Complete Failure

Advertisement
I can see how this is a HC problem...it looked like Mario was in pads wearing #8, #2 and #5.
It's not Mario's fault directly, but he's responsible for everything that happens.

MTSU put up a whopping 119 total yards against James Madison. Their QB was 18/32 for just over 100 yards. We have some significant speed concerns at CB, no doubt. There's no [talent-based] reason for the complete breakdown, though. Give credit to MTSU who found every single weakness, attacked it, and executed.

They saw Stevenson get bombed on vertically earlier in the year (as noted later in the thread, this isn't reference to the miscommunication between #23 and #2; just the vertical attempt). They've seen Ivey get beaten on verticals. They saw Jaden Harris step on the field momentarily and *immediately* bombed him in the slot. Their awareness level was about 100x what our level seemed to be, and they happened to hit on all those plays.

A sobering reality

This falls completely on the man sitting at the top of this team

It’s a complete failure underneath him in every single aspect

It doesn't fall "completely on the man sitting at the top of this team" when this program has been an embarrassment, disaster and failure for the past 15 years.

Entering this season, Miami was 118-85 since the 2005 Peach Bowl—which averages out to 7-5 a year.

While there is no excuse to ever lose to a Middle Tennessee State, this program, has been an abortion since long before Mario Cristobal showed up in Coral Gables to try and fix the problem.

Putting it all on him four games in is laughable and just the kind of knee-jerk response that this fan base is quick to throw out.

Advertisement
They saw Stevenson get bombed on vertically earlier in the year. They've seen Ivey get beaten on verticals. They saw Jaden Harris step on the field momentarily and *immediately* bombed him in the slot. Their awareness level was about 100x what our level seemed to be, and they happened to hit on all those plays.

Very valid points here and yes, this IS coaching—finding team's weaknesses and exploiting the. MTSU didn't need any *motivation* to play Miami—they had all of that and then some—but they also had a coaching staff that knew the weaknesses and brilliantly exploited them.

I think we can finally make this post and not have people claiming it's Gattis, or TVD, or the "horrible" WRs in isolation. On defense, it's not Flagg, or Ivey, or lack of edge rusher, et al.

IT'S EVERYTHING.

We average 4.8 yards/play on offense. That's 98th in the country. We averaged 4.1 yards/play yesterday. I've been hammering at this since Southern Miss, and we haven't even gotten into ACC play.

We allow 5.9 yards/play on defense. That's 89th in the country. BTW, MTSU averaged 8.3 yards/play against us yesterday while averaging 4.8 yards/play for their season (including our game). I warned that last week's performance may not be a good indicator, as that TAMU offense was severely limited.

Complete and total failure of preparation, in-game strategy, player mindset, player execution, and an embarrassment to the "investment" the University made in the program and that we lunatic fans have made for nearly two decades.

The next time someone from the program takes a microphone should be an immediate admission that we're at a new bottom and plan to move on to the other 11 steps of the recovery.

“2022 Miami Hurricane Football - Hitting new bottoms one game at a time. Catch it!!”

It's not Mario's fault directly, but he's responsible for everything that happens.

MTSU put up a whopping 119 total yards against James Madison. Their QB was 18/32 for just over 100 yards. We have some significant speed concerns at CB, no doubt. There's no [talent-based] reason for the complete breakdown, though. Give credit to MTSU who found every single weakness, attacked it, and executed.

They saw Stevenson get bombed on vertically earlier in the year. They've seen Ivey get beaten on verticals. They saw Jaden Harris step on the field momentarily and *immediately* bombed him in the slot. Their awareness level was about 100x what our level seemed to be, and they happened to hit on all those plays.

Meanwhile Texas A&M played with shell DBs and we bombed ourselves on offense in that game..

What a ******* mess!

Advertisement
If you're referring to @LuCane ...someone who's forgot more about UM FB than you'll ever know....believe that.
All good. I took his comment to mean I'm stating the obvious. But, unfortunately for that argument, there are about 75 threads over the last weeks (****, even after yesterday) blaming specific people or units.

As noted, every indicator PRIOR to this game showed otherwise. Now, after this game, I think we can fairly say it's a complete failure and the stats are there for support.

I have less hope today than I can remember. I painfully rewatched the game and I 100% envisioned the “just need to execute” tropes that Mario is running through right now. Nine guys in the box within 5 yards? Hat on a hat guys!! Win your one on ones! Two men routes with max protect where we have free runners? Win those routes! Make your blocks!

We. Are. ****ed

Very valid points here and yes, this IS coaching—finding team's weaknesses and exploiting the. MTSU didn't need any *motivation* to play Miami—they had all of that and then some—but they also had a coaching staff that knew the weaknesses and brilliantly exploited them.
I just want some evidence of our staff - it's a very expensive staff now - identifying a weakness and wrecking it. We've been on the other side of that for way too long. None of that is to say we don't have OBVIOUS talent deficiencies. But, come on. Yesterday isn't only about talent. Clearly.

Advertisement

Again Mario has hired so called professionals that are supposed to make the right calls based off of what Mario wants as an identity, its the position coaches call.

A0874DC1-C437-498F-9FAD-EC24DC709593.jpeg

Auburn football reporter: ‘Don’t talk to me about Kevin Steele’

In short it says Steele tried to wreck the program so he could be head coach

Advertisement

and some folks are discounting this by saying we are still 0-0 in ACC play. Every team left on the schedule can do what these team did with even better athletes and coaching

Mario called a BS timeout in the first half and wasted one because the offense couldn't get the play off. At the end of the first half we surely needed the TO because we mismanaged the TO's and we only had 2 instead of three. Now we are getting our asses kicked and we have 9 seconds to go. Maybe a quick out then a Hail Mary. Maybe its a miracle play or a penalty but no Mario lets the clock run out. This guy plays to LOSE and his clock management is worse than Randy, Richt, Manny, and Golden all put together. We paid 8 millions dollars for this? My goodness Mario has to look at himself in the mirror because this loss is ON HIM. This team was flat, out coached, ill prepared, and he should have pulled TVD end the of the first quarter. I have been a season ticket holder for 35 years and this loss takes the cake. This loss was the worst because we were heavily favored and we played a decent game last week. For all your MARIO lovers he is a great recruiter, organizer, and speaker. HE ABSOLUTELY IS THE BOTTOM OF THE BARREL AS FAR AS A DAY GAME COACH.

This is the only correct answer. Everyone should be blamed and it's everyone's fault. Everything looks bad .
correct. I put the most blame on the guy who hired everyone and who decides who plays. thats on the HC. its his staff out there. hes the one deciding to ***** out in key game time decisions. its his offensive philosophy thats being executed. yesterday was an HC failure just like FIU was an HC failure for Manny

Advertisement
Back