*Coach Kool Gone...headed to Alabama*

Advertisement
You realize that we still got Joe Jackson, Jon garvin, Jon Ford, Greg Rousseau, and Nesta ******* Silvera right? Even with as little effort Kool put into recruiting, thats what he was still able to get.

I think the problem is that Richt and Diaz underestimated his recruiting ability from the getgo. Remember everyone saying Kool had complete control of who we target recruiting wise at DL and who we offer? Well thats a problem when the dude doesn't really care much about recruiting. If we had somone like Hartley, Banda, or Patke doing the heavy lifting for the DL recruiting from the very beginning, I doubt we'd be in the position depth wise we are.
The problem wasn't the skill of the players we got. The problem was there wasn't a plan. Theres no way in **** we should have been left with 5 ******* DEs this year. Thats a problem. But that could have been solved, even with Kool as coach. He's a great coach, and this is a loss, even if we bring in KP or Partridge.

joe jack really wanted to be a cane he committed to golden, gravin was a under the radar kid until the end, ford lost some steam with the bigger schools, roseau is a project kid, the only one that was elite and had major schools going after was silvera and he wavered at times, kool was so trash at recruiting dude was a amazing teacher but his recruiting success is that of rumphs in terms of who he got

see broke I'm critical of another coaches recruiting failures

joe jack really wanted to be a cane he committed to golden, gravin was a under the radar kid until the end, ford lost some steam with the bigger schools, roseau is a project kid, the only one that was elite and had major schools going after was silvera and he wavered at times, kool was so trash at recruiting dude was a amazing teacher but his recruiting success is that of rumphs in terms of who he got

see broke I'm critical of another coaches recruiting failures
I mean thats my point. Even with a guy who couldn't care less about recruiting we got studs. My point wasn't to show Kool was such a good recruiter we got them.

Thats not going to change next yr or the year after regardless who our DL coach is. We're still going to get local studs that want to be Canes just like Jackson, Garvin, Rousseau. So at the very least with a guy that hates recruiting we'll be okay. The problem was there was no plan for what we needed, because Kool just didn't care, and it left us with poor depth especially at DE. But This yrs DE/DT class is loaded. All we need to do is land 3 DTs and 3-4 DEs and we are gucci.

DT: Daxon, Brown, Sorrels and maybe derrick Hunter
DE: Bogle, Williams for sure. Then add 2 of Ingraham, Summerall, Jafhari Harvey, maybe a nation dude like Thibodeaux, Hinton, etc etc

I mean thats my point. Even with a guy who couldn't care less about recruiting we got studs. My point wasn't to show Kool was such a good recruiter we got them.

Thats not going to change next yr or the year after regardless who our DL coach is. We're still going to get local studs that want to be Canes just like Jackson, Garvin, Rousseau. So at the very least with a guy that hates recruiting we'll be okay. The problem was there was no plan for what we needed, because Kool just didn't care, and it left us with poor depth especially at DE. But This yrs DE/DT class is loaded. All we need to do is land 3 DTs and 3-4 DEs and we are gucci.

DT: Daxon, Brown, Sorrels and maybe derrick Hunter
DE: Bogle, Williams for sure. Then add 2 of Ingraham, Summerall, Jafhari Harvey, maybe a nation dude like Thibodeaux, Hinton, etc etc

idk about hunter he's been all over the place, we need to go all out on this class at both DB and DL

Advertisement
You realize that we still got Joe Jackson, Jon garvin, Jon Ford, Greg Rousseau, and Nesta ******* Silvera right? Even with as little effort Kool put into recruiting, thats what he was still able to get.

I think the problem is that Richt and Diaz underestimated his recruiting ability from the getgo. Remember everyone saying Kool had complete control of who we target recruiting wise at DL and who we offer? Well thats a problem when the dude doesn't really care much about recruiting. If we had somone like Hartley, Banda, or Patke doing the heavy lifting for the DL recruiting from the very beginning, I doubt we'd be in the position depth wise we are.
The problem wasn't the skill of the players we got. The problem was there wasn't a plan. Theres no way in **** we should have been left with 5 ******* DEs this year. Thats a problem. But that could have been solved, even with Kool as coach. He's a great coach, and this is a loss, even if we bring in KP or Partridge.

miami got them, not kul

kul is terrible

The NFL is loaded with those type of guys, so i don't think that played a role. I just think he was comfortable at Mizzou doing his thing, being good at it, and being left alone. Miami is a different animal. I do think he enjoyed molding kids as well and watching them burst on to the scene. Most Dline coaches in the NFL get zero credit.....it all goes to the players.

