Coach No D

Sebastianspipe

Freshman
Please be aggressive on that side of the ball this week. A little more man, press covereage, A gap blitzes, 17 an 98 playing on some 1st and 2nd downs, no LB's covering slot receivers because there are 3 of them on the field in 4-5 wide sets.

That is my wish

Advertisement
So tired of hearing this "Coach No D" BS...

Our D is light years better than last season. Very improved, physical, and they don't quit. Golden obviously believes in this guy, Temple believed in him...time for you guys to hop on board.

We have what 1 ACC 2nd team guy playing D..that is Bush and he has not even played

Coach D is still working with misfits and transfers....

You can love Denzel and Mccord ( he will be ) all you want..they are just GOOD players not game changers..

He is doing the best with what he has and yes we are light years better due to depth and recruiting potential ALL acc guys that are stepping up...

Advertisement

Our D is light years better than last season. Very improved, physical, and they don't quit. Golden obviously believes in this guy, Temple believed in him...time for you guys to hop on board.

We are light years ahead, no doubt, but have you seen any imagination or aggressiveness on that side of the ball. Why was 31 covering Campanero the other day on a 3rd and 4? Where is the A gap blitzing, press coverage when they are throwing 3 yard crosses all day?

That is my gripe, trust me I love the record and progress as much as anyone, but D has got to change a few things up here and there man.

I was on board but i got one foot off the edge right now. We continue to allow so-so offenses to perform surgery on our defense via the pass. Hopefully we have some diverse coverages and alignments for the FSU game.

A little more man and more press coverage is whats going to get Miami blown out so i'll just trust the coaching staff on this one.....

ya know D'onofrio was here last year, when FSU was suppose to blow us out but the score was 16-13 going to the 4th.

Advertisement
A little more man and more press coverage is whats going to get Miami blown out so i'll just trust the coaching staff on this one.....

ya know D'onofrio was here last year, when FSU was suppose to blow us out but the score was 16-13 going to the 4th.

Not speaking about that being the gameplan, but this past Saturday was coach D worst game of the year by far. The continuous dinks and dunks were killing our cover 2. That was my gripe. Plus it will not get us blown out. Our DB's are the best unit on our D. We need to force the issue some.

Last edited:
Really only complaint i have is how far we play off the WR. We let WF convert 100 3rd and 10's last week. The middle of the field is too open, and that is where we need to get some resolve quickly.

Advertisement
worst game of the year? really? we gave up 14 early and then 3 in the 2nd half. what I hated was that we know #3 catches 80% of their passes and yet we continues to let him. they threw nothing downfield, except for the one blown coverage. everything was with in 15 yards.

Why is press-man gonna get us blown out?

b/c Man coverage is what Jameis Winston has been carving up this entire season.... he's not going up against zone defenses, he's been playing backyard football and seeing Benjamin, Greene, or Shaw go deep against 1 on 1 coverage and they have been destroying teams who think man coverage is the best way to slow down their offense.

why would anybody want to put press man coverage against Kelvin Benjamin and Rashaad Greene is beyond me????

The defense that d'onofrio runs is the best way to slow down FSU's offense, he can call for a more aggressive approach within the scheme but that doesnt have to mean press man coverage.

He can mix it up like he's been doing but i disagree w/ the idea that he should do man coverage more then he has before.

Advertisement

It's pure agenda at this point.

I think people really believe that in every situation you can have the best match up possible.

So Sebastian Pipe, who would you prefer to guard a WR instead of a LB?

Burns, he got burned bad.

Bush, can he run?

Highsmith, oh no!

worst game of the year? really? we gave up 14 early and then 3 in the 2nd half. what I hated was that we know #3 catches 80% of their passes and yet we continues to let him. they threw nothing downfield, except for the one blown coverage. everything was with in 15 yards.

That would constitute the worst game of the year. You know what is coming and Tyrone Cornileus is covering their only playmaker, and there was absolutely no change in our D scheme the entire game. I guess that was the original point of this thread. It is my opinion that we have a played somewhat of an odd schedule this year with 3 terrible opponents early in the season with one monster game, followed by GT, a Thursday night, and a new spread O. I think we let teams dictate the pace too much against us.

7-0 all day long though so not one to complain at all, just would like to see more confidence in our kids and let them play fast and aggressive from time to time.

Not speaking about that being the gameplan, but this past Saturday was coach D worst game of the year by far. The continuous dinks and dunks were killing our cover 2. That was my gripe. Plus it will not get us blown out. Our DB's are the best unit on our D. We need to force the issue some.

Not really. The first drive they did what they wanted to. Then we tightened up a bit.

Two of their three touchdowns came by a blown coverage on a deep ball and a missed tackle by a linebacker covering a RB. If we played the kind of defense you all are hankering for, we'd see a lot more of the two plays I just referenced.

Advertisement
Back