Conference Championship Games this Weekend 12/1-12/2

Let's say UGA loses a tight one to 'Bama (don't think they will); banter is they could be left out. Hard to imagine.

Advertisement
listen, I know you're gonna ***** and moan and mope in every thread about Mario, but I'm not alluding this about Mario, Miami, or anything you think I am. I'm just making a statement that the pac 12 offenses historically have been a mirage and struggled when facing big time opponents

it's KNOWN that defenses in pac 12 suck *** (look at the best statistical offenses in the country / worst defenses)

it's KNOWN that offenses in the big 10 suck *** (look at the best statistical defenses in the country / best offenses)

to not provide context and say we need to be like Washington is just silly. Does Clemson, UGA, Bama, and Ohio State have a similar offense to Washington? because those are the teams that win championships

are you also saying that if we had penix or a qb of that caliber, we couldn't be ACC champs next year? because a qb of that caliber is what we're missing
A few things:
QB: Do I think Miami would fair better on Saturday with a Heisman caliber QB? -- of course. Do I think we had enough talent across the board the last 2 years to compete for the ACC title? - Also yes.

Mario: I give Mario credit when credit is due. Good gets on recruiting: I give him the W. Scott was a whale and likely kept the class together and built tremendous closing momentum. I also commented positively on him personally at CanesFest. Also wins against A&M and Clemson were good wins. What I am not going to do is give him a pass or inflate his legend, but rather hold him to the same standard that we've held Manny, Shannon, Golden and other staffs to...We need to be a better football team - that is Mario's job. "Mopes" are not the only ones saying he is a micromanager, overthinks and needs to adapt -- but his loyalists are finally coming around to that. For all of us... let's hope he progresses and starts winning here.

Notes: You know exactly why I made the comment and what I meant about taking notes about the PAC-12 and the ACC and speaks to the above coaching comment.

I appreciate your response with details - which is why I am giving you a detailed response. I don't care about being called a mope or a troll. I gave coaches too much time for multiple staffs, was wrong and deservingly got killed for it, but not this time - I adapted how I paid attention - Then, although I would have preferred a real coaching search and a coach that has coached offense or at least one side of the ball, I jumped all in on Mario ahead of last season with all the potential and goodwill. He imploded that to a good bunch of us through multiple parts of mismanaging a football team and football game. I am not firing him after year two, although GT + and the fog it caused, it may be warranted. I am not firing Coach L and kicking all the players off the basketball team after Kentucky or the first half against Notre Dame due to the blowout and the slow start. I am not firing JD before he coaches a game or crying in the first inning of every baseball game the last 15 years. Do I think Rad blew that hiring opportunity? I absolutely do. He had the chance to make a great hire and ended up with a long time assistant from what some would call failing staffs.

I am all in on Miami winning, but also done giving passes for ineptness or blindly backing coaches. Miami has proven time and time again that is a foolish endeavor.

The playing calling from Texas is just impressive to see

Sark making it easy for Ewers

Such a different standard for pass interference being used by the refs for Texas vs OSU.

Advertisement
OK ST is a QB away from being a playoff contender.

They should be hitting the Portal heavy for someone at that spot.

They don’t have a roster full of 5-stars & rarely ever even finish in the top 30 in recruiting, but are always highly competitive & can play with best of the Big XII.

There isn’t a Coach who does more with less than Mike Gundy.

Committee going to have a PROBLEM if Florida State wins tonight. They've never left an undefeated ACC team out of it, and even when those Clemson teams were in doubt, they end up being in with gusto.

also, Alan Bowman looks like he has the same NCAA14 face model as Tyler Van Dyke.

Advertisement
OK ST is a QB away from being a playoff contender.

They should be hitting the Portal heavy for someone at that spot.

They don’t have a roster full of 5-stars & rarely ever even finish in the top 30 in recruiting, but are always highly competitive & can play with best of the Big XII.

There isn’t a Coach who does more with less than Mike Gundy.
Why can't he recruit?

Advertisement
Texas trying to pull a 2014 Ohio State and make a statement

UGA
Michigan
Washington

and FSU or Texas

if FSU doesn't get picked they are gonna be 100x worse than 2017 UCF fans and they'll self claim a title 100%

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back