I think what kept Kool from the NFL is the hours and the grind. He didn't have to grind at Mizzou, he didn't want to grind at Miami and he would be expected to grind in the NFL with the longer season, off-season camps, etc.
Yeah I'm sure Saban will just let him coast

Whether it’s Partridge or KP, it’ll be fun to watch a coach that can and cares about recruiting in addition teaching technique. The DL is so critical in being a top tier team, I wish we would hire two DL coaches. I’d imagine Patke will help coach the DEs some, but I still think that was a lazy @ss hire by Richt.

I hope he proves me wrong and Patke is monster recruiter at least.

miami got them, not kul

kul is terrible
Kool is so bad that Nick Saban, the most successful college coach in modern times, hired him! Kool is one of the most respected D Line coaches in the business and his players showed that on the field. People come here spewing nonsense, "he can't recruit," "he's lazy," and so on. Here's what I know, he had the best D Lines in the last 15 years at Miami and anyone debating that has no clue. Saban's other interview was Partridge and from the latest updates he is our top target.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
IMO Kool new he was leaving and DGAF about who he left behind at Miami. This guy wasn't in Missouri sucking off Thompson like he was earlier. He was barely going anywhere. We all came to the conclusion that he's a liability on visits. That maybe true. However, it could also be true that Satan quietly offered him the job months ago. Satan may have purposely wanted him not to recruit anyone to leave the cupboard bare. Therefore, weakening an enemy threat even further.

he definitely know a while back he was leaving. I remember most got upset when Hunter spoke of a lack of communication before he decommitted. its clear kul wasn't giving his all on the trail. he had one foot out the door nfl or another college team.

Position coaches get paid for developing players and Kool did a better job than anyone in the country developing D linemen. The following are Mizzou guys with their star ratings coming out of high school:

• Charles Harris – 2 star, 1st rd NFL draft pick
  • Shane Ray – 3 star, 1st rd
  • Aldon Smith – 3 star, 1st rd
  • Ziggy Hood – 3 star, 1st rd
  • Markus Golden – 3 star juco, 2nd rd
  • Kony Ealy – 4 star, 2nd rd
How many of those guys did UM recruit? How many D-Linemen did we have drafted in the first round in the last 10 years?
Now pair that with the development of UM's D linemen during Kool's tenure here and get back to me. Also, your Saban conspiracy theory is in line with believing in the Easter Bunny. I guess the Rooney's called Saban two months ago and told him the Steelers were going to hire Karl Dunbar sometime in early February. After the call, Nick called Kool and told him "Don't recruit at Miami, I will hire you in two months at Bama!"
A job at Bama came open on February 8th, Kool interviewed, and was offered the job. He took it because it is more money and a better situation for him and his family.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's fantastic. For 30 years of coaching.

As the HC during mostly probation-filled years, how many guys went in the first round during the Butch era? And that was 5 years.

No bonus points for not being able to get big-time players.

All that shows is that you can't recruit well and/or are too lazy to do the work.

Position coaches get paid for developing players and Kool did a better job than anyone in the country developing D linemen. The following are Mizzou guys with their star ratings coming out of high school:

• Charles Harris – 2 star, 1st rd NFL draft pick
  • Shane Ray – 3 star, 1st rd
  • Aldon Smith – 3 star, 1st rd
  • Ziggy Hood – 3 star, 1st rd
  • Markus Golden – 3 star juco, 2nd rd
  • Kony Ealy – 4 star, 2nd rd
How many of those guys did UM recruit? How many D-Linemen did we have drafted in the first round in the last 10 years?
Now pair that with the development of UM's D linemen during Kool's tenure here and get back to me. Also, your Saban conspiracy theory is in line with believing in the Easter Bunny. I guess the Rooney's called Saban two months ago and told him the Steelers were going to hire Karl Dunbar sometime in early February. After the call, Nick called Kool and told him "Don't recruit at Miami, I will hire you in two months at Bama!"
A job at Bama came open on February 8th, Kool interviewed, and was offered the job. He took it because it is more money and a better situation for him and his family.

