Chris Steele wavering on official visit plans to UM

Advertisement
This is what happens when you have a CB coach in Mike Rumph who cannot recruit. How can you deny this when Rumph has now struck out on Henderson, Edwards, Jobe, Wilson, Surtain, Campbell and now Steele. At this rate, I might shockingly prefer Paul Williams over Rumph - which is awful and just shows how much of a miss he is as CB coach. Love Rumph the player, but dude belongs at FIU as a coach until proven otherwise.
You act like banda walking around landing all the db recruits, gtfoh with that nonsense

This is what happens when you have a CB coach in Mike Rumph who cannot recruit. How can you deny this when Rumph has now struck out on Henderson, Edwards, Jobe, Wilson, Surtain, Campbell and now Steele. At this rate, I might shockingly prefer Paul Williams over Rumph - which is awful and just shows how much of a miss he is as CB coach. Love Rumph the player, but dude belongs at FIU as a coach until proven otherwise.

Whoa! Most of us are concerned about Rumph's sales ability. But to say he's "struck out" on Steele is ridiculous. This is a kid from across the country with no apparent links to us. The only connection is that a poster here has suggested Steele liked us. Any reasonable fans knew our chances with him were very low.

Advertisement
Hes landing more higher level kids who weren’t cane locks than rumph, this is another year where rumph is striking out on top kids
Like who?
Gurvan Hall was leaning to Miami in his junior year. Good work banda
Keontra Smith been a big time canes fan we just never offered him.

Look ain’t nobody praising rumphs recruiting it’s been okay as has bandas. That’s just what it is

Advertisement
Like who?

Look ain’t nobody praising rumphs recruiting it’s been okay as has bandas. That’s just what it is

Bama went after hall hard same with ND and carter, when rumph couldn’t land kids he knew since kids, and the only other guys he landed where legacy or under the radar kids or super fan recruits, rumphs misses are horribly bad and it looks like it aint getting better, you keep bringing up banda like hes trash and that rumph is better when the results say otherwise

Whoa! Most of us are concerned about Rumph's sales ability. But to say he's "struck out" on Steele is ridiculous. This is a kid from across the country with no apparent links to us. The only connection is that a poster here has suggested Steele liked us. Any reasonable fans knew our chances with him were very low.

Struck out means he missed and that's exactly what he did - so it's not ridiculous at all. The kid was at the top of our board and it was well known that they were not recruiting kids in SoFla CBs hard outside of Stephenson because of out of state targets. Hartley gets his top targets, so does Dugans, even Jon Richt is positioned well for another kid even further away than Steele. So why can't Rumph get his top targets??? Because he's a ****** recruiter. Wake the **** up dude and look at the facts on who he his missed on. It's obvious.

Like who?

ScRubmphs recruiting has been trash, Banda's has been a little better. Just because we got a good class last year doesn't mean we didn't miss on options 1-3 before them, just like we will be missing on option 1-3 in this class when we dont get Stephenson, Steele or whatever that kids name is thats all Ohio state.

We were in a position to take 4 more DB's last class than we did and now we think we are in a position to take a converted running back then be picky. This staff has serious issues not only landing the best players, but also balancing the roster.

I don't care how good of a coach a guy is, he needs the elite players also to win big, bigger than we did last year and bigger than we will this year.

Hes landing more higher level kids who weren’t cane locks than rumph, this is another year where rumph is striking out on top kids
Bama went after hall hard same with ND and carter, when rumph couldn’t land kids he knew since kids, and the only other guys he landed where legacy or under the radar kids or super fan recruits, rumphs misses are horribly bad and it looks like it aint getting better, you keep bringing up banda like hes trash and that rumph is better when the results say otherwise
uga went after frierson and he was close to flipping too, who helped keep him committed? Both rumph and Banda

Advertisement
Ok that explains going to UF.. it doesn't explain visiting South Carolina over us
From my understanding the south Carolina fix is because theres a kid named kareem nixon apparently (from compton) who had todo the juco route but usce took very good care of this kid will say. Hes got people at bosco trying to persuade him. From what I'm told he'll still be coming. But you never know at this point i guess. Before this point he was very closed to outside interference with his recruitment. It was all about him and his family. Doesn't seem thats necessarily still the case. If it matters I'm told we're still looking good here...

Advertisement
ScRubmphs recruiting has been trash, Banda's has been a little better. Just because we got a good class last year doesn't mean we didn't miss on options 1-3 before them, just like we will be missing on option 1-3 in this class when we dont get Stephenson, Steele or whatever that kids name is thats all Ohio state.

We were in a position to take 4 more DB's last class than we did and now we think we are in a position to take a converted running back then be picky. This staff has serious issues not only landing the best players, but also balancing the roster.

I don't care how good of a coach a guy is, he needs the elite players also to win big, bigger than we did last year and bigger than we will this year.
Imo frierson and hall were both elite prospects at cb and safety. They were all in the top 5 in south Florida last year at db. Then we also landed Ivey who was maybe not elite but is very polished and has a high ceiling as well. Blades has the tools to be good too but needs developing.

I love the smith commit and I hope We get Stevenson but it remains to be seen. We have done much worst in db hauls over the years and even with missing Campbell who if you go back through his recruitment never seemed interested in going to Miami we still landed a talented group of kids.

So now you are giving banda props? Yea not helping your argument with that statement showing that rumph needed help with frierson
Who do you think helped rumph with gil? If you think it was any coach youd be 100% incorrect. Better yet if you think gil ever seriously wavered due to one school giving him second thoughts based on their program over ours youd be wrong again. Gil wavered over outside interference and dirty tactics. Gonna leave that right there. Yall really need to stop blaming rumph for everything. Its tiring and its only done by people who dont know any better.

Advertisement
Back