Coach No D

I was on board but i got one foot off the edge right now. We continue to allow so-so offenses to perform surgery on our defense via the pass. Hopefully we have some diverse coverages and alignments for the FSU game.

That's because South FL talent can't play in a hybrid 3-4 defense. From 116th in the nation last year to 18th so far this year is all the proof I need to know you're a moran.

:ibisroflmao:

Advertisement
This getting torched thing is a little out of hand. The last 4 TDs scored in the first half were Ebron breaking two tackles and scoring a long TD. That should've been a chunk play, not a TD. Gunter blowing a coverage on third and long against UNC. Those two TDs have nothing to do with scheme. Against Wake Forest, they were in 3rd and long several times on the opening drive, the one that sticks out is Crawford missing a tackle that would've forced them to punt around midfield. 3rd and long again in the 2nd quarter and Burns gets beat and that drive resulted in a TD. That isn't scheme. Thats about players making a play. They've made some this year. I believe they'll make even more next year.

It's almost as if we've got a bunch of sophmores and less than 5 star recruits running around out there. Huh.

All I can say is, hopefully the vanilla defense we've seen the last couple weeks isn't what we'll be running with on Saturday night. I have a feeling we won't.

Maybe D'Onofrio figured it was Wake so he didn't need to use all his bullets. (and put it on tape for FSU to see) Cause honestly, our defense in the FAU game looked different than what I saw last Saturday.

Ideally, you would think that your offense would put the game out of reach aganist a team like UNC or Wake therefore you wouldn't have to bring your whole defensive playbook to the game.

I was on board but i got one foot off the edge right now. We continue to allow so-so offenses to perform surgery on our defense via the pass. Hopefully we have some diverse coverages and alignments for the FSU game.

That's because South FL talent can't play in a hybrid 3-4 defense. From 116th in the nation last year to 18th so far this year is all the proof I need to know you're a moran.

:ibisroflmao:

565.jpg

Advertisement
What happens when we play a team that doesnt make the mistakes that these other teams have made? Our D is ranked so high because they havent went up against a power house offense. Imo If we get blown out we really need to find a better D cord. I am so tired of the excuses and free passes that everybody gives him. Why does It takes coach d an entire to start making adjustments? I didn’t like coach d his first year and I def dont care for him now. I have zero confidents that this can stop a team who has a high power offense.

What happens when we play a team that doesnt make the mistakes that these other teams have made? Our D is ranked so high because they havent went up against a power house offense. Imo If we get blown out we really need to find a better D cord. I am so tired of the excuses and free passes that everybody gives him. Why does It takes coach d an entire to start making adjustments? I didn’t like coach d his first year and I def dont care for him now. I have zero confidents that this can stop a team who has a high power offense.

What are these mistakes?

What are these mistakes?

3rd and 1 delay of game at UNC, giving UNC hope from the 28 yard line by handing them 50 yards of space in 13 seconds, Multiple 3rd down conversions by Wake Forest when the distance was 7 yards or longer. Just very passive overall.

Then we always here that kids are "freelancing" Well if they are continuously freelancing, obviously the coach isn't doing a good enough job putting his players in position.

Last edited:

What are these mistakes?

3rd and 1 delay of game at UNC, Multiple 3rd down conversions by Wake Forest when the distance was 7 yards or longer. Just very passive overall.

Then we always here that kids are "freelancing" Well if they are continuously freelancing, obviously the coach isn't doing a good enough job putting his players in position.

1. 3rd and 1 (Delay of Game): Sure it is a mistake but it isn't a guaranteed first down. I suppose Miami made a mistake on 4th and 1 when DC didn't get the first down?

2. No idea what multiple 3rd down conversions means. What is the mistake? Don't teams convert on third down, even SOMETIMES?

3. No idea what the last part means. What is the mistake?

Advertisement
The D has improved 98 spots from last year to this year. Meanwhile the offense.... Well... Derp. Derp.

like i said we havent played anybody yet that can score lots of points. Lovelamp how much lead way do you give coach d is the fsu game? You have always been a fair poster on the boards ,would like to hear your opinion if fsu scores what____ maybe should start looking for a differnt d cord.