Advertisement
Kool is so bad that Nick Saban, the most successful college coach in modern times, hired him! Kool is one of the most respected D Line coaches in the business and his players showed that on the field. People come here spewing nonsense, "he can't recruit," "he's lazy," and so on. Here's what I know, he had the best D Lines in the last 15 years at Miami and anyone debating that has no clue. Saban's other interview was Partridge and from the latest updates he is our top target.

who cares what an incredible technician he is if he doesn't have anyone to teach it to

As the HC during mostly probation-filled years, how many guys went in the first round during the Butch era? And that was 5 years.

All that shows is that you can't recruit well and/or are too lazy to do the work.

Here are the years the following came into the league:

• Charles Harris – 2 star, 1st rd NFL draft pick 2016
  • Shane Ray – 3 star, 1st rd. 2015
  • Aldon Smith – 3 star, 1st rd. 2011
  • Ziggy Hood – 3 star, 1st rd. 2009
  • Markus Golden – 3 star juco, 2nd rd 2015
  • Kony Ealy – 4 star, 2nd rd. 2014
I don't think any were 30 years ago. Now, even you should realize Mizzou isn't a college football powerhouse and their team is comprised mostly of guys that the major powers didn't offer, you know, 2 stars and 3 stars, so what Kool did there was develop guys into first rounders. Oh, by the way, Saban should have checked with you and the other experts here, what in the **** would Nick know about coaching football! FYI, Butch Davis had TWO D linemen drafted in the First Round in his five years as HC, Kennard Lang and Kenny Holmes.

who cares what an incredible technician he is if he doesn't have anyone to teach it to

He "taught" these guys!!!

• Charles Harris – 2 star, 1st rd NFL draft pick 2016
  • Shane Ray – 3 star, 1st rd. 2015
  • Aldon Smith – 3 star, 1st rd. 2011
  • Ziggy Hood – 3 star, 1st rd. 2009
  • Markus Golden – 3 star juco, 2nd rd 2015
  • Kony Ealy – 4 star, 2nd rd. 2014

Advertisement
When did the fake argument morph into UM fans saying Tool sucks? Who are you even arguing against? Tool is a very good technician. No one doubts that or questions it. That's only half the job as a position coach though. Aggressive and hard recruiting is where we can upgrade significantly.
I think people are putting too much stock in the technical expertise of position coaches. Everything Tool knows is available to any other DL coach who studies his craft diligently. He holds no magical pixie dust when it comes to technique.

He, like every other coach in the world, gets a lot smarter when he has better players to work with. Put Tyreic Martin and Ryan Big Hoss Fines out there instead of RJ McIntosh and Norton, and then tell me what a genius Tool is.

When did the fake argument morph into UM fans saying Tool sucks? Who are you even arguing against? Tool is a very good technician. No one doubts that or questions it. That's only half the job as a position coach though. Aggressive and hard recruiting is where we can upgrade significantly.
I think people are putting too much stock in the technical expertise of position coaches. Everything Tool knows is available to any other DL coach who studies his craft diligently. He holds no magical pixie dust when it comes to technique.

He, like every other coach in the world, gets a lot smarter when he has better players to work with. Put Tyreic Martin and Ryan Big Hoss Fines out there instead of RJ McIntosh and Norton, and then tell me what a genius Tool is.
Yep the difference is recruiting, and you either have it or you don’t

The lack of numbers Kool brought in are scary. Given his track record I wouldn’t have cared if we signed 3/4 extra 3* every year. But the fact is his lack of recruiting (which is a huge part of the job) was going to bite us in the *** at some point this year. 1 injury to JJ, Djax, Willis, or Ford and our razor thin depth is going to be exposed.

Kool made 2 and 3 star guys into First Rounders at Mizzou. These guys weren't offered by the big boys but Kool DEVELOPED them into first round picks. Nick Saban, the most successful coach in modern football history hired him, I need one of you experts to tell me why.

Advertisement
Back