-25th in Total O
-26th in Total Offensive Yardsge
-24th in Yards/play
-T-46th in Total Offensive TDs
-25th in Total Yards/game
-50th in Passing Efficiency
-35th in Scoring Offense
-38th in Passing

We’ve made improvements, for sure, but UW tote that rock, a lot. The physical meant they imposed their will in the pass game and along trenches when needed. They had two WRs over 100 yards today.
A few things

Washington had a much better QB and more importantly Washington plays in the pac 12 so a lot of those stats come with an asterisk just like defensive stats with big ten teams

While that is true, part of me would love to see FSU win IF Alabama beats Georgia, JUST to keep Alabama out. Otherwise, I'm a pretty **** big UL fan this weekend.
Camera Photographer GIF by Travis

Advertisement
I don’t think Lanning is a bad coach but him and his staff definitely got out coached big time by Washington’s staff.

Washington was the better team 3 out of 4 quarters and looked more in control and confident in what they were doing

I think they can beat Michigan. Penix is better than McCarthy, the Washington OL are studs and very smart, the WRs, Oduze and crew are legit, the RB is a dude and their defense in the front 7 is legit. Secondary tackling was the biggest thing hurting them last night that kept Oregon in the game

I don’t think Lanning is a bad coach but him and his staff definitely got out coached big time by Washington’s staff.

Washington was the better team 3 out of 4 quarters and looked more in control and confident and what they were doing

I think they can beat Michigan. Penix is better than McCarthy, the Washington OL are studs and very smart, the WRs, Oduze and crew are legit, the RB is a dude and their defense in the front 7 is legit. Secondary tackling was the biggest thing hurting them last night that kept

Advertisement
You guys are hilarious to try to tie what UW does to Mario.. Just because one say they are physical is absolutely not the same as Mario caveman bro FiZiCaL football.. Its like you never watch UW, miss all the intricacies in their play calling which is light years from what we do, you hear physical and start pointing at the tv like "Thats what mario told me! that what mario says!", cmon man.. They just went undefeated 13-0 in year 2 and we 7-5.. They got like 2 losses in 2 years 24-2.. :ibis-roflmao-sm3:

ABSOLUTELY NOBODY said we shouldnt be physical or its a bad thing, most complain about NOT TAKING A KNEE, or throwing trick plays to blocking TE, lmaooo..

Leonardo Di Caprio Look GIF by Once Upon A Time In Hollywood
Dude Deboer is a **** of a coach no one is comparing what he does to what Mario does but it’s all rooted from the same thing being good in the trenches and branching out from there. Being physical doesn’t have to look like Michigan. He’s keeps beating Lanning all gas no brakes let’s spread everything out and score 100 points on the sisters of the blind schools.

Also are we still going to act like Washington isn’t getting better qb play from Penix then what Miami got from TVd. I’d love to see TVD go there so we can all finally see if he has to mental chops to play in a complex offense.

Dude Deboer is a **** of a coach no one is comparing what he does to what Mario does but it’s all rooted from the same thing being good in the trenches and branching out from there. Being physical doesn’t have to look like Michigan. He’s keeps beating Lanning all gas no brakes let’s spread everything out and score 100 points on the sisters of the blind schools.

Also are we still going to act like Washington isn’t getting better qb play from Penix then what Miami got from TVd. I’d love to see TVD go there so we can all finally see if he has to mental chops to play in a complex offense.
EVERY coach wants to be good in the trenches, what Kalen does and Mario is two different mindsets. Mario literally wants to be better than man in front of you, they stack the box with a hundred guys, I DONT CARE, RUN IT UP THE GUT AND BEAT YOUR MAN! UW is physical but they add clever playcaling,shifts, motions, stuff we rarely see to get advantage, they called a read option REVERSE on 4th down with season on the line last week, You think Mario doing that?! cmon..

Just go thru the slides and tell me what game Mario was doing the polecat or a reverse pass, etc. Im not even saying UW is best ever or they gonna win the ship but I watched majority of their games this year because I like seeing what OCs doing, they were one of my "must see" teams this season.. I go to majority of cane games and never did I sit at hard rock while Mario is milking clock and running up middle, playing conservative ball while we are in death match to say UVA and say man we look like UW

Anyways a BIG thing in this game for UW was getting McMillan back, dude was a 1k+ WR last year and number 2 Option with Odunze and Polk being number 3. He missed close to 8 games, people underestimate what he does for that offense and limits how teams can defend Odunze. I think thats why people saw UW offense struggle late in season and didnt realize he was back, they were gonna go back to early season mode.

