Complete Failure

Advertisement
The defense is limited bc of lack of developed talent and lack of talent gaps but the offense was suppose to carry the team behind what “use to be” an elite QB and better RB and offensive line play.

So the answer to most of our issues is to FIRE GATTIS RIGHT FCKN NOW!!..

@JHallCanes

Agreed that Mallory will never learn how to be a better blocker than we've seen. His body also seems to have deteriorated a lot. Posted last night that he's running like an old man for w/ever the reason may be. Knowing we have Arroyo and Skinner on the roster, It's mind boggling to keep 85 in there as much as we do.
At this point he'd be doing everyone a favour if he just medically retired.

His body is a wreck, he moves like he needs a hip replacement.

I thought the entire team looked very unprepared for the opponent. What did they do all week in practice? With the amount of staff we have, that is bizarre and ridiculous. Can’t happen.

TVD is really struggling. He’s not playing well. I doubt it’s solely his fault (I’m sure it’s not) but I expect Garcia to be QB1 against UNC. In limited time while having worked as the backup all year, he moved the team much better than Tyler. Confidence can be a fleeting thing and I don’t think you can keep putting a guy out there who has clearly lost confidence. I thought the decision to pull the plug came too late yesterday, honestly, although I understand the hesitancy to make such a big move like that.

Advertisement
At this point he'd be doing everyone a favour if he just medically retired.

His body is a wreck, he moves like he needs a hip replacement.

Which I hate for him b/c I've always been a fan of his. When he first arrived on campus, he wasn't physically developed enough but showed nice hands catching the ball. Then the drops reared it's ugly head but he showed resiliency and bounced back to old form. Through all that, blocking has never been a positive for him it seems. And now his body appears to have betrayed him.

If this program were publicly trading, I’d be buying today a decent share of my desired/eventual position. It might get worse before it gets better, but I have full faith in those in charge. It will get better.

E6E5E748-1BCF-4E31-A71C-20D30EA2F1EC.jpeg

Advertisement
Lol ***** Fuhrman. Media loves to pile up when things are down. These guys will all pretend to be Mario’s friend if we turn things around. I remember people clowning Dabo his first few years at Clemson, and absolutely slurping once he started turning them around.

Mario has a track record of snuffing QBs... this ain't his first rodeo

Advertisement
I think we can finally make this post and not have people claiming it's Gattis, or TVD, or the "horrible" WRs in isolation. On defense, it's not Flagg, or Ivey, or lack of edge rusher, et al.

IT'S EVERYTHING.

We average 4.8 yards/play on offense. That's 98th in the country. We averaged 4.1 yards/play yesterday. I've been hammering at this since Southern Miss, and we haven't even gotten into ACC play.

We allow 5.9 yards/play on defense. That's 89th in the country. BTW, MTSU averaged 8.3 yards/play against us yesterday while averaging 4.8 yards/play for their season (including our game). I warned that last week's performance may not be a good indicator, as that TAMU offense was severely limited.

Complete and total failure of preparation, in-game strategy, player mindset, player execution, and an embarrassment to the "investment" the University made in the program and that we lunatic fans have made for nearly two decades.

The next time someone from the program takes a microphone should be an immediate admission that we're at a new bottom and plan to move on to the other 11 steps of the recovery

this bunch is not coachable to the level any coach coming in envisions. this is a 2 to 3 year process for the type results we are looking for. This beat down was beyond embarrassing and the players didn’t mind it. I think this bunch is severely soft spoiled and they don’t like discipline. They like bling, dancing and camera mugging. No matter who the coach is or the scheme or the game plan it’s still just football. Running passing tackling etc. they were done at 10 zip. I never saw a cane team get this beat down by a 25 point under dog and not put up a fight. Mario may be the long term answer but this bunch doesn’t like the culture he brought with him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not still positive that the offensive philosophy that we are seeing is Mario‘s philosophy. Mario is not an offensive coordinator. We all assume that his preferred style is physical football and winning on the line. But I would assume since he is not an offensive coordinator that he entrusts and delegates to the offensive coordinator to permit the oc to run what he wants to run. Let’s assume for the moment that Mario is in the same position that Manny was in after year one. He realizes he made a mistake at offensive coordinator. Is he stubborn enough To hire someone with a similar background or does he find someone with a more spread type offense? I don’t know.

Advertisement
The sheer number of mistakes and poor tackling by #8 on defense should put him on the bench permanently.
He has cost us yards and points in games past. There is absolutely no indication that he is improving despite multiple opportunities.

Ivey should never play another down for the Canes.

Just this man's opinion.
Uh, who, exactly, would replace him?

Mallory will never learn how to block

For all of the negative talk about him, somehow Lashlee figured out a way to get him a bunch of long TDs last year on basically one simple god**** play

He even had one of the biggest TDs of the season called back against VT (think that was the game)

Turning him into a between the hashes, blocking, RAC TE in traffic is absolutely ******* stupid

Watching how guys like TVD and Mallory are being asked to play in this offense is tragic

Uh, who, exactly, would replace him?
Certainly not saying I am smarter than the Coaches. However, I would take anyone at this point. If you make the effort to do your very best I am on board with giving you a shot.
Ivey is a known quantity.
Line up Myles Mooyoung and turn him loose.

Watching Ivey get burned repeatedly and missing tackles is taking years off my life.

this bunch is not coachable to the level any coach coming in envisions. this is a 2 to 3 year process for the type results we are looking for. This beat down was beyond embarrassing and the players didn’t mind it. I think this bunch is severely soft spoiled and they don’t like discipline. They like bling, dancing and camera mugging. No matter who the coach is or the scheme or the game plan it’s still just football. Running passing tackling etc. they were done at 10 zip. I never saw a cane team get this beat down by a 25 point under dog and not put up a fight. Mario may be the long term answer but this bunch doesn’t like the culture he brought with him.
I don't disagree there are significant personnel problems. The basis of this thread is that I believe something like yesterday doesn't happen without the problems extending beyond those personnel problems.

Cristobal comments.png

"Real men" make plain admissions (step 1); then take action (make changes). Let's see.

70% of their offensive production came on 4 plays. I don't know why Steele didn't just put safeties 20 yards down field. That was one of the biggest wtfs from yesterday.

Advertisement
Back