MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Why would UM join the B10 over the SEC? I'm not disagreeing, just trying to understand more of us joining the B10 and not the SEC.

IMO, I think the SEC would want FSU more than UM, as FSU fits more of their demo
I'm not advocating for either but:

B1G is going to end up being a bigger national brand. And better all around at all sports. And a better academic conference.

SEC is regional.

Also we have more natural long term rivalries with the B1G from our independent days than we do with SEC (besides Florida).

ND
Penn State
Nebraska

All would create some great historic story lines.

Right, but you aren't going to get the votes to disband the ACC unless ALL the yes voters have a seat at that table.

Not 8-9 seats available and nobody is doing this to go to the crappy current big 12.

Only way you get the votes is if the secret seven plus one or two start their own league

Completely wrong.

You act as if you have the math figured out.

The reality is that there will be seats, even if some of them are in the Big 12. The Big 12 is ALREADY poised to pay out more money PER SCHOOL than the ACC currently does. So even if some of these schools become the east-coast branch of the Big 12, they will STILL make more money.

You act as if the Big 10 and the SEC are the ONLY choices. And for Miami, that may be true.

But not for everyone. Duke and Wake will do VERY well in the Big 12. Louisville and Pitt too.

ACC should have BEEN moved the title game to Tampa. No one wants to sit in the frickin cold that time of the year freezing ur sack off. Even the B1G who are notorious for cold weather teams play their championship game in a dome stadium. So does the SEC.

If the ACC survives it needs to immediately move that Championship game to Raymond James Stadium

Or...and hear me out...Hard Rock Stadium once UM builds its own stadium...

Hers the thing. The current SEC tv deal is the second worst negotiated contract behind the ACC tv deal.

Only way Miami goes to SEC is if espn plays nice and renegotiates the SEC tv deal, and they dont have a lot of incentive to do that, other than to play defense against the Big Ten, who is running circles around every other conference from a tv standpoint

Yes.

As a person who has lived in Florida (and now Georgia) since the age of 5, I'd love to be in the SEC for rivalry and geographic purposes.

But I can't ignore that the Big 10 TV money and academics are pretty compelling.

Advertisement
We might legitimately lose every single conference game in the SEC if that move were to happen while Cristobal is still the coach here.

Pray that it doesn’t.
Pause Affirmations GIF by Selfpause: Positive Affirmation App
200.gif

Break Pause GIF by femtec alumnae e.v.

Completely wrong.

You act as if you have the math figured out.

The reality is that there will be seats, even if some of them are in the Big 12. The Big 12 is ALREADY poised to pay out more money PER SCHOOL than the ACC currently does. So even if some of these schools become the east-coast branch of the Big 12, they will STILL make more money.

You act as if the Big 10 and the SEC are the ONLY choices. And for Miami, that may be true.

But not for everyone. Duke and Wake will do VERY well in the Big 12. Louisville and Pitt too.
Nobody from the Acc is going to the horrible conference USA looking modern big 12

The ACC saw Florida State ($78.7), Miami ($74.2) and Clemson ($68.9) as its top generators in the latest filings.

In an interesting twist among the dozens of Power-5 programs examined by FootballScoop, both Miami (Fla.) and the University of Kentucky reported that their respective football programs tallied expenses identical to their revenues – down to the exact dollar.

The Hurricanes reported exactly $74,206,277 revenues and the identical figure in expenses; Kentucky showed $37.6 million in revenues and the same figure, also down to the exact dollar, in expenses.

Advertisement
Nobody from the Acc is going to the horrible conference USA looking modern big 12
Don't bet your home on that. Realignment IS happening and the Big 12 will be adding quality programs that will not be invited to the SEC or Big 10. Would not be surprised to see Duke, Pitt, BC, Syracuse, Louisville in the Big 12 once all of the dust settles. As pointed out earlier in this thread ...the Big 12 $$$ would surpass what these teams currently receive in the horrific ACC media deal. Two heavyweight conferences with the main prime time slots ... Big 10 and SEC. Then the Big 12 ... a light heavyweight with the cream of the "leftovers" coast to coast.

The ACC saw Florida State ($78.7), Miami ($74.2) and Clemson ($68.9) as its top generators in the latest filings.

In an interesting twist among the dozens of Power-5 programs examined by FootballScoop, both Miami (Fla.) and the University of Kentucky reported that their respective football programs tallied expenses identical to their revenues – down to the exact dollar.

The Hurricanes reported exactly $74,206,277 revenues and the identical figure in expenses; Kentucky showed $37.6 million in revenues and the same figure, also down to the exact dollar, in expenses.

People are gonna have fun trying to reconcile this one against their false narrative

Advertisement
I'm not advocating for either but:

B1G is going to end up being a bigger national brand. And better all around at all sports. And a better academic conference.

SEC is regional.

Also we have more natural long term rivalries with the B1G from our independent days than we do with SEC (besides Florida).

ND
Penn State
Nebraska

All would create some great historic story lines.

I do like how the new Big 10 commissioner isn't being stagnant with conference re-alignment.

I think UM as a university, aligns more with how the Big 10 wants their universities to be.

Plus adding USC or UCLA to the schedule is enticing for UM as a brand.

Wonder why it's the exact same what the benefit there is to having it look that way.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back