Coach No D

Bend but don't break is what we'll see. Just need to suck it up and deal with it.

Advertisement
Oh good, a new and original thread.

I tried to start one on James Cley... (No O)

719.gif

Make Jameis checkdown as much as possible. I believe that he COULD struggle in that department. Limit the big play and make him dink and dunk. Winston is the type of kid that wants to hit the homerun...he needs to hit the homerun (I hope so!) Lets prevent that as best we can and see if we can force some mistakes.

Advertisement
I want to point out one thing about our defensive improvement. Last year we played a top 10 type of schedule. We got killed and we were one of the worst defenses in the country. This year our SOS at this point in time is horrible. The only really good team we've played is Florida and they had no offense to begin with. Our defensive rankings look great right now because we haven't played anyone. Before we talk about how great our defense is now, lets play some more good teams first. We have FSU (possibly twice), VT, and whatever bowl we play. I highly doubt our defense is as improved as our current rankings show.

I think we have improvement, but its not that great yet considering how many yards we are giving up to bad teams. Problem is people are looking at our defense just like our offense. Our offense put up big numbers against bad teams this year and people got too excited that it was good to go. then the meltdown came after UNC. Lets see how our defense plays FSU before we say that all is well now. Our red zone defense has been pretty solid and our second half adjustments have been solid. Run defense is drastically improved. Pass defense is looking like a weakness, because of short passes mostly, but we are creating some turnovers. We cannot rely on second half adjustments on defense in this FSU game unless our offense goes back to what they were last year and keeps it close or gets a lead.

I have never played football in an organized fashion. I have been watching football for over 23 years of my life though so know the game but have no idea about the "x"'s and "o"s.

With that being said, I know the exact game plan to beat Miami's defense. In addition, before each play I see exactly what will work for the offense. So if I know this without understand the x's and o's of football then every offensive coordinator will know how to beat us.

The fact that we hardly blitz and allow the offense to get into a rhythm and play more reactive I think is a joke, but that is my unqualified opinion.

However, anyone can realize that when we line up on defense there is no surprise element. We show our hand before each snap. That must change. Will never understand why we do this.

We can't play off the recievers on 3rd and 4 like we have been, it will kill us against FSU. The other issue that keeps cropping up is that we are getting out leveraged on the outside when teams have trips and they run the bubble screen which we haven't defended that well. FSU has way better receivers than any other team we have faced, they will turn those 7-8 yard gains other recievers get to 15-20 yard gains.

Advertisement
we need to vary our defensive play calls better as well as hide our blitzes. we are still playing pretty vanilla on D and when we do throw a wrinkle in there it is paifully obvious to the QB and the opposing coaches. Even when we zone blitz half the time we are still only sending four rushers after the QB.

SO how long will it be before UM has enough or "better" players to run doritisis scheme? 3 years, 4 years, or 5?

2024, that should be enough time.

How bad are you hoping FSU beats us?

Who said anything about fsu besides you? Lol.

I was just curious, how bad do you want them to beat us?

I told you I don't know how many times, I don't answer questions from fat ******s like yourself. Why is that so hard to understand? How ******* stupid are you? How many times do I have to say it. Don't ask questions. Lol, it's really not that difficult.

The way D plays defense is the best way to play FSU, they will carve us up in man to man coverage. Their OL is good at pass blocking. We need to force them to go the long way and tackle well. D has called a good game against FSU both times we played them.

I only hate playing that soft coverage against teams like BC, Duke etc.

The reason he have LBs covering WR is because they are playing zone most of the time and they are covering an area and not the player. Now if the offense decides to run....you have a WR blocking a LB.

Ultimately i dont think you can expect much change from the philosophy, almost 3 years now, this is the type of defense they play.

SO how long will it be before UM has enough or "better" players to run doritisis scheme? 3 years, 4 years, or 5?

2024, that should be enough time.

How bad are you hoping FSU beats us?

Who said anything about fsu besides you? Lol.

I was just curious, how bad do you want them to beat us?

I told you I don't know how many times, I don't answer questions from fat ******s like yourself. Why is that so hard to understand? How ****ing stupid are you? How many times do I have to say it. Don't ask questions. Lol, it's really not that difficult.

What is your obsession with fat people? Don't you gerk it to fat guys? I know we never met but people on this site know me and they will vouch that I am not fat, so I am sorry to burst your wet dream.

