Complete Failure

Getting beat in the trenches is on the players. You shouldn't need some inspirational speech to want to be physical against another guy trying to push your **** in. I get that everything starts at the top but that's a bull **** reason for not having player accountability.
The OL got mauled because they were outnumbered. MTSU stacked the box with 7 - 8 players because they had no respect for our passing game, and then we act surprised when we can’t convert on 3rd/4th and short. That’s on the coaches.

Advertisement
Mario called a BS timeout in the first half and wasted one because the offense couldn't get the play off. At the end of the first half we surely needed the TO because we mismanaged the TO's and we only had 2 instead of three. Now we are getting our asses kicked and we have 9 seconds to go. Maybe a quick out then a Hail Mary. Maybe its a miracle play or a penalty but no Mario lets the clock run out. This guy plays to LOSE and his clock management is worse than Randy, Richt, Manny, and Golden all put together. We paid 8 millions dollars for this? My goodness Mario has to look at himself in the mirror because this loss is ON HIM. This team was flat, out coached, ill prepared, and he should have pulled TVD end the of the first quarter. I have been a season ticket holder for 35 years and this loss takes the cake. This loss was the worst because we were heavily favored and we played a decent game last week. For all your MARIO lovers he is a great recruiter, organizer, and speaker. HE ABSOLUTELY IS THE BOTTOM OF THE BARREL AS FAR AS A DAY GAME COACH.
C'mon, man.

OP has just told you that we're like 100th in the country in yards per play. Our QB has turned the ball over twice already and we're sat deep in our own half. Even Bill Belichick is looking to get to half time there without any more damage being done.

One thing every single coRch we’ve had since Butch left have in common:

They think their way is the only way despite the mountain of evidence to the contrary
And he learned from Saban who realized he needs to have a dynamic offense to go along with his defense.

What's funny is, I was on the MTSU boards and searching twitter in preparation of this week. Coach Stockstill just got a contract extension, and people were saying they were done following the program. Apparently this guy is the ultimate corch.

Took Mario out behind the woodshed.

He's something like 3-4 games above .500 during his 17 years there. I've wanted him as an OC in the past b/c at one time he was running some innovative stuff. But never as the HC.

Advertisement
Hang on, let me check with the sideline down 14 in the third quarter against mtsu's base defense. Completely outmanned in the box? **** it, run it anyway, and run it to Mallory's side cause he blocks great!!
The fact that MTSU didn't have to move out of their base defence tells you everything about the talent we're running out there at WR (and QB) btw.

They literally said "Yeah, our LBs can cover your Slot WR" - and they were right. MTSU. That wasn't Isaiah Simmons playing LB for them.

This roster is a ******* joke.

There are a large number of players that need to sit and never see the field...even when they go on a streak and win games this season IT WILL MEAN NOTHING!!!
Agreed.

Ivey: nothing more needs to be said.
Scaife and Blades have repeatedly failed when given opportunities.
Mallory needs to learn to block or have a seat.
Olewaseun looked like Ricky Perry or Zev Lumelski out there yesterday.

Far from a complete list however these are the ones that immediately come to mind.

Too many players who have proven they are sub-par and perform half-assed are still on that field. Is it better to lose because of a lack of experience or a lack of effort?

I haven't grown attached to a Miami player for a while - we've just pumped out mediocre players for years.

That said there's a few in the last few years that I actively dislike - with a few of them still on the current roster. They keep on getting significant playing time despite clearly not being P5 standard. It's painful to watch.

I wont ask you to elaborate, im fairly certain who these bums are

Advertisement
Agreed.

Far from a complete list however these are the ones that immediately come to mind.

Too many players who have proven they are sub-par and perform half-assed are still on that field. Is it better to lose because of a lack of experience or a lack of effort?

It would be more acceptable at this point to have young men who want to do things right but come up short due to a lack of experience. Lack of effort is unacceptable. I felt really bad for coach Mario at that press conference yesterday.

Agreed.

Ivey: nothing more needs to be said.

Mallory will never learn how to block

For all of the negative talk about him, somehow Lashlee figured out a way to get him a bunch of long TDs last year on basically one simple god**** play

He even had one of the biggest TDs of the season called back against VT (think that was the game)

Turning him into a between the hashes, blocking, RAC TE in traffic is absolutely ******* stupid

Watching how guys like TVD and Mallory are being asked to play in this offense is tragic

@LuCane

As bizarre as it sounds, Im a bit more heartened by the fact that it was a complete and total collapse and not just a single (or a couple) position group(s) that failed. To me, its easier to mentally flush this game away than if we had barely lost. This IS college football. Sometimes you have an event like this. The potential upside is that it often creates the type of change needed to move forward, whereas a minor loss might not.

In this application, I see a scenario where Jake Garcia can become the leader of this offense. That might be what's needed right now, given all of the injuries on the offensive side of the ball. Not only was Garcia throwing better looking balls but he seemed to have a better overall command of the offense as well.

The longtime Canes message board folks (like myself) have always believed there is a correlation between the team's mindset and the mindset of the online fanbase. What was interesting to me was the fact that there were no threads talking about MTSU last week. It was all about the TAMU game, TVD's off the cuff comment about stadium environments, etc... Could it be that the team overlooked this game to the same extent as the fanbase did? Hmmm???

The fact that MTSU didn't have to move out of their base defence tells you everything about the talent we're running out there at WR (and QB) btw.

They literally said "Yeah, our LBs can cover your Slot WR" - and they were right. MTSU. That wasn't Isaiah Simmons playing LB for them.

This roster is a ******* joke.
I can’t believe you guys never learn.

We magically recruit the worst 4* on the planet every year. Crazy how that works, huh.

MTSU had more talent bro. WF has more talent bro. Kansas has more talent bro.

Advertisement
@JHallCanes

Agreed that Mallory will never learn how to be a better blocker than we've seen. His body also seems to have deteriorated a lot. Posted last night that he's running like an old man for w/ever the reason may be. Knowing we have Arroyo and Skinner on the roster, It's mind boggling to keep 85 in there as much as we do.

@JHallCanes

Agreed that Mallory will never learn how to be a better blocker than we've seen. His body also seems to have deteriorated a lot. Posted last night that he's running like an old man for w/ever the reason may be. Knowing we have Arroyo and Skinner on the roster, It's mind boggling to keep 85 in there as much as we do.
He’s a very niche football player. Seeing how he was used by Lashlee when we were doing well down the stretch and then seeing him being used now is really one of the biggest indictments to Gattis other than TVD

But yeah I’m totally with you. It’s hard to watch

Advertisement
He’s a very niche football player. Seeing how he was used by Lashlee when we were doing well down the stretch and then seeing him being used now is really one of the biggest indictments to Gattis other than TVD

But yeah I’m totally with you. It’s hard to watch
Mallory is like Gesicki. You keep him inside and you're only setting yourself up for disappointment. He's a flex TE who's proven himself unreliable as a blocker. He should be running seams, wheel routes, etc to challenge LBs/Safties and put in motion to dictate coverage.

Yep. Saban took a few punches to the mouth and knew he had to change

I will say Manny was open to changes. He was just in wayyyy too far over his head
Located in south Florida with play makers growing on trees and we either make the wrong eval or don’t get them. Then we want to run a prehistoric offense. There are power versions of the spread, give me someone from that coaching tree.

Advertisement
Back