*Coach Kool Gone...headed to Alabama*

Advertisement
Only problem with that line of thinking is Kool isn't a beast recruiter. He's a developer of talent and under tricky Nicky he won't have to worry about much else than being just that.

I'm just glad Kool left after Nesta signed. His teaching was a major reason for Nesta signing with us.

Im posotive Saban told him Tosh would head up thebdl recruitung still. Kool will be 90 % on campus I bet.

Also pretty sure he wont be a thorn in our side down here like Coley is.

Advertisement
This was our best actual coach.

Is he replaceable, sure. Why would anyone celebrate before knowing the replacement, blind homer.
I think most are celebrating an opportunity to get better. Which it is. Not saying we will because like you said we haven’t hired his replacement. I have confidence in Richt with this.

Patrick had a ***** or two loose when he was at UM. I'll never forget the brawl in Boulder where he was out there with no helmet in the middle of it all.

Before that game, they were interviewing him about the thin air in Boulder and how UM might get gassed, and he said, "Thin air, no air, lots of air. Doesn't matter to me." The guy was a great UM character.

IIRC he had his face mask pulled off while he was on the ground, didn't a guy try to basically pick him up by the facemask and it ripped off...that was a serious donnybrook.

I think most are celebrating an opportunity to get better. Which it is. Not saying we will because like you said we haven’t hired his replacement. I have confidence in Richt with this.

How about the last hire?

Not sure why anyone is celebrating anything. This guy was the best actual coach on the staff.

Per Ivins, we will not hear anything about the new DL coach for a few weeks.

I think this is only his opinion, nothing more.

Advertisement
If he (Richt) didn't know, he should have.

Kool deserves all the scorn for being a lazy and ineffective recruiter. What concerns me going forward though is how badly Diaz and ULTIMATELY Richt dropped the ball on the D-line the last two cycles. Richt NEEDS to know how much vigor his assistants are putting forth on the trail and if they're not meeting the standard, HE needs to rectify it. It appears like Richt just handed Diaz the keys to everything defense and Manny/Kool maybe didn't see eye to eye.

The days of blaming the assistants are done. Richt needs to get more involved in the "total program" or it will be his undoing. The warning signs are there.
100%

200.gif

Advertisement
Man not going to lie, scanning social media some of our coaches are more savage than the golden era players. Why would you suck up to a coach that left you hanging in your senior season. Not saying they should blast him either just say nothing. We need more hartley mentality.

VS.

and

Thank god Richt is getting more of the former type.

Lol don’t be an idiot man. DJack is a class act. He’s not gonna bash a coach. Y’all gotta realize not everyone has that love for Miami like we do. Not everyone bleeds orange and green from a coach, player or fan standpoint. Kool did what he felt he needed to do. Richt will get it right

A small conference coach I really like...And he coached in sw fla high schools for about 15 years is:

Appalachian State--
Mark Ivey...That team is always dominant on the defensive line as far as small conferences go. Stout against the run, sacks, havoc rate type stuff.

No idea at all, I was just thinking through small conferences and they were the team that popped in my head and I remember he has FL HS coaching experience.

Advertisement
Lol don’t be an idiot man. DJack is a class act. He’s not gonna bash a coach. Y’all gotta realize not everyone has that love for Miami like we do. Not everyone bleeds orange and green from a coach, player or fan standpoint. Kool did what he felt he needed to do. Richt will get it right
learn to read bro, i said they shouldn't bash him for leaving. They should just move on no need to suck him up on social media.

Of course it is “the end” but you know you didn’t answer my question.
Wasn’t avoiding it. Just was trying to stay on point. Are you asking me about the Patke hire? If so my answer to that would be I don’t know much about him. I would probably view it more harsh now than I did then especially knowing what I know now. But I’m willing to ride with Richt on making a good hire at DL coach. If he makes a great hire I’ll be ok with it. Just because he is young and not proven doesn’t mean he won’t be good at it. Fair enough?

I'm 100% in favor of Richt snatching up Kevin Patrick it would be an upgrade from Kool all around.

The only thing that shocked me initially was the timing, if Kool was going to leave he should've done it beginning of the year when there were a lot more coaches available & every other team was adding new guys to their staff.

Imo Richt missed an opportunity to upgrade the staff when he chose Patke as the 10th assistant, now he has another opportunity to really hit a homerun with this one, don't drop the ball Richt go for blood.

Richt should be ****ed at the idea that Saban & Bama would even entertain taking this ****** Judas Jobe *** non recruiting Corch on their staff. He should show the rest of college football that if you double cross the Pastor he gets the wrath of God to reign down on you. Get a coach on this staff that will absolutely kill it on the trail.

Advertisement
Back