

Don't be so harsh. Blake James is going to lead Boston College back to the Big East...
They're actually going to end up going to the RSEQ in Canada and playing the likes of McGill and Concordia. Blake will be very excited about joining the long line of athletic excellence in Quebec will say it's a very exciting day in Chestnut Hill.

I'm still dumbfounded as to how and why BC hired him. That dude shouid be interviewing at one of the SUNYs or somewhere like Sarah Lawrence.

Advertisement
They want in to certain tv markets. No one in their right mind running a top conference should be clamoring to grab Rutgers the football program but Rutgers University is in the metro nyc tv market, the most powerful market there is. The Big 10 is prioritizing tv markets above other things which is why Oregon wasn’t/isn’t a shoe-in. They should be based on success the past 15 or so years plus Nike but they’re not. Not yet.
That is a top 25 and top 15 tv market though, if we are looking past success.

IMG_0424.jpeg

You guys are reading these things so wrong as I’ve tried to explain earlier in this thread life but I’m also not going to try and reexplain it yet again as you guys use data but not context to draw the wrong conclusions over and over again. I don’t try to explain to engineers How I have tools to argue with them and I’m not going to argue with people that have no experience in tv rights or media marketing or streaming how they know more because of this link I gave here

So I really haven’t been following this thread. It’s a lot of pages to go through. Can you give me the gist of your thesis? Much appreciated.

So I really haven’t been following this thread. It’s a lot of pages to go through. Can you give me the gist of your thesis? Much appreciated.
7 ACC schools (Magnificent 7) have been meeting silently (U, fsu, Clemson, Unc, nc state, uva and vt). Looking at an exit strategy it would appear. Likely we end up in B1G with Unc — Clemson fsu to sec. Not sure about the rest of the teams. I think that’s an accurate summary.

Advertisement
7 ACC schools (Magnificent 7) have been meeting silently (U, fsu, Clemson, Unc, nc state, uva and vt). Looking at an exit strategy it would appear. Likely we end up in B1G with Unc — Clemson fsu to sec. Not sure about the rest of the teams. I think that’s an accurate summary.

Thanks. But that’s @Ispyin ’s thesis that he referenced?

Advertisement
I get the thought of having a Rutgers in your conference will bolster TV deals, but…
there are no more people watching the BIG 10 now in NYC/Metro then there were 9 years ago.

I’ll say top 3, MEEchigan, ND and Penn State, move the needle for the 348 people in the area that watch CFB.

Why would UM join the B10 over the SEC? I'm not disagreeing, just trying to understand more of us joining the B10 and not the SEC.

IMO, I think the SEC would want FSU more than UM, as FSU fits more of their demo

Advertisement
Back