C'mon Kaaya (Joe Schad Tweet)

It's kinda funny comparing our last few QB's.

Kaaya won't throw interceptions but he's so tentative that he takes a bunch of sacks.

Jacory threw so many bad balls - took way too many chances and threw a ton of picks.

Steven Morris had a huge arm and was the most mobile of the last 3. But had just horrible play calls and played injured half the time.

All put up big passing yards tho.

morris also couldn't throw a check down route to save his life once fisch's training-wheeled offense wasn't available. nfl-caliber arm strength with a brain still stuck in high school.

Advertisement
I always knew that Bard kaayak kid was fvcked in the head, this kind of tweet only cements my position.

With a mom as bat schit crazy as Felicia is, the poor kid never stood a chance.

BTW: Anyone know why my firefox won't display embedded tweets?

Add the countless blows to the head on top of the family dysfunction and it all makes
Sense.

I'm not a Kaaya hater in the least bit, but he clearly didn't vibe well with Richt & wasn't comfortable in this offense, his slow pocket reads & bad decision making cost us games this year, so I'm excited to see how we look with a new QB.

As far as his comment, it's just another example of poor decision making on his part, if I'm a GM interviewing him at the Combine I would simply ask him, does indivual success supersede team success for you? He would probably say no & then that would go down as a red flag in his evaluation.

Of course, it will be a moot point if our o-line is trash. I expect improvement there though.

Yep...your entire post was moot. The OL was trash. The team was pretty much hot garbage for most of his career, but obviously it was all Kaaya's fault. Despite him throwing for over 300 yards vs FSU 2 years ago...it was his fault we lost.

Wrong. Feel free to actually watch the games, bud. Kaaya not only missed but was WAY off on plenty of throws even when he had time. His completions were aided by a **** ton of screens and short throws, and his yards were aided even more heavily by a WR corps that had I believe 2000+ yards after catch. Can't remember the exact number.

I acknowledged he put up numbers against them, but also that a large part of us losing was not being clutch/having it in him to win it. In 2015, he had the ball with plenty of time and a chance to drive the field and win the game, but what does he do? Throws two balls far too low and gets it swatted twice at the line of scrimmage. Game over. In 2016, he hit Coley for a potential game-tying touchdown, but he wouldn't have even had to do that had he just NOT thrown an interception in the redzone in the third. That pick completely flipped the momentum and they came back, when we could have gone up 17 that drive and effectively ended the game. He was also off on a lot of throws that night too.

Putting up numbers (like he did) means absolutely NOTHING when you consistently choke in big games and end up with NOTHING to show for it.

If he had a team to compete he wouldn't have had to put up 500 yards against FSU and make yet another play to win the mother****in game. You are remembering whatever the **** you want to. Can't argue with some of the dumbasses on here. I'm not on the Kaaya bandwagon, but its hilarious when our QB throws for 405 yards and 3 TDs and you **** on him for blowing it. That's just ****ing retarded and I won't say anymore about it. All I'm saying is its not all on the QB, but you dumb****s gotta blame a single person. Now go on little sheep and jump on the next bandwagon outlandish statements that one of your leaders proclaims.

Lol you're a moron. I realize it wasn't all his fault, that's just ridiculous. The only sheep is you trying to defend Kaaya when he was mediocre at best here. He threw for big numbers many times in his career, but again, it doesn't mean **** if you can't actually win games with those numbers. Not just talking about his numbers against FSU so you can quit hanging onto that one tiny thread that might keep you afloat in a discussion about Kaaya. Evidently, you don't understand what the implications of that YAC stat is: the WRs did most of the work for Brad this year. If not for endless screen passes and dump-offs, he would have been LUCKY to have a 50% completion percentage.

I'm not a Kaaya hater, rather I have simply grown tired of people who just look at statistics and whine about how we're going to miss him when he's gone. Because we're not. He put up a bunch of numbers but consistently failed in crunch time. No, not a single loss was ENTIRELY his fault, but having some type of clutch factor and/or ability to put the team on your back when **** gets messy is a very important characteristic for a good QB to have. Brad had zero killer instinct, couldn't work past his first **** read 90% of the time, had **** footwork and awareness, and wet his pants at the mere thought of being pressured. Saying I'm "remembering whatever the **** I want to" is a pathetic cop-out, as there are many on this board who will corroborate what I have to say about how many throws he missed this year. When he was on, he looked great and was very accurate. However, when he was off, he would've been lucky to hit the broad side of a barn from ten feet away. Obviously there were issues with playcalling in October, but he almost single-handedly stalled a lot of drives during that four game losing streak because he was either sailing the ball over people's heads or walking into a sack. The o-line's terrible play throughout much of the season clearly didn't help, but giving him a pass for that would be just plain wrong when he proved he's perfectly capable of being a mediocre QB without their help or lack thereof.

