C'mon Kaaya (Joe Schad Tweet)

You guys getting worked up over shīt somebody says in what amounts to a job interview is hilarious.

Pretty harmless stuff. Meaningless.

Just like Brad's career here.

JK, JK.

Still mad at him for leaving, especially when he says **** like this. Oh. You thought you could win a National Championship, but you dipped to go 3-4 round because the QB competition was weak? BETA BETA BETA moves.

Meant to upvote. My apologies.

Advertisement
Bad move on his part. He took a ******* beating last year physically. I'm sure that influenced his decision some.

The irony here is that the beatings he'll take in the NFL will make the ACC look like intermural flag football. At least he will be getting paid though. Now how much is a different story. I just don't see Kaaya going before the 5th round. The two things he has going for him are that this year's QB draft is weak and secondly the NFL is hurting for QBs. Unfortunately for him he has terrible footwork, bad mechanics, slow reads, an average arm and questionable leadership ability working against him.

Also if Kaaya thought that Richt was too tough on him just wait until he gets to the NFL. Last I heard you have to be a starting QB to make the Pro Bowl and Brad has a lot of work to do just to get that opportunity.

the minute he got his eggs scrambled vs clemson in 2015 he started counting down the days until he could get outta coral gables

Advertisement
yeah Joe, I coulda won the ship and skyrocketed ion the draft, but decided to go 5th round,

Guy really sounds like Al Golden selling a rotten bag of goods and trying to prop himself up with fake news

I dislike kayak more and more everytime he opens that **** sucker he calls a mouth

i'm following mah dreamz guyz, coulda won back to back championships cuz ncaa woulda let me stay another year cuz ya know.. i'm brad ***ing kayaa

Last edited:
Kaaya has a loser attitude. Hope he absolutely sucks in the NFL so he can be Richt's prime example of why it's dumb to leave to be a fourth round pick.

Advertisement
schad's tweet was so misleading. OP should post entire exchange so ppl stop inserting their narrative into this thread. read the interview before you bash him for pro bowler comments (out of context) and comparison to dak (not entirely clear that Schad wasn't the one who brought up dak).

all that said, I'm not sure kaaya woulda raised his stock as much as ppl think. kaaya would of been de facto starter but Richt wouldn't give him as much leeway as last year's 4 game october. dude went like 40qbr and threw 5 Tds the whole month. if he had that stretch in 2017, he wouldn't of been the qb in november

schad's tweet was so misleading. OP should post entire exchange so ppl stop inserting their narrative into this thread. read the interview before you bash him for pro bowler comments (out of context) and comparison to dak (not entirely clear that Schad wasn't the one who brought up dak).

all that said, I'm not sure kaaya woulda raised his stock as much as ppl think. kaaya would of been de facto starter but Richt wouldn't give him as much leeway as last year's 4 game october. dude went like 40qbr and threw 5 Tds the whole month. if he had that stretch in 2017, he wouldn't of been the qb in november

Fair point. Schad definitely condensed the quote and shouldn't have as it obviously created an equivocation between winning a title at Miami and simply making a Pro Bowl. The entirety of the quote draws a parallel betweem winning a title here and turning pro in general and ALL the associated goals with that. He also does refer to Miami as "we" multiple times in that article. Schad should tighten up his Twiiter as I didn't think it'd be necessary to double check his postings for context. While I still think it's bad form to equate (or elevate) any personal goals over winning a championship it certainly wasn't as lame as simply comparing it to a ProBowl invite. My bad for misleading and/or not making sure Schad was putting that it proper context.

“I thought of both scenarios, but at the end of the day it was an opportunity that I’ve wanted since I was six years old — to play in the National Football League,” Kaaya said. “And while I think I could have won a national championship and a conference championship had I stayed at Miami, it’s always been a dream of mine to play in the Super Bowl — and play in an NFC Championship or AFC Championship. Be a Pro Bowler. I’ve been watching the NFL since I was 6 years old. I believed in my decision. I’m not really regretting anything. I believe in myself. I’ve believed in myself every step of the way.”

Kaaya seemed to lack leadership qualities that i'd want in a QB. That being said he made a big mistake and we would've undoubtedly better with him.

