Complete Failure

Advertisement
He’s a very niche football player. Seeing how he was used by Lashlee when we were doing well down the stretch and then seeing him being used now is really one of the biggest indictments to Gattis other than TVD

But yeah I’m totally with you. It’s hard to watch
Don’t you want to get Mallory the ball when he is already running vertical? We only hit him when he is dragging across the field, and complain when he doesn’t have the speed to turn the corner. Send the guy up the seam one time, for Christ sake.

He was there when he brought in kiffin. If he didn’t learn at Oregon he will never know that his offensive philosophy doesn’t work anymore

You’re right. He was there for the transition at bama under kiffin.

If he hasn’t learned how from saban/kiffin and morehead, he’ll never learn.

I don't disagree there are significant personnel problems. The basis of this thread is that I believe something like yesterday doesn't happen without the problems extending beyond those personnel problems.

View attachment 209560

"Real men" make plain admissions (step 1); then take action (make changes). Let's see.
Yes exactly. I respect Mario he’ll man up. I don’t think he thought the program was really this bad.

He was there when he brought in kiffin. If he didn’t learn at Oregon he will never know that his offensive philosophy doesn’t work anymore
He was definitely there bc I remember talking to him when I took some kids to Sabans camp. That was the year Jeudy was going into his high school sophomore year and they had him with the Juniors and Seniors and he was being shown much love by the staff including Kiffin.

Advertisement
I think we can finally make this post and not have people claiming it's Gattis, or TVD, or the "horrible" WRs in isolation. On defense, it's not Flagg, or Ivey, or lack of edge rusher, et al.

IT'S EVERYTHING.

We average 4.8 yards/play on offense. That's 98th in the country. We averaged 4.1 yards/play yesterday. I've been hammering at this since Southern Miss, and we haven't even gotten into ACC play.

We allow 5.9 yards/play on defense. That's 89th in the country. BTW, MTSU averaged 8.3 yards/play against us yesterday while averaging 4.8 yards/play for their season (including our game). I warned that last week's performance may not be a good indicator, as that TAMU offense was severely limited.

Complete and total failure of preparation, in-game strategy, player mindset, player execution, and an embarrassment to the "investment" the University made in the program and that we lunatic fans have made for nearly two decades.

The next time someone from the program takes a microphone should be an immediate admission that we're at a new bottom and plan to move on to the other 11 steps of the recovery.

Gonna call you Carl Williams -- because that's 'the Truth'

Worst part of it all is that the team looks so poorly prepared. All facets. Some of it showed in each of the three games. Came crashing home yesterday. Hey, but at least our punters are good.

BTW on the Stevenson ball, he did not get beat. He and Couch did not communicate with a WR lined up in what I will call the half space. Neither covered him and it was a simple pitch and catch. Worse IMO than just getting beat.

Advertisement
BTW on the Stevenson ball, he did not get beat. He and Couch did not communicate with a WR lined up in what I will call the half space. Neither covered him and it was a simple pitch and catch. Worse IMO than just getting beat.
Play was coming toward me in the endzone view. Stevenson and Couch were chatting about it immediately afterward. And, my follow-up post wasn't to say he got beaten. It's to say MTSU saw it on field from prior in the year and they attacked it. In other words, they attacked all the sensical things to do against our defense. Their most impressive attack was on Jaden Harris. He had *just* stepped on the field because Couch had gotten dinged on the punt coverage.

He deleted it before I saw it and I did give people the ability to do that to avoid a problem. That said he’s taking a break for now. It wouldn’t hurt others to self-ban for a few days or a week.

This loss is indefensible and the anger at all involved on the UM side is understandable. People just need to keep it to the merits of it.

Yes exactly. I respect Mario he’ll man up. I don’t think he thought the program was really this bad.
Cristobal may have known and that's why he wanted 80 mill over 10 years. He knew this is a total gut and redo. That project takes some serious time and commitment to all involved.

Advertisement
A lot of great coaches have bad first year losses and first seasons. Jimmy Johnson, Saban, Stoops, etc etc. The alarming things I see are Mario’s poor game day skills, the fact that he is not a guru/expert on either side of the ball, and his offensive philosophy is extremely poor and will fail at Miami…. Can he succeed? Sure, but he has some BIG moves and changes he will have to make. He talks a good game, but between lines on gameday he seems to lack decisiveness and certainty….I think it’s because he is highly dependent on coordinators.

A lot of things are being exposed in these first few weeks.

All good. I took his comment to mean I'm stating the obvious. But, unfortunately for that argument, there are about 75 threads over the last weeks (****, even after yesterday) blaming specific people or units.

As noted, every indicator PRIOR to this game showed otherwise. Now, after this game, I think we can fairly say it's a complete failure and the stats are there for support.
You wrote my eventual thread for me.

Auburn football reporter: ‘Don’t talk to me about Kevin Steele’

In short it says Steele tried to wreck the program so he could be head coach
Allowing his guys to give up four 69+ yard pass plays in one game tells me he’s got the wrecking the program part down. Not sure why that would make anyone want him as a head coach, though.

Advertisement
So with the stats you provided and considering we have NC next ...Then considering NC already set a conference record against us for rushing yards allowed in a game.... Do they now set a conference record for passing yards allowed in a game??? I mean seriously can we stop them from a massive air assault???

I don’t understand why our players aren’t excited to play in an empty stadium a 45 minute drive from campus.
Yes, it is the fans and stadiums fault our QB stares down receivers, receivers run sloppy routes, and our offensive li e cannot handle a multi front blitz.
Shame on us…..

So with the stats you provided and considering we have NC next ...Then considering NC already set a conference record against us for rushing yards allowed in a game.... Do they now set a conference record for passing yards allowed in a game??? I mean seriously can we stop them from a massive air assault???
I presume we'll play more zone. Ha.

Told ya. And it's going to get much much worse because the bump we will get from Garcia injecting a little energy won't last all season. Horrible and boring offense is a recruiting killer.

Yep, a number of folks have been saying this. I bet if Mario had the opposite reputation and was known for high octane offense he would not have lost that WR to FSU this week. Negative recruiting will be HUGE against Mario if he doesn’t have a come to Jesus moment. The quotes by that Oregon WR are really bad as well, basically calling him out for a run first and often offense that WR’s don’t want to play in

Advertisement
Back