But it’s this kid it’s all him without him bruh Idk fam. This kid is insane and is being slept on. To me he is the less risky pick out of the qbs in the draft.
My dawg. I don't ever wanna see you doing this again. You couldn't jeep Penix outcha mouth last night. 🤣🤣🤣

I said ****.. this MF gone post Penix all through this thread.

Advertisement
The SEC commissioner was just on game day and hinted that two, 1 loss SEC teams deserve to be in the playoff because the SEC is “not like the other conferences.”

Of course, nobody mentioned the ACC is 6-4 against the SEC this year.
🤔

You guys are hilarious to try to tie what UW does to Mario.. Just because one say they are physical is absolutely not the same as Mario caveman bro FiZiCaL football.. Its like you never watch UW, miss all the intricacies in their play calling which is light years from what we do, you hear physical and start pointing at the tv like "Thats what mario told me! that what mario says!", cmon man.. They just went undefeated 13-0 in year 2 and we 7-5.. They got like 2 losses in 2 years 24-2.. :ibis-roflmao-sm3:

ABSOLUTELY NOBODY said we shouldnt be physical or its a bad thing, most complain about NOT TAKING A KNEE, or throwing trick plays to blocking TE, lmaooo..

Leonardo Di Caprio Look GIF by Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

I saw a clip from a UW game (I think from around two weeks ago) that astonished me. It was late in the game and UW needed to pick up an important first down. They had three different players go into motion and changed the formations each time. The defense had no idea what was going on, and it screwed up their coverage. UW easily picked up the first down. I was delighted to see the play, then a little saddened because I know we would never in a million years see that level of creativity.

This; this hurts me as a West Coast guy. I’ve been to a lot of PAC-12 games, & they provided great entertainment. At the end, it wasn’t just shoddy leadership that led to the collapse, it was also media driven. There’s always been an agenda against West Coast CFB; ****, The Heisman wasn’t until like ‘61, or ‘62, **** near 30 yrs after its inception.

I’ll miss the PAC-10/12, but they were 100% pushed to collapse. Those TV Deals were bush league offers. 2022-23 during negotiations, PAC-12 had 5 teams w/ 10+ wins
Everything should have stayed the same. Eventually schools figure some things out and things work in circles where schools that were kind of dormant wake up. Hopefully we are one of them and when those things happen there is more parity. I don't think the Pac should have folded like it did. Is what it is now though and we will see next year how it all shakes out.

Advertisement
The SEC commissioner was just on game day and hinted that two, 1 loss SEC teams deserve to be in the playoff because the SEC is “not like the other conferences.”

Of course, nobody mentioned the ACC is 6-4 against the SEC this year.
🤔
If GA lose technically no SEC team should make it in.. if FSU or Texas wins today.

But not having a SEC team in the CFP will never happen.

Did someone already make a joke about Dan Lanning losing to the same team twice in 1 season? or we blaming Mario cuz its still a lot of his guys. At least Mario had 2 feet out when he lost to Utah the 2nd time lmao

I saw a clip from a UW game (I think from around two weeks ago) that astonished me. It was late in the game and UW needed to pick up an important first down. They had three different players go into motion and changed the formations each time. The defense had no idea what was going on, and it screwed up their coverage. UW easily picked up the first down. I was delighted to see the play, then a little saddened because I know we would never in a million years see that level of creativity.
Thats all I am trying to say, there is that added element that I guess many fans who maybe dont understand football seem to miss, maybe they dont realize it or they choose to ignore it but that creativity, that cleverness has to be built in, its not a play or concept, its built in to dna of program, Mario is not really about that. He is not trying to be clever, he wants to punch you in mouth and that is cool but its got to work, you got to win. Death struggles with UVA are not it. There are many ways to win, so its not that we have to do it that way, but dont say it takes 5 years to build culture when teams are doing it all over country..

If you have your way to win, make it happen, you want to bludgeon teams running up the middle, lets go dominate.. Struggling with UVA, losses to GT, that stuff is not it, we not competing with what we saw last night.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back