Coach No D

like i said we havent played anybody yet that can score lots of points. Lovelamp how much lead way do you give coach d is the fsu game? You have always been a fair poster on the boards ,would like to hear your opinion if fsu scores what____ maybe should start looking for a differnt d cord.

We might not have played that many impressive offenses but we're 11th in scoring D (17.7 PPG) and we are keeping points off the board while forcing turnovers.

Not sure why you would fire him now when our defense has been saving us this season.

I think we've been on different wavelengths here. I am with you the D has saved us in multiple circumstances and is much improved. My thing with Coach D is that he seems stubborn in his approach and never forces the action. I am under the assumption that most in this thread agreeing with me and disagreeing with you are conveying the same thought. Not saying I am 100% right or you are, but I would love to see more of 98 and 17 in early down situations, more A gap blitzes, seems like all of our pressure is off the edge, and when we do not disguise corner blitzes, teams slide protect that way and take us right out of it. This happened last year vs VT and Duke multiple times, and happened the other day against Wake as well. It might be nitpicking and YES we are a probably a year ahead of schedule record wise, but I feel like he handcuffs the kids from playing sometimes and has them reacting.

Let me start by saying last year and this year are two different animals, I am not going to talk about last year.

IMO Coach D is well versed on the limits of this defense. I don't think it is he is "stubborn," I just think he knows what we are capable of doing. I am going to agree with everyone that we want/need more pressure (perhaps by putting 98 and/or 17 in the game more) but I think he knows more about how to get that pressure. IMO he doesn't handcuff the kids, he knows their limitations.

IMO (I am not expert) I would have sent pressure (LB or S) against WF through those massive splits in the OL. Just because I would do it, doesn't mean it would work.

Advertisement
like i said we havent played anybody yet that can score lots of points. Lovelamp how much lead way do you give coach d is the fsu game? You have always been a fair poster on the boards ,would like to hear your opinion if fsu scores what____ maybe should start looking for a differnt d cord.

We might not have played that many impressive offenses but we're 11th in scoring D (17.7 PPG) and we are keeping points off the board while forcing turnovers.

Not sure why you would fire him now when our defense has been saving us this season.

I think we've been on different wavelengths here. I am with you the D has saved us in multiple circumstances and is much improved. My thing with Coach D is that he seems stubborn in his approach and never forces the action. I am under the assumption that most in this thread agreeing with me and disagreeing with you are conveying the same thought. Not saying I am 100% right or you are, but I would love to see more of 98 and 17 in early down situations, more A gap blitzes, seems like all of our pressure is off the edge, and when we do not disguise corner blitzes, teams slide protect that way and take us right out of it. This happened last year vs VT and Duke multiple times, and happened the other day against Wake as well. It might be nitpicking and YES we are a probably a year ahead of schedule record wise, but I feel like he handcuffs the kids from playing sometimes and has them reacting.

Let me start by saying last year and this year are two different animals, I am not going to talk about last year.

IMO Coach D is well versed on the limits of this defense. I don't think it is he is "stubborn," I just think he knows what we are capable of doing. I am going to agree with everyone that we want/need more pressure (perhaps by putting 98 and/or 17 in the game more) but I think he knows more about how to get that pressure. IMO he doesn't handcuff the kids, he knows their limitations.

IMO (I am not expert) I would have sent pressure (LB or S) against WF through those massive splits in the OL. Just because I would do it, doesn't mean it would work.

I can agree with that and also your thoughts on the limitations on the back end mainly 30 and 2 being a shell of himself this year. I agree about his thoughts on our limitations which again I share, but it is my opinion that a little more aggressiveness, and not just blitzing, but a walked down safety sometimes and non choreographed personnel groups on the field could help. I definitely appreciate your thoughts and this dialogue too.

Believing in the coaches makes too much sense,

I can agree with that and also your thoughts on the limitations on the back end mainly 30 and 2 being a shell of himself this year. I agree about his thoughts on our limitations which again I share, but it is my opinion that a little more aggressiveness, and not just blitzing, but a walked down safety sometimes and non choreographed personnel groups on the field could help. I definitely appreciate your thoughts and this dialogue too.

Good stuff.

Let me add one little thing. Kacy Rodgers getting injured really hurt this defense. When he got injured in the first quarter against UNC, that allowed forced us to put inferior personnel into the game. For two weeks we have watched Highsmith and Bush get burnt and abused at safety. If Kacy Rodgers is healthy, I think the following plays could be prevented.

Bush on Campanaro (TD), look at him trail.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9881625

Highsmith on Q. Davis (30 yards), no where near him

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9841118

Bush on Ebron (31 Yards), this is terrible

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9841189

Good stuff.

Let me add one little thing. Kacy Rodgers getting injured really hurt this defense. When he got injured in the first quarter against UNC, that allowed forced us to put inferior personnel into the game. For two weeks we have watched Highsmith and Bush get burnt and abused at safety. If Kacy Rodgers is healthy, I think the following plays could be prevented.

All fair and valid points there. Bush has got to be close to being back to at least 90%. Him not being healthy is far worse than 22 not playing.

Advertisement

Good stuff.

All fair and valid points there. Bush has got to be close to being back to at least 90%. Him not being healthy is far worse than 22 not playing.

Agreed because when healthy he is fast and can play darn good ball.

Coach D isn't playing against F$U last I checked. His personnel is vastly overmatched in this game. That doesn't mean he can't draw something up to slow F$U's offense down, but I wouldn't hold your breath. This game is probably the worst one to use to pass any sort of judgment on Coach D. It would be like saying that Schnelly sucks as a coach because FAU didn't win a 'ship. Look at the season as a whole when it's over, and see if progress was made. I'm going to go waaaay out on a limb and say that the progress will be significant.

We're screwed. I guess we need to "punt the ball better" for Al and our boy coach D to lineup appropriately on the goal line instead of a 4-2-5 getting gashed by the same play 4 times.

So tired of hearing this "Coach No D" BS...

Our D is light years better than last season. Very improved, physical, and they don't quit. Golden obviously believes in this guy, Temple believed in him...time for you guys to hop on board.

Sage advice.

Advertisement
I'll judge him by his overall body of work at the end of the season..

446.gif

Consigliere?

I know we went back and forth 2 weeks ago and agreed to disagree on some things and agreed on others. I understand we are years away and the process is on going, but am frustrated due to us having the same issues it seems for 2 straight years. Lining up wrong, guys not in the right spots, lining up late, no imagination, etc. What is your take since our last dialogue?

I think a change must be necessary come end of season, bar none.

Advertisement
Consigliere?

I know we went back and forth 2 weeks ago and agreed to disagree on some things and agreed on others. I understand we are years away and the process is on going, but am frustrated due to us having the same issues it seems for 2 straight years. Lining up wrong, guys not in the right spots, lining up late, no imagination, etc. What is your take since our last dialogue?

I made a post after VT. Did you see it?

Consigliere?

I made a post after VT. Did you see it?

did not, was out of the country for work that week.

Advertisement
So tired of hearing this "Coach No D" BS...

Our D is light years better than last season. Very improved, physical, and they don't quit. Golden obviously believes in this guy, Temple believed in him...time for you guys to hop on board.
112.gif

Advertisement
Back