*Coach Kool Gone...headed to Alabama*

how can it possibly be an "upgrade from kool all around" when kool IS the best DL coach in college (that actually a full time DL coach).

and to everyone who thinks losing kool is good yall are ******* trippin, thinking that because he isn't a great recruiter, that it somehow means he can't coach all of a sudden. Yall are straight up lying to yourselves. Losing Kool is absolutely a negative, IDGAF what yall fools say. Dude was an elite COACH. Whoever we add in his place, will not be as good of a coach as he is. That is just a ******* fact, whether yall want to admit it or not. yes recruiting is extremely important, especially along the DL. But if yall think recruiting is more important than coaching for literally every position yall are again trippin. We didn't need Kool to be an elite recruiter. Not every coach on the staff needs to be this elite recruiter, thats what yall don't get. It shouldn't have been all up to Kool to recruit the DL, and all up to Rumph to recruit CBs, that just makes no sense.

His replacement has to be a great coach first and foremost. His recruiting ability is second.

He was a horrible recruiter even going back to Missouri, and in college you have to recruit especially that position, with his resume alone he should have got elite kids but he didn’t thats a huge red flag

Advertisement
Bama gets better b/c he’s a good D-Line coach and they don’t need him to recruit.

We have a chance to get better by getting a decent to good D-Line coach who is a top notch recruiter who’s recruits will help make him look good.

Well thats if we make the right hire lol but i agree

Honestly kool has a NFL coach mentality, all he wants to do is teach his craft and thats it so im amazed he hasn’t moved on to there yet

Honestly kool has a NFL coach mentality, all he wants to do is teach his craft and thats it so im amazed he hasn’t moved on to there yet

Wouldn’t surprise me if his personality has kept him out of an NFL job. Listen to the guys interviews. He’s not an impressive speaker and probably why he is a pure position coach that will never be anymore. Nothing wrong with it.

Advertisement
Wouldn’t surprise me if his personality has kept him out of an NFL job. Listen to the guys interviews. He’s not an impressive speaker and probably why he is a pure position coach that will never be anymore. Nothing wrong with it.

The NFL is loaded with those type of guys, so i don't think that played a role. I just think he was comfortable at Mizzou doing his thing, being good at it, and being left alone. Miami is a different animal. I do think he enjoyed molding kids as well and watching them burst on to the scene. Most Dline coaches in the NFL get zero credit.....it all goes to the players.

I think what kept Kool from the NFL is the hours and the grind. He didn't have to grind at Mizzou, he didn't want to grind at Miami and he would be expected to grind in the NFL with the longer season, off-season camps, etc.

Anyone hinting at Kool not being a great coach in this thread is letting their emotions of the situation (or bias of terrible recruiting) get the best of them. The way he turned this Dline around was something to watch. RJ made strides as a sophomore but took it to another level this year. Djax and Trent flourished as well.

Last night i was really bothered by the news for 2 reasons.....
1 - The D was hitting it's stride and our defensive staff is green as ****, so having a respected guy with the track record of Kool was a good thing.
2 - It's f'n Bama. I'm tired of Saban and tired of Bama. I'm tired of the uneven playing field and can't stand guys who have free reign and power to do anything and everything they want without rules, limits, etc and being so smug and slimy about it. I respect the man bc he's good....he's really good.....but someone needs to bring that program to its knees.

Today though, i'm more irritated than anything. There is obviously more to the story and if Kool doesn't want to be here, then deuces. GTFO. Richt just better not give Manny autonomy and blow this hire......if we miss, this hire could really set us back. We need a name or strong presence....a respected coach who is a teacher AND recruiter. With this green D staff and the Dline talent in Florida, we need a guy who can walk into a living room and have respect of those kids/parents.

Nice guy and terrific coach. However, he always struck me as the guy who didn’t quite fit in, in relation to the rest of the staff. I haven’t heard complaints from any D-Linemen, but he seemed like a guy who has trouble relating to the type of players being recruited here. I think the NFL is where he belongs, but this is a big loss as far as coaching goes
DJ might have been on to something.....

Advertisement
Saban loves to hire UM coaches:Stoutland,Pannunzio,Cristobal,and now Kool.Smart at Georgia is not only following Saban 's formula for recruiting $$$ but has also hired UM coaches like Beard and Coley.

Advertisement
1519231824641.png

Advertisement
Saban loves to hire UM coaches:Stoutland,Pannunzio,Cristobal,and now Kool.Smart at Georgia is not only following Saban 's formula for recruiting $$$ but has also hired UM coaches like Beard and Coley.
maybe he takes little Richt next ?

Some of you have a short memory.our d line sucked before coach kool got here.we better hope whoever is hired does just as good a job coach kool did.if d performs better in 18 you could possibly add Diaz to that list.

Advertisement
Back