*Coach Kool Gone...headed to Alabama*

Wouldn't make a lot of sense especially with spring practice (at least I believe) starting soon. Who would coach the DL? It would seem like coach Richt would at least want his DL coach to have some time with the kids before fall practice starts. If, like last year, spring practice starts in early March, my guess is that the coach will be hired this week or next.

I would assume Patke can take care of that in the meantime. If Richt wants to do his due diligence I'm good with that. Find the best guy, not just a former UM guy, but find the best one out there.

Advertisement
It means he isn't qualified and doesn't need to be an actual coach. Assistant ____________ Quality ___________ or whatever was more than enough of a title for his resume.

I think Coach Kul is replaceable but he was darn good and our last hire was pretty lame.

He already had those titles. How long do you think he would be happy sitting stagnant like that?

Not going to lie, I wish we had a bigger splash hire there but i am willing to see how it shakes out. Maybe he turns into the next big thing. I do know if some other school sniped him from us for their coach the same people laughing at it would be flipping out wondering why we didn't do it to keep him. Creating all kinds of dooms day predictions. I mean they are already saying kul is a "Miami" coach and going to keep a "Miami Pipeline" open for Bama. He was here 2 years and could not even create a Miami pipeline for Miami.

Lol to his 250 twitter followers. Terrible IG follow too

When the Miami fans unfollow him he will probably have 6. That will be 3 from his previous school who forgot their password or that they were following him, 2 from Miami who did the same, and then a family member.

Advertisement
I would rather have a top ten DL coach and a stable full of monsters than the #1 DL coach with a half full stable and always being an injury/transfer away from disaster. Now if Richt doesn’t make a good hire I’ll be ****ed.

He was one of the best DL coaches in the country. There is a reason why Bama wanted him.

He isn't qualified for anything more. He is lucky to be employed here in some capacity. He can easily be back at The Incarnate Word.

How do you know he isn't qualified? The insiders are saying he was already coaching up the position and he was involved in some capacity in on campus recruiting. Is he not qualified because he never had the title before?

Advertisement
How do you know he isn't qualified? The insiders are saying he was already coaching up the position and he was involved in some capacity in on campus recruiting. Is he not qualified because he never had the title before?

Look at his resume. Nobody wanted him, where have you been? I don't know anyone, and there are tons of potatoes on here, who wants him in that capacity. That hire was pretty much atrocious.

We’re not anywhere close to recruiting elite dt's. The reason we couldn’t pull some highly ranked players is because it’s the most expensive position to recruit. This just made easier for bama to get them. We needed Kool as an equalizer.

no way was Kool even close to being an equalizer given the anemic state of our current DL. Bama will always get theirs because kids will flock to the bags no matter who coaches them. We need someone that is not only a tech guy but can also sell the program the way it needs to. Kool was not doing the job in that department. And at Bama he doesn't need to.

Advertisement
I don’t think our opinions are that far off consigliere. I just think he is easier to replace than you seem to. Also recruiting is part of being a good DL coach. Nobody argues he sucked at that part.

Advertisement
It sure seems that way.

And about 2 weeks after signing day seems like a convenient time for him to make a move.

As someone else mentioned, if we have a new DL coach hire soon, we'll know that this was likely a "mutual" decision for him to move on.

something unusual happened here. sooner or later it will come out.

Bama gets better b/c he’s a good D-Line coach and they don’t need him to recruit.

We have a chance to get better by getting a decent to good D-Line coach who is a top notch recruiter who’s recruits will help make him look good.

Advertisement
Back