Again, I am not a Kaaya hater, never was. I was actually a huge fan going into this season and was really high on him. I expected him to make a pretty reasonable jump as a third year starter, but he actually looked worse and even more inconsistent for a lot of the season. Coley, Njoku and Richards saved Kaaya's *** for a lot of the year with all the yards after the catch. I wish Brad well in the NFL, but I'm glad we finally get to move in a new direction now that he's gone. That's it.

Last edited:
WTF kind of logic is that lol...

Smh, like I've said in multiple threads, everyone except him knows he made a huge mistake leaving early, but I'm glad he's gone & I've already moved on.

I've defended the kid and obviously still hopes he does well as a pro but it rubbed me the wrong way to equate the two- especially when making a Pro Bowl is almost a junk accolade in today's NFL.
I'm not a Kaaya hater in the least bit, but he clearly didn't vibe well with Richt & wasn't comfortable in this offense, his slow pocket reads & bad decision making cost us games this year, so I'm excited to see how we look with a new QB.

As far as his comment, it's just another example of poor decision making on his part, if I'm a GM interviewing him at the Combine I would simply ask him, does indivual success supersede team success for you? He would probably say no & then that would go down as a red flag in his evaluation.

Of course, it will be a moot point if our o-line is trash. I expect improvement there though.

Yep...your entire post was moot. The OL was trash. The team was pretty much hot garbage for most of his career, but obviously it was all Kaaya's fault. Despite him throwing for over 300 yards vs FSU 2 years ago...it was his fault we lost.

lol anybody still making excuses for Kaaya saying the ol was trash needs to let it go, the proof is in reality. The OL wasnt good but they were better than most of the teams offensive lines we faced on our schedule. Brad Kaaya made our offensive line look 5x worse than it really was. Run Blocking was their biggest weakness, the pass blocking was good enough to get it done but Kaaya was woat in terms of pocket presence.

And yes and yes it was Kaayas fault we lost every game against FSU in his mediocre 3 years, go cry.

Advertisement
I've defended the kid and obviously still hopes he does well as a pro but it rubbed me the wrong way to equate the two- especially when making a Pro Bowl is almost a junk accolade in today's NFL.

lol anybody still making excuses for Kaaya saying the ol was trash needs to let it go, the proof is in reality. The OL wasnt good but they were better than most of the teams offensive lines we faced on our schedule. Brad Kaaya made our offensive line look 5x worse than it really was. Run Blocking was their biggest weakness, the pass blocking was good enough to get it done but Kaaya was woat in terms of pocket presence.

And yes and yes it was Kaayas fault we lost every game against FSU in his mediocre 3 years, go cry.

Butthurt fans...love it. Oh and I didn't even read that block of text above this post...useless drawn out drivel.

I remember a few years ago when Funkmaster Flex hosted a show on ESPN he asked Bernard Hopkins which three people he would choose to go to war with. Hopkins replied, "AI, TO, and B-Hop."

When Flex responded, "what about Donovan McNabb?", Hopkins replied, "you said 'go to war', not 'play hopscotch.'"

Kaaya might be a hopscotch QB.

Butthurt fans...love it. Oh and I didn't even read that block of text above this post...useless drawn out drivel.

If by the bolded section you mean FACTS that make you look like an ignorant Kaaya slurper incapable of any analysis past looking at the box score, then you would be 100% correct. Either way, this response makes you look like a pvssy who comes in hurling insults and then is too scared to follow that up with fact-based discussion to back up his stance.

Brad was a good, serviceable quarterback who could never get the Clutch Game Monkey off his back. Scouts know this, which is why I think he holds a clipboard for the next six years.

Not being able to Close The Deal against FSU is a black mark on his record with scouts, don't kid yourself. People whining about the OL need to answer this question: if you take out Kaaya and plug in Jim Kelly or Kosar, we win those games down here.

But we can't. We were stuck with Kaaya.

Advertisement
Brad was a good, serviceable quarterback who could never get the Clutch Game Monkey off his back. Scouts know this, which is why I think he holds a clipboard for the next six years.

Not being able to Close The Deal against FSU is a black mark on his record with scouts, don't kid yourself. People whining about the OL need to answer this question: if you take out Kaaya and plug in Jim Kelly or Kosar, we win those games down here.

But we can't. We were stuck with Kaaya.

Drunk kosar or young kosar??

Advertisement
Nice dream, but I would have guessed his dream would be to win MVP or a Super Bowl

Edit: (he did say Super Bowl)
“And while I think I could have won a national championship and a conference championship had I stayed at Miami, it’s always been a dream of mine to play in the Super Bowl — and play in an NFC Championship or AFC Championship. Be a Pro Bowler.

Maybe I'm old fashioned or picky here, but his lack of the word "we" in those comments is just confirmation of what I thought of his leadership

Advertisement
Back