Chris Steele wavering on official visit plans to UM

Advertisement
Who do you think helped rumph with gil? If you think it was any coach youd be 100% incorrect. Better yet if you think gil ever seriously wavered due to one school giving him second thoughts based on their program over ours youd be wrong again. Gil wavered over outside interference and dirty tactics. Gonna leave that right there. Yall really need to stop blaming rumph for everything. Its tiring and its only done by people who dont know any better.

Never said that dee was stating by what he said counters his argument

Struck out means he missed and that's exactly what he did - so it's not ridiculous at all. The kid was at the top of our board and it was well known that they were not recruiting kids in SoFla CBs hard outside of Stephenson because of out of state targets. Hartley gets his top targets, so does Dugans, even Jon Richt is positioned well for another kid even further away than Steele. So why can't Rumph get his top targets??? Because he's a ****** recruiter. Wake the **** up dude and look at the facts on who he his missed on. It's obvious.

I'm well aware of his misses and I've expressed my concerns over his sales ability many times. That said, Steele isn't a good example of him "striking out." There are plenty of legit examples - Campbell, Surtain, Henderson, ugly belly, etc. Steele doesn't belong on that list.

From my understanding the south Carolina fix is because theres a kid named kareem nixon apparently (from compton) who had todo the juco route but usce took very good care of this kid will say. Hes got people at bosco trying to persuade him. From what I'm told he'll still be coming. But you never know at this point i guess. Before this point he was very closed to outside interference with his recruitment. It was all about him and his family. Doesn't seem thats necessarily still the case. If it matters I'm told we're still looking good here...
Your inside info is solid with me. If the young man changes his mind last minute then oh well.

b
I'm well aware of his misses and I've expressed my concerns over his sales ability many times. That said, Steele isn't a good example of him "striking out." There are plenty of legit examples - Campbell, Surtain, Henderson, ugly belly, etc. Steele doesn't belong on that list.
campbell is a strike out due to his obvious connection with rumph, can’t convince a kid to stay home if they want to getaway to play college ball. It’s a loss for sure but I’m not going to keep harping on about it. Cbs get beat every day B. Plus with our dline most of the dbs back there will look good regardless.

Surtain- was destined to go to LSU but surtain senior found out that Corey Raymond LSU defensive back coach interviewed for multiple nfl jobs when he told the surtain family he didn’t which rubbed them the wrong way. We made a nice push at the end but it was too late.

Henderson’s favorite coach was Mike Rumph but remember this kid grew up loving uf and for whatever reason thought that was best for him.

Advertisement
Hey Douchebag....If ya questioning Brooklyndee's integrity...ya need to STFU....I tell ya one thing....betcha your Keyboard tough guy *** wouldn't talk that crap to his face.....
No need in going through all that over this **** on here. People will believe what theyd like. It just is what it is. I honestly know better by now than to tell anyone anything anymore on here. Thats why i dont really bother any longer. They can do as they please. No harm no foul.

From my understanding the south Carolina fix is because theres a kid named kareem nixon apparently (from compton) who had todo the juco route but usce took very good care of this kid will say. Hes got people at bosco trying to persuade him. From what I'm told he'll still be coming. But you never know at this point i guess. Before this point he was very closed to outside interference with his recruitment. It was all about him and his family. Doesn't seem thats necessarily still the case. If it matters I'm told we're still looking good here...

You're really gonna die on this hill, I see. I respect that's what you're being told and don't think for a second you're just making **** up, but I've been following recruiting intently for 100 years and seen this story 1,000 times. He's not signing here.

Advertisement
You know banda is steele main recruiter right?

I don't think this is the case. Steele has said in several interviews he and his dad speak with Mike Rumph all the time and like him alot. And Manny has been out there visiting. Maybe Banda involved too since they seem to be working in multiples this cycle.

I don't think this is the case. Steele has said in several interviews he and his dad speak with Mike Rumph all the time and like him alot. And Manny has been out there visiting. Maybe Banda involved too since they seem to be working in multiples this cycle.
I think banda initiated the contact with Steele but rumph from there on has been the lead recruiter from there on

Advertisement
You're really gonna die on this hill, I see. I respect that's what you're being told and don't think for a second you're just making **** up, but I've been following recruiting intently for 100 years and seen this story 1,000 times. He's not signing here.
I wouldnt be surprised at all if he didnt sign here. Kids will be kids and in the end theyre gonna do what they wanna. Ive never said hes gonna sign here. Just how weve been looking and still look. It is what it is.

