*Coach Kool Gone...headed to Alabama*

Advertisement
I think he's better off as an NFL head coach. That's not to say that I don't want him at the U because I absolutely do. But hearing what he's said about not liking the recruiting aspect of college ball, if he went to the pros then he definitely wouldn't have to worry about that. Just have to coach those guys up.

Someone already said it, but be careful what you wish for. The chances that you get someone who's a strong recruiter and technician at this point are slim. So you may get in some highly-rated guys, but if they aren't being coached up then what are they? JAG
He has brought in some **** good dlineman in the last 3classes. I’m defintiely not worried about the quality of guys he’s getting that’s for **** sure, it’s just the numbers but that will be fixed in a deeper2019 dline class. I’m glad we didn’t reach for anyone late like Martin from bama in 2016. Jordan miller I don’t qualify as a reach because he’s a **** stud

Advertisement
They hired somebody else. Thank god. Coach kool will coach these guys up lets goooo

He has brought in some **** good dlineman in the last 3classes. I’m defintiely not worried about the quality of guys he’s getting that’s for **** sure, it’s just the numbers but that will be fixed in a deeper2019 dline class. I’m glad we didn’t reach for anyone late like Martin from bama in 2016. Jordan miller I don’t qualify as a reach because he’s a **** stud

I agree with you. I'm not saying he's a bad recruiter. I'm just saying that he doesn't particularly care for that aspect of the position as a college coach. He'd rather just get the guys and coach em. A true technician. But you're right, landing Nesta and Jordan Miller on the interior is solid. Hopefully the '19 class winds up with a bunch of studs.

I don’t have much of an issue about Kul’s recruits for Storm18. He landed his #1 target in Nesta. Chatfield is a punk and didn’t want him anyway. Could have used more depth but let’s see what they do in 19.

Other coaches on D my eyes are wide **** open however..

Advertisement
Meh, this is such an important year for DL recruiting, it might be better if he goes.

We need 6-7 DL. I've seen nothing of Kool to indicate he can recruit that aggressively.

Great position coach obviously though
We are not in a "better if he goes" situation. He is a top, if not the top DL line coach in the country. Would it be the end of the world if he left? No! Our program is bigger than one man. However, it definitely would not be "better" for us if he left.

Advertisement
We are not in a "better if he goes" situation. He is a top, if not the top DL line coach in the country. Would it be the end of the world if he left? No! Our program is bigger than one man. However, it definitely would not be "better" for us if he left.

He's not even close to one of the best. A COLLEGE DL coach job is probably 70% recruiting, 30% coaching.

Yes, he might be the best coach, and he's great at talent evaluation, but guys like Haggins at FSU lap him in terms of actual recruiting.

To be considered one of the best, you have to be able to do both like Dugans does

Advertisement
Question for some of you that think we are better off with coach Kul gone... who do plan of replacing him with?? And don't name skills (like a " better recruiter") .. like who exactly ??

where do these assessments come from?

"kool dont like to recruit" "Kool cant recruit" The guy made a career at Mizzou finding underrated/overlooked guys and turning them into NFL players. He got Jon Ford, Nesta, DJ Johnson, Garvin ,etc.

He's better for NFL? how? the guy is clearly a teacher, he probably loves hte college game. seriously smh. you cant have nice things around coral gables i see lol

Advertisement
Back