Fair point. Schad definitely condensed the quote and shouldn't have as it obviously created an equivocation between winning a title at Miami and simply making a Pro Bowl. The entirety of the quote draws a parallel betweem winning a title here and turning pro in general and ALL the associated goals with that. He also does refer to Miami as "we" multiple times in that article. Schad should tighten up his Twiiter as I didn't think it'd be necessary to double check his postings for context. While I still think it's bad form to equate (or elevate) any personal goals over winning a championship it certainly wasn't as lame as simply comparing it to a ProBowl invite. My bad for misleading and/or not making sure Schad was putting that it proper context.

“I thought of both scenarios, but at the end of the day it was an opportunity that I’ve wanted since I was six years old — to play in the National Football League,” Kaaya said. “And while I think I could have won a national championship and a conference championship had I stayed at Miami, it’s always been a dream of mine to play in the Super Bowl — and play in an NFC Championship or AFC Championship. Be a Pro Bowler. I’ve been watching the NFL since I was 6 years old. I believed in my decision. I’m not really regretting anything. I believe in myself. I’ve believed in myself every step of the way.”

Exactly. That's on Schad. If Kaaya had mentioned "Probowler" before the string of other goals, then Schad's tweet would be fine. at the end of the day kaaya did say probowler, but it was clearly a media trick to rearrange the string (and wholly leave out SB all together). twitter's a great way to convey information, and the 140 characters can limit the amount of context these guys can provide but in this case he carelessly (or intentionally) left out the context. same thing happens all the time when ppl rely quotes using "...." to create a narrative.

i do agree with your central point tho. it's really shouldn't be that hard for the players to understand all of these execs want them to be about "winning" as opposed to personal goals (even if its pretext). not saying kaaya did that here cuz imo the context shows he clearly didn't, but lots of players do shoot themselves in the foot when speaking to reporters

Advertisement
Reading that article actually made me dislike Kaaya.

Why compare himself to Prescott, when Prescott actually went back to school after having a great junior season?

I also hate how easily Kaaya has moved to "they" when discussing the Canes.

It's pretty obvious to me that Golden and Coley got Kaaya to sign by promising him the starting job and telling him he was on a 3-year plan to get to the NFL.

Y'all can pull for NFLU all you want. I pull for the college Canes. And if the QB play struggles this year, I'm blaming Kaaya.

NFL Draft 2017: Brad Kaaya dreamed of national title, but also NFL | The Daily Dolphin

Terrible job putting kaaya out there like he was a selfish player. Schad twisted his words

So you would rather he had stayed?

See, this is what's getting me. Pretty much nobody here was sorry to see him leave, but when he tries to justify leaving everybody blasts him. If you're happy he left, then don't give him **** about it and try to blame next year on him. If he sucks as bad as people think, we won't be any worse off next year with whoever we have.

It's kinda funny comparing our last few QB's.

Kaaya won't throw interceptions but he's so tentative that he takes a bunch of sacks.

Jacory threw so many bad balls - took way too many chances and threw a ton of picks.

Steven Morris had a huge arm and was the most mobile of the last 3. But had just horrible play calls and played injured half the time.

All put up big passing yards tho.

I appreciate his time at UM and wish him the best. Trashing the kid over a Tweet is serious buttfacquitry. He made his decision, he will live with it. Hopefully it's a great outcome. The program has moved on either way.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Advertisement
won't miss this kid at all. he has a loser mentality & just never understood what it was to be a Miami Hurricane.

Never could figure out WHY he came here at all. I know he had good connections with Foley, but why travel clear across the country to play for (what was then) a mediocre program with an awful coach who was bound to be canned in the very near future?

He could have done all he was able to do playing at home for the UC Santa Cruz Banana Slugs.

Last edited:
Kaaya killed it at the combine. Mayock is quoted saying he was the most polished QB there

Whitfield Jr said he had the cleanest footwork and was the most consistent passer

It's kinda funny comparing our last few QB's.

Kaaya won't throw interceptions but he's so tentative that he takes a bunch of sacks.

Jacory threw so many bad balls - took way too many chances and threw a ton of picks.

Steven Morris had a huge arm and was the most mobile of the last 3. But had just horrible play calls and played injured half the time.

All put up big passing yards tho.
All three had underperforming offensive lines and played under coaching changes which rarely benefits a college kid. Morris got sacked all the time too.

Advertisement
Back