I wouldnt be surprised at all if he didnt sign here. Kids will be kids and in the end theyre gonna do what they wanna. Ive never said hes gonna sign here. Just how weve been looking and still look. It is what it is.
Hey quick question what's with the Florida hype recently? He does know this is mullens staff right I can see if it was muschamp running that defense still because I can't lie his defense was a problem was pumping out studs there but Mullens lol. If Steele comes to U he'll be a millionaire soon with his natural talent, our db coaches, and South Fla competition

Hey quick question what's with the Florida hype recently? He does know this is mullens staff right I can see if it was muschamp running that defense still because I can't lie his defense was a problem was pumping out studs there but Mullens lol. If Steele comes to U he'll be a millionaire soon with his natural talent, our db coaches, and South Fla competition
His dad is good friends with uf db coach, uf has been putting dbs in the league second round of better the last few years. Vernon Hargreaves 1st round, keanu Neal 1st round, Marcus Maye 2nd round, Jalen tabor 2nd round, Quincy Wilson 2nd round , duke Dawson 2nd round
That’s within the last 3 drafts

Advertisement
Aight; imma be 100 for a minute:

It pains me to say this, BUT, who was the last guy we had drafted in the 1st round? Artie, right? Back in 2016. The last time we had a DB drafted in the 1st round prior to Artie was in 2008, Kenny Phillips. That’s not including having some years where we didn’t have any DBs drafted at all.

Going after 5 star guys is going to take some work. I think b/c we live in the “Miami Orange and Green world,” we forget how truly eff’d we’ve been. Yes, NFL teams have been having great success w our players drafted in lower rounds, but at the end of the day, our name hasnt been ringing like that w that 1st round money.

Things are changing; but it’s going to take time. Rumph is going to have to put some 1st rounders in the league. UF have (although they all sucked or have fallen off), Auburn has, Bama and OSU def have. We need to put some quality DBs and DTs in the 1st b/c that’s what’s going to attract parents to trust their kids in our hands.

It’s much more to recruiting than just bags and relationships; yes those play a huge parts, but it’s also about what coach/school is going to set them up for life. How often have u heard recruits say they chose such & such school b/c they felt it was the best for them to develop and make it to the league?

We do well w TEs b/c we r still producing HOF caliber TEs. QB, DT, DB have been slim on the pickings at the next level. Until that changes, we’ll be in everyone’s top 7 or 10 and that’s about it. It’ll change though. This year is pivotal both on and off the field.

Aight; imma be 100 for a minute:

It pains me to say this, BUT, who was the last guy we had drafted in the 1st round? Artie, right? Back in 2016. The last time we had a DB drafted in the 1st round prior to Artie was in 2008, Kenny Phillips. That’s not including having some years where we didn’t have any DBs drafted at all.

Going after 5 star guys is going to take some work. I think b/c we live in the “Miami Orange and Green world,” we forget how truly eff’d we’ve been. Yes, NFL teams have been having great success w our players drafted in lower rounds, but at the end of the day, our name hasnt been ringing like that w that 1st round money.

Things are changing; but it’s going to take time. Rumph is going to have to put some 1st rounders in the league. UF have (although they all sucked or have fallen off), Auburn has, Bama and OSU def have. We need to put some quality DBs and DTs in the 1st b/c that’s what’s going to attract parents to trust their kids in our hands.

It’s much more to recruiting than just bags and relationships; yes those play a huge parts, but it’s also about what coach/school is going to set them up for life. How often have u heard recruits say they chose such & such school b/c they felt it was the best for them to develop and make it to the league?

We do well w TEs b/c we r still producing HOF caliber TEs. QB, DT, DB have been slim on the pickings at the next level. Until that changes, we’ll be in everyone’s top 7 or 10 and that’s about it. It’ll change though. This year is pivotal both on and off the field.

LOL - pretty sure Champ Bailey was the last UGAy DB drafted 1st round, yet Rumph got straight up lapped down here by UGA last year when they took 3 SoFla DBs. Your point is just wrong dude.

His dad is good friends with uf db coach, uf has been putting dbs in the league second round of better the last few years. Vernon Hargreaves 1st round, keanu Neal 1st round, Marcus Maye 2nd round, Jalen tabor 2nd round, Quincy Wilson 2nd round , duke Dawson 2nd round
That’s within the last 3 drafts
Yea I know those were under the two previous coaching staffs I'm just wondering the quality of dbs that Mullens coaching staff development.

LOL - pretty sure Champ Bailey was the last UGAy DB drafted 1st round, yet Rumph got straight up lapped down here by UGA last year when they took 3 SoFla DBs. Your point is just wrong dude.

Big difference:

Kirby came to UGA from Bama. Kirby can name drop all the DBs he’s sent to the NFL. Kirby can show all the rings he has. Kirby just took UGA to the national championship game.

U’re really not serious are u? Couple that w UGA having a thirsty booster association???? Blood, ur comparing apples and watermelons.

Advertisement
Back