Coach No D

You guys are gonna be waiting forever. This defense is D no and Golden's philosophy. Yes he will blitz, or bring pressure but he rather sit back and wait. Almost 3 years and we have seen it pretty much every game. It does force the other team to drive the length of the field, but it does allow them to control the clock. I think it is the best way to play FSU. Dont underestimate their personel. They can attack us with every position on offense.

Advertisement
Man of course he is not giving out the plan vs fsu but the guy does the same thing every week for the last year and a half. Everybody has played that soft zone vs fsu and winston has picked them apart. Ncstate played the same **** and got 28 scored on them in the 1st quarter.

Man of course he is not giving out the plan vs fsu but the guy does the same thing every week for the last year and a half. Everybody has played that soft zone vs fsu and winston has picked them apart. Ncstate played the same **** and got 28 scored on them in the 1st quarter.

You didn't watch that NC State game. They played alot of man in that first quarter and paid for it.

I think we do bring more pressure when Kacy Rogers is in the game. Truth be told... having that dude healthy for this game is paramount..

JC

Advertisement
Maybe the coordinator who is struggling actually will... Hint: It's not Coach D.

It isn't Coley either. 5 out 7 games his team has gone over 500 yards total offense. Wake and Florida were the only teams that held us below that number. If we get some early stops and more possessions we probably get close to 450 against Wake. You want to say he struggled against Wake? Fine. How in **** could you say we struggled against UNC or anyone else not named Florida? Stephen Morris threw two INTs inside the 25 yard line and our kicker missed a field goal. 4 TOs overall. If our QB throws the ball to the right team it isn't even a game.

You didn't watch that NC State game. They played alot of man in that first quarter and paid for it.

They ran majority quarter coverage, with huge cushions. Everyone they've played has has their db's ten yards off, man or zone.Offenses love that, any great offense hates timing being thrown off by press. Then you have two safeties over the top to help, also gives DL more time to get pressure.

Gunter is 6'2 200 why not let him use his length and get physical with benjamin or let let tracy get physical with greene. Ncstate played man but also a lot of zone and got killed. I think the d has improved but he doesn't seem to believe in changing up **** until the d gets torched in the 1st half.

blah blah blah...Dorito, Dorito, Potato

Wake Forest scored 3 Touchdowns

As I said before:

TD #2
- 3rd and 9 - qb forced out of pocket - Burns and Jenkins misplayed the ball for a 50+ yard gain
- 3rd and long - missed tackle to set up 4th and 1
- 4th and 1 - Bush, Why you no cover Campanero?

TD #3
- Missed tackle, slow Highsmith = long td

I've said it twice, so it must be so.

Players need to execute what Coach D calls, their inability to do so lead to 2 of 3 scores on Saturday.

Play calls are not perfect, but execution, and sometimes skill and/or strength are also contributors, along with poor offense (turnovers/3 & outs) to our defense giving up points.

I think the team will be ready for FSU, doing what they are ready to do is another question.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Gunter is 6'2 200 why not let him use his length and get physical with benjamin or let let tracy get physical with greene. Ncstate played man but also a lot of zone and got killed. I think the d has improved but he doesn't seem to believe in changing up **** until the d gets torched in the 1st half.

If we do this, we'd better also have someone over the top on each side. Greene and Benjamin will destroy press/man, not to mention O'Leary. The only good thing about that is they'll score early and often, which will give our offense more possessions. Brilliant.

This getting torched thing is a little out of hand. The last 4 TDs scored in the first half were Ebron breaking two tackles and scoring a long TD. That should've been a chunk play, not a TD. Gunter blowing a coverage on third and long against UNC. Those two TDs have nothing to do with scheme. Against Wake Forest, they were in 3rd and long several times on the opening drive, the one that sticks out is Crawford missing a tackle that would've forced them to punt around midfield. 3rd and long again in the 2nd quarter and Burns gets beat and that drive resulted in a TD. That isn't scheme. Thats about players making a play. They've made some this year. I believe they'll make even more next year.

peyton manning has 29td passes threw 8 games. The last 2 games defenses has started to play more press man vs the broncos wrs and they have forced manning to 4 or 5 ints the last 2 games with only 2 ints the first 6 games. My point is they are going to get yards and points but don't let them just play pitch and catch all **** night. This is the best qb they will face and if unc,wf,and uf can light that **** up well jameis will be real famous sunday morning.

Last edited:
I'm not the biggest fan of our defensive scheme but hard to argue with the fact that it actually works when looking at the final score. I don't know how we do it, but we do a great job of keeping teams from scoring (especially in the 2nd half). Even though some teams march up and down the field, somehow and someway they just don't score too often.

Advertisement
So tired of hearing this "Coach No D" BS...

Our D is light years better than last season. Very improved, physical, and they don't quit. Golden obviously believes in this guy, Temple believed in him...time for you guys to hop on board.

Agreed. Way better than last year

This getting torched thing is a little out of hand. The last 4 TDs scored in the first half were Ebron breaking two tackles and scoring a long TD. That should've been a chunk play, not a TD. Gunter blowing a coverage on third and long against UNC. Those two TDs have nothing to do with scheme. Against Wake Forest, they were in 3rd and long several times on the opening drive, the one that sticks out is Crawford missing a tackle that would've forced them to punt around midfield. 3rd and long again in the 2nd quarter and Burns gets beat and that drive resulted in a TD. That isn't scheme. Thats about players making a play. They've made some this year. I believe they'll make even more next year.

Quit talking common sense....it ruins the narrative around here.

Other than that first drive where they carved us up... the D played well... that 3rd and long bomb we gave up was not a schematic issue, that TD in the 4th also wasn't a scheme thing, we make the tackle and it's just a first down instead of a TD.... That said I do wish we would disguise our blitzes a bit more, I feel like we stunt a lot as well, but that could just be my perception.

Advertisement
Come up to the line and slam the **** out of their receivers, better find a way to throw their timing off or Winston will eat our D for lunch.
Why is press-man gonna get us blown out?

b/c Man coverage is what Jameis Winston has been carving up this entire season.... he's not going up against zone defenses, he's been playing backyard football and seeing Benjamin, Greene, or Shaw go deep against 1 on 1 coverage and they have been destroying teams who think man coverage is the best way to slow down their offense.

why would anybody want to put press man coverage against Kelvin Benjamin and Rashaad Greene is beyond me????

The defense that d'onofrio runs is the best way to slow down FSU's offense, he can call for a more aggressive approach within the scheme but that doesnt have to mean press man coverage.

He can mix it up like he's been doing but i disagree w/ the idea that he should do man coverage more then he has before.

It's harder to find the opening in man coverage. With zone the opening can be identified BEFORE the snap. I'm not saying that we should go out and play man all night but if any team can afford to use more man coverage on FSU it's us.

Other than that first drive where they carved us up... the D played well... that 3rd and long bomb we gave up was not a schematic issue, that TD in the 4th also wasn't a scheme thing, we make the tackle and it's just a first down instead of a TD.... That said I do wish we would disguise our blitzes a bit more, I feel like we stunt a lot as well, but that could just be my perception.

The D from a schematic standpoint even played well the 1st drive. I think they converted 4-5 3rd a longs, where we were in position to make plays, we just missed the tackles.

So tired of hearing this "Coach No D" BS...

Our D is light years better than last season. Very improved, physical, and they don't quit. Golden obviously believes in this guy, Temple believed in him...time for you guys to hop on board.

ESTO.

With fans like that who needs gators?

Advertisement
Back