Complete Failure

Very valid points here and yes, this IS coaching—finding team's weaknesses and exploiting the. MTSU didn't need any *motivation* to play Miami—they had all of that and then some—but they also had a coaching staff that knew the weaknesses and brilliantly exploited them.
What's funny is, I was on the MTSU boards and searching twitter in preparation of this week. Coach Stockstill just got a contract extension, and people were saying they were done following the program. Apparently this guy is the ultimate corch.

Took Mario out behind the woodshed.

Advertisement
Mario called a BS timeout in the first half and wasted one because the offense couldn't get the play off. At the end of the first half we surely needed the TO because we mismanaged the TO's and we only had 2 instead of three. Now we are getting our asses kicked and we have 9 seconds to go. Maybe a quick out then a Hail Mary. Maybe its a miracle play or a penalty but no Mario lets the clock run out. This guy plays to LOSE and his clock management is worse than Randy, Richt, Manny, and Golden all put together. We paid 8 millions dollars for this? My goodness Mario has to look at himself in the mirror because this loss is ON HIM. This team was flat, out coached, ill prepared, and he should have pulled TVD end the of the first quarter. I have been a season ticket holder for 35 years and this loss takes the cake. This loss was the worst because we were heavily favored and we played a decent game last week. For all your MARIO lovers he is a great recruiter, organizer, and speaker. HE ABSOLUTELY IS THE BOTTOM OF THE BARREL AS FAR AS A DAY GAME COACH.
Terrible example. He was forced to burn a timeout 1H because TVD was being an idiot changing the play with 5 seconds on the play clock. We should have gotten a delay of game, and in the moment we needed to avoid more self-inflicting mistakes.

Porst less.

What's funny is, I was on the MTSU boards and searching twitter in preparation of this week. Coach Stockstill just got a contract extension, and people were saying they were done following the program. Apparently this guy is the ultimate corch.

Took Mario out behind the woodshed.
He hasn’t finished with more than 8 wins in 13 years and has had a losing record over his last 4 seasons. But Mario needs his guys to beat them

I can see how this is a HC problem...it looked like Mario was in pads wearing #8, #2 and #5.
The sheer number of mistakes and poor tackling by #8 on defense should put him on the bench permanently.
He has cost us yards and points in games past. There is absolutely no indication that he is improving despite multiple opportunities.

Ivey should never play another down for the Canes.

Just this man's opinion.

Advertisement
It's a GREAT EXAMPLE because we needed that TO and could have had 45 seconds instead of 9.
You’re speaking after the matter. Here’s the scenario.

We were down 10-0 after turning the ball over three times on our first three possessions. Kam had the huge pick to try and get some momentum back, and we had 2nd and 5 inside MTSU’s 25 yd line. We’re about to have a delay of game penalty because our QB is changing the play with 5 seconds on the play clock. In order to avoid a delay of game, Mario has to burn a timeout. How is that his fault?

9 seconds lol. Our fans.

It doesn't fall "completely on the man sitting at the top of this team" when this program has been an embarrassment, disaster and failure for the past 15 years.

Entering this season, Miami was 118-85 since the 2005 Peach Bowl—which averages out to 7-5 a year.

While there is no excuse to ever lose to a Middle Tennessee State, this program, has been an abortion since long before Mario Cristobal showed up in Coral Gables to try and fix the problem.

Putting it all on him four games in is laughable and just the kind of knee-jerk response that this fan base is quick to throw out.
Spoken like someone that’s never been in charge of anything in your life

If we got boat raced by Clemson then you’re right

We got boat raced by ******* MTSU

Not a god**** thing about the last 15 years matters when it comes to that

So there’s no need to try to explain this to a subordinate

Obviously you and I differ but you are dead wrong. Did you every see anyone score a TD in 9 seconds? Yeah, only about 500 times in my lifetime. So he wasted an opportunity. My points are not only did he waste the opportunity but calling a TO should never ever happen because there is no time left on the clock. Yeah it's on TVD, GATTIS, and MARIO's fault. If you can't decipher that then too bad you're not that knowledgeable.

Was waiting for Lu to weigh in, and he delivered exactly what I expected.

We are all baffled, hard to even analyze a debacle like this.

Advertisement
stop this **** defending the miami cuban guy. ive now realized cubans coach football as well as they run miami dade county government

494D2040-94F8-486C-8D61-04BC13B903E2.jpeg

A sobering reality

This falls completely on the man sitting at the top of this team

It’s a complete failure underneath him in every single aspect
Sure does, it’s 2022 and he wants a 1980s offense. We have limitations and instead of spreading teams out and looking for a schematic advantage we do the exact opposite and expect these guys to execute in out manned situations.

Advertisement
That’s what happens when you continue to make bad HC hires. Had to keep it in the “family” though. He played here bro. Dale!

This time though we actually were willing to spend and wasted it on Mario. Beyond disappointing
We may not like it but learn to love it we stuck with whatever this mess is

Getting beat in the trenches is on the players. You shouldn't need some inspirational speech to want to be physical against another guy trying to push your **** in. I get that everything starts at the top but that's a bull **** reason for not having player accountability.

Advertisement
The sheer number of mistakes and poor tackling by #8 on defense should put him on the bench permanently.
He has cost us yards and points in games past. There is absolutely no indication that he is improving despite multiple opportunities.

Ivey should never play another down for the Canes.

Just this man's opinion.

There are a large number of players that need to sit and never see the field...even when they go on a streak and win games this season IT WILL MEAN NOTHING!!!

It's not Mario's fault directly, but he's responsible for everything that happens.

MTSU put up a whopping 119 total yards against James Madison. Their QB was 18/32 for just over 100 yards. We have some significant speed concerns at CB, no doubt. There's no [talent-based] reason for the complete breakdown, though. Give credit to MTSU who found every single weakness, attacked it, and executed.

They saw Stevenson get bombed on vertically earlier in the year. They've seen Ivey get beaten on verticals. They saw Jaden Harris step on the field momentarily and *immediately* bombed him in the slot. Their awareness level was about 100x what our level seemed to be, and they happened to hit on all those plays.
I mean you've just casually mentioned 3 of our CBs. We only have 7 on scholarship (I think). The problem is you can throw verticals against all of them (which was their entire offensive output btw).

Steele was at fault for not providing them with Safety cover as they can't even run with MTSU's WRs. That's a serious issue that's going to take years to get fixed.

There are a large number of players that need to sit and never see the field...even when they go on a streak and win games this season IT WILL MEAN NOTHING!!!
I haven't grown attached to a Miami player for a while - we've just pumped out mediocre players for years.

That said there's a few in the last few years that I actively dislike - with a few of them still on the current roster. They keep on getting significant playing time despite clearly not being P5 standard. It's painful to watch.

It's not Mario's fault directly, but he's responsible for everything that happens.

MTSU put up a whopping 119 total yards against James Madison. Their QB was 18/32 for just over 100 yards. We have some significant speed concerns at CB, no doubt. There's no [talent-based] reason for the complete breakdown, though. Give credit to MTSU who found every single weakness, attacked it, and executed.

They saw Stevenson get bombed on vertically earlier in the year. They've seen Ivey get beaten on verticals. They saw Jaden Harris step on the field momentarily and *immediately* bombed him in the slot. Their awareness level was about 100x what our level seemed to be, and they happened to hit on all those plays.

Not only that, Lu. But their small WR, England-Chisolm, had all of 3 receptions for 15 yards for the season before yesterday.

Advertisement
Back