What are these mistakes?

3rd and 1 delay of game at UNC, Multiple 3rd down conversions by Wake Forest when the distance was 7 yards or longer. Just very passive overall.

1. 3rd and 1 (Delay of Game): Sure it is a mistake but it isn't a guaranteed first down. I suppose Miami made a mistake on 4th and 1 when DC didn't get the first down?

2. No idea what multiple 3rd down conversions means. What is the mistake? Don't teams convert on third down, even SOMETIMES?

If you didnt see Wake Forest WR's running all over the middle of the field the other day or bubble screens with 15 yards of space then I don't know what else to tell you. Yes DC got stuffed on 4th and 1 just like Duke got stuffed on 2nd and 1 at the goal line the week before running stupid *** stretch plays instead of putting 33 in there and running behind him for 12 inches.

like i said we havent played anybody yet that can score lots of points. Lovelamp how much lead way do you give coach d is the fsu game? You have always been a fair poster on the boards ,would like to hear your opinion if fsu scores what____ maybe should start looking for a differnt d cord.

We might not have played that many impressive offenses but we're 11th in scoring D (17.7 PPG) and we are keeping points off the board while forcing turnovers.

Not sure why you would fire him now when our defense has been saving us this season.

Advertisement

What are these mistakes?

If you didnt see Wake Forest WR's running all over the middle of the field the other day or bubble screens with 15 yards of space then I don't know what else to tell you. Yes DC got stuffed on 4th and 1 just like Duke got stuffed on 2nd and 1 at the goal line the week before running stupid *** stretch plays instead of putting 33 in there and running behind him for 12 inches.

I asked what was the mistake. Here is the post I responded to:

What happens when we play a team that doesnt make the mistakes that these other teams have made?

As for your most recent response. I don't think WF played that well, I think our D also limited them to 7 points after halftime. I also think we had a mistackle (F.UCK COACH D) that resulted in a TD. That is on Coach D.

I don't know what to tell you.

There isn't a magic number.. If they score 60 or they score 14, I'll judge him by his overall body of work at the end of the season. So far, so good IYAM.. I'd prefer him to be more aggresive but I'm sure he has his reasons. (worst safeties in America comes to mind) His halftime adjustments have been textbook thus far. To be honest I have been concerned with one of our coordinators.. It's just not the one on D.

And we're 11th in the country in Scoring D. I don't know what to tell you, all we can do is keep the points off the board and the D is doing that. FSU will be a big time test this week.

Advertisement

We might not have played that many impressive offenses but we're 11th in scoring D (17.7 PPG) and we are keeping points off the board while forcing turnovers.

Not sure why you would fire him now when our defense has been saving us this season.

I think we've been on different wavelengths here. I am with you the D has saved us in multiple circumstances and is much improved. My thing with Coach D is that he seems stubborn in his approach and never forces the action. I am under the assumption that most in this thread agreeing with me and disagreeing with you are conveying the same thought. Not saying I am 100% right or you are, but I would love to see more of 98 and 17 in early down situations, more A gap blitzes, seems like all of our pressure is off the edge, and when we do not disguise corner blitzes, teams slide protect that way and take us right out of it. This happened last year vs VT and Duke multiple times, and happened the other day against Wake as well. It might be nitpicking and YES we are a probably a year ahead of schedule record wise, but I feel like he handcuffs the kids from playing sometimes and has them reacting.

I agree about the half time adjustments lamp, however he might want start making adjustments before half time? I cant put the fault on Coley i put it on Morris that guy still plays like a freshman and to unpredictable for me. Kids will be wide open and he throws to the ball high. If Morris would spend more time in the film room he might see the TE is wide open every play. You’re right about one thing why abandon the run if they cant stop it. I seen this scenario happen way to much this year.

Advertisement
Back