MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Lol bud, this isn't the "gotcha" you think it is.
Whether or not you were commenting about a B20 or not, doesn't mean I can't respond that at the end of the day I don't see Oregon and Washington being left out. I really don't know why you are making it complicated. You aren't the thread czar that dictates how people get to respond.

Look, nobody is a "thread czar", I'm just making some reasonable suggestions so that you are not laughed out of the discussion. If you suddenly want to move from a 20-team Big 10 discussion to a 24-team discussion, do everyone a favor and just MENTION IT, don't respond to a bunch of people talking about one thing and then just assume we all know what's inside of your head.

Just take a look at what you did to @RVACane , we were all talking about Washington/Oregon, and then without any context or explanation you start yapping about Sacramento and Phoenix TV markets.

You might understand what you're talking about, but I assure you that nobody else knows what you are talking about.

Last edited:
I’m just really hoping that we can keep the annual Miami FSU football game alive no matter how this all shakes out. I’d hate to lose that in this money grab.

How much does SECs payout increase with new members? Wonder if they add members if it's a better deal than B10s.... Though I guess it likely entirely depends on which school is added. Though B10 does get the bonus when they enter new states in their deal..

Keep in mind, there are two main components of "TV deals" generally.

The one that always gets mentioned is the "network/cable TV contract". So if you add more schools into any conference, the mechanism is usually "reopening the contract" for the purpose of renegotiating the $$$ compensation. That has happened routinely for the last couple of decades whenever any conference has added teams.

The other one is "carriage rate" related to the conference network itself. Thus, if the Big 10 goes into new states and secures new fans, they will naturally have new subscribers for the Big 10 Network. This does NOT have to be renegotiated, they simply get more money per the existing cable-system carriage contracts that are already in place.

Both situations put more money in the conference, and by extension, more money into each member school.

Advertisement
But, isn’t that an indication? Why r we on Bally’s Sports?

Before they were Bally Sports, they were Sports Channel Florida and Sunshine Network. I think we've had a longtime deal to work with those regional sports networks, but it has gotten out of hand lately.

If you thought the league was against us in the ACC, just imagine in the SEC.
Exactly. “If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em” doesn’t work in this picture. Joining them will put us exactly where they will have us as their *itches. The money that conference has, will ensure that. Any move has to be well thought out.

Advertisement
Don't bet your home on that. Realignment IS happening and the Big 12 will be adding quality programs that will not be invited to the SEC or Big 10. Would not be surprised to see Duke, Pitt, BC, Syracuse, Louisville in the Big 12 once all of the dust settles. As pointed out earlier in this thread ...the Big 12 $$$ would surpass what these teams currently receive in the horrific ACC media deal. Two heavyweight conferences with the main prime time slots ... Big 10 and SEC. Then the Big 12 ... a light heavyweight with the cream of the "leftovers" coast to coast.
Duke, Wake and BC don’t really fit academically with those Big 12 teams. I guess they have nowhere else to land tho.

Advertisement
I’m just really hoping that we can keep the annual Miami FSU football game alive no matter how this all shakes out. I’d hate to lose that in this money grab.
I dont think FSU and Miami would cancel their game if and likely when they split up. we've been in separate conferences and played yearly. the tricky part is if its two 20+ member conferences and non conference games become close to eliminated (tho id rather keep FSU as a staple non conf game).

(I do not think miami goes to the SEC, I think its b10 and I believe we fit the b10 profile better than we do the SEC. we are a small private school w a heavy NE student body and a big Chicago presence and we aren't remotely southern or traditional. FSU has some of the issues UF has w their student body coming from major cities but I think they fit the SEC profile better than we do (traditional state school w southern traditions))

Dabo is not present at the meetings this year. The conference fined him $10K for missing it. Seems the conference meetings were moved to an earlier date this year and Sweeney had a family European vacation planned for a long time and declined to alter his plans.

Don't forget all the games Miami used to be on Raycom Sports.
. people just forget the ray com part of it. also, there weren't a lot of people in FL asking where to watch games. it was a lot of folks who didnt know how to access the games when it was on Ballys (Which basically just replaced Raycom as the RSN home). we've always had games on RSNs every season. it just became a thing this year bc it moved to Ballys instead of another RSN feed

Advertisement
With Blake James we would’ve moved in the SWAC.

I called that loser out on twitter years ago. Told him he's a useless AD and that he needs to raise funds for facility upgrades.

He got in his feelings and replied to me, suggesting I be the one to kick it off by donating money.

What a tool. It was obvious from the moment that loser took the job, he was incompetent - at best.

Dabo is not present at the meetings this year. The conference fined him $10K for missing it. Seems the conference meetings were moved to an earlier date this year and Sweeney had a family European vacation planned for a long time and declined to alter his plans.
Clemson has a landing spot (anywhere they want) if the ACC blows up. legit Clemson could just sit the entire thing out and it wont matter to them. theyre really the only magnificent team of the magnificent 7 lol so figuring out where they end up isnt an issue bc every conf on earth would want Clemson.

Advertisement
Back