*Coach Kool Gone...headed to Alabama*

the23Watcher

Sophomore
EDIT:

DWcB6i6VMAAWrrR.jpg

https://www.pewterreport.com/bucs-interview-miami-d-line-coach-kuligowski/

The Buccaneers have interviewed yet another person for their vacant defensive line coaching position, this time dipping into the college ranks to meet with University of Miami defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski. Tampa Bay has also interviewed assistant defensive line coach Paul Spicer, former Indianapolis Colts defensive coordinator Ted Monachino, and former Arizona Cardinals defensive tackle Brentson Buckner after firing former defensive line coach Jay Hayes on February 9.

Perhaps the best and most well-known college defensive line coach, Kuligowski has spent two years at the University of Miami where he was promoted to assistant head coach this past season. The Hurricanes led the nation in sacks (43), and were first nationally in turnover margin.

should we be worried??

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Hmmm... college position coach who is known for being a great technical coach who hates recruiting, interviews for a coaching gig at an NFL team in the same state...

Yeah, nothing to see here.

Advertisement
Damnit man.... if he leaves Miami would have to go after Kevin Patrick for sure

Advertisement
I have to question his mental health for even interviewing for that job. It's a 1 year deal. No way the head coach (and possibly management) are still there after next year. Obviously they can turn things around, but that's a **** of a gamble on his part. I think he is just getting his name out there and laying the foundation for a run at the NFL in the next year or two. Once one NFL team comes calling and you listen, others will follow if you continue to be successful. He has to be aware how some segment of the fan-base is dissecting his recruiting prowess (or lack thereof). Doubt he had to deal with this type of scrutiny in Mizzu with regards to his recruiting ability.

Advertisement
I think he's better off as an NFL head coach. That's not to say that I don't want him at the U because I absolutely do. But hearing what he's said about not liking the recruiting aspect of college ball, if he went to the pros then he definitely wouldn't have to worry about that. Just have to coach those guys up.

Someone already said it, but be careful what you wish for. The chances that you get someone who's a strong recruiter and technician at this point are slim. So you may get in some highly-rated guys, but if they aren't being coached up then what are they? JAG

Advertisement
Back