I don't mind speaking to a racist **** like yourself. I want to know how excited are you for FSU? How much do you hate Al Golden for being 7-0?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Bend but don't break is what we'll see. Just need to suck it up and deal with it.

bend but dont break is the best defense against FSU

I don't think I disagree, although we'll need to create a couple two or three turnovers.

yeah i agree Miami's defense needs to play hard, fast, and smart and create some turnovers.

The bend dont break is the best defense though b/c blitzing w/ man coverage is what Jameis Winston is good at destroying.

If we make Winston have to think and find the wholes in zone then it could slow him down while our front 4 creates pressure.

I want to point out one thing about our defensive improvement. Last year we played a top 10 type of schedule. We got killed and we were one of the worst defenses in the country. This year our SOS at this point in time is horrible. The only really good team we've played is Florida and they had no offense to begin with. Our defensive rankings look great right now because we haven't played anyone. Before we talk about how great our defense is now, lets play some more good teams first. We have FSU (possibly twice), VT, and whatever bowl we play. I highly doubt our defense is as improved as our current rankings show.

I think we have improvement, but its not that great yet considering how many yards we are giving up to bad teams. Problem is people are looking at our defense just like our offense. Our offense put up big numbers against bad teams this year and people got too excited that it was good to go. then the meltdown came after UNC. Lets see how our defense plays FSU before we say that all is well now. Our red zone defense has been pretty solid and our second half adjustments have been solid. Run defense is drastically improved. Pass defense is looking like a weakness, because of short passes mostly, but we are creating some turnovers. We cannot rely on second half adjustments on defense in this FSU game unless our offense goes back to what they were last year and keeps it close or gets a lead.

Precisely this and what edge said.

Bottom line is...

We can't be stagnant pre-snap, like we have been. It makes the QB's reads too easy. Wake had our defense figured out. They knew what coverages we were in and they exploited the weaknesses of said coverage.

With all due respect, Wake only scored 3 TDs. If they had our defense figured out and were able to exploit our weaknesses, they would've scored a lot more than they did.

Advertisement
worst game of the year? really? we gave up 14 early and then 3 in the 2nd half. what I hated was that we know #3 catches 80% of their passes and yet we continues to let him. they threw nothing downfield, except for the one blown coverage. everything was with in 15 yards.

7-0 all day long though so not one to complain at all

Right right. I am a hypocrite. Spent many days on the Greentree buddy, and trust me it is not just me sharing this opinion. The guy below you said it best. We are a stagnant D sometimes.

Bottom line is...

We can't be stagnant pre-snap, like we have been. It makes the QB's reads too easy. Wake had our defense figured out. They knew what coverages we were in and they exploited the weaknesses of said coverage. AMEN

Well, do you know what a hypocrite is? It's someone who says one thing, and does the opposite. You said that you're not one to complain, yet the entire premise of this thread is to do just that. Hence, you're a hypocrite.

they scored one in the 2nd half.
McCord and AQM have enough fast twitch to get to opposing qbs.

I'm pretty sure the entire drive that Wake scored their last TD on was press and man coverage besides maybe the first play. We played it plenty in the second half. Once again if Crawford makes a tackle on third and long on the first drive, Wake doesn't score. That was zone. If Burns makes a better play on the ball on Wake's second TD drive they don't score. A scheme is supposed to get players in the right position. They were there to make plays and they didn't.

Those guys make plays they're supposed to make and Wake doesn't get 300 yds total offense.

Our corners were fine that drive in man. Burns allowed a play but his coverage was tight, and on the big play, that lb is just a garbage human being. I'm disappointed we don't have better quality backers in here in Golden's third year.

Awesome. Now kids who bust their ****s are "garbage human beings"? I would argue that you, sir, are the "garbage human being" here.

I have never played football in an organized fashion. I have been watching football for over 23 years of my life though so know the game but have no idea about the "x"'s and "o"s.

With that being said, I know the exact game plan to beat Miami's defense. In addition, before each play I see exactly what will work for the offense. So if I know this without understand the x's and o's of football then every offensive coordinator will know how to beat us.

The fact that we hardly blitz and allow the offense to get into a rhythm and play more reactive I think is a joke, but that is my unqualified opinion.

However, anyone can realize that when we line up on defense there is no surprise element. We show our hand before each snap. That must change. Will never understand why we do this.

LOL. So you knew that 31 was going to blitz and sack their QB, taking them out of field goal range in the 4th Q? Or did you think it would be a complete pass to Campanaro, 5 guys would miss tackles, and he would score?

Advertisement
Back