Chris Steele wavering on official visit plans to UM

LOL - pretty sure Champ Bailey was the last UGAy DB drafted 1st round, yet Rumph got straight up lapped down here by UGA last year when they took 3 SoFla DBs. Your point is just wrong dude.

Do you really think it's Rumph? He just got out-recruited for kids he's coached but there's nothing more to it. Being a father figure couldn't land a top DB and you think this is about personality?

I don't mean to be the guy in the tinfoil hat, but it doesn't make sense. When you have the relationship and the kid likes you and the school but goes somewhere else, something's up.

Pile-of-Money.jpg

Advertisement
Do you really think it's Rumph? He just got out-recruited for kids he's coached but there's nothing more to it. Being a father figure couldn't land a top DB and you think this is about personality?

I don't mean to be the guy in the tinfoil hat, but it doesn't make sense. When you have the relationship and the kid likes you and the school but goes somewhere else, something's up.

View attachment 60407
Well ill give you all more to blame mike for since its the trend here. Next years #1 keele ringo. Kid loves the u. Mike has been to see him twice when hes went to see elijah. Theyre 30 miles apart. Mike has been begging us to give the kid an offer. Manny on the other hand said hes not giving out offers to anyone until he does personal evals. Told him were not giving out offers for 20 just yet. Well last two weeks weve gave out a **** ton of 20 offers... guess how thats being recieved. Let me guess #1 its mikes fault. #2 who cares cause its not like were gonna get a kid from arizona (even though just like with chris hes not from there)... have fun with that.

Well ill give you all more to blame mike for since its the trend here. Next years #1 keele ringo. Kid loves the u. Mike has been to see him twice when hes went to see elijah. Theyre 30 miles apart. Mike has been begging us to give the kid an offer. Manny on the other hand said hes not giving out offers to anyone until he does personal evals. Told him were not giving out offers for 20 just yet. Well last two weeks weve gave out a **** ton of 20 offers... guess how thats being recieved. Let me guess #1 its mikes fault. #2 who cares cause its not like were gonna get a kid from arizona (even though just like with chris hes not from there)... have fun with that.
Smh...

From my understanding the south Carolina fix is because theres a kid named kareem nixon apparently (from compton) who had todo the juco route but usce took very good care of this kid will say. Hes got people at bosco trying to persuade him. From what I'm told he'll still be coming. But you never know at this point i guess. Before this point he was very closed to outside interference with his recruitment. It was all about him and his family. Doesn't seem thats necessarily still the case. If it matters I'm told we're still looking good here...

Thanks dee, I hope you don't take this the wrong way. But I never thought Rumph stood a chance landing this kid, although i do believe you when you say he has/had real interest.

But when it comes to playing the game he just doesn't seem to connect with the kids. He's said it himself in past interviews that kids aren't like they use to be,

I just wanted to see Rumph develop a relationship with a top OOS DB and get him on campus, because he needs to be involved in these battles if he's ever going to become a top recruiter.

Steele, Porter, Blades were three of the kids he targeted out of state. Would be nice to see one of them on campus.

I think a lot of things people blame on Rumph are not his fault, but I'll say this: If he's not connecting with kids now, I don't think he will in the future either. That's not a skill you pick up as an adult.

Advertisement
That really blows. That kid Ringo is a monster. He's another kid we should be throwing our hat in the game early with. Of course there are plenty of 2020 FL DBs but I'm a firm believer in shooting your shot with some of the OOS studs.

His dad is good friends with uf db coach, uf has been putting dbs in the league second round of better the last few years. Vernon Hargreaves 1st round, keanu Neal 1st round, Marcus Maye 2nd round, Jalen tabor 2nd round, Quincy Wilson 2nd round , duke Dawson 2nd round
That’s within the last 3 drafts

Im pretty sure tabor went later than the second round

Advertisement
I have no idea why we'd even try and rationalize recruiting this kid further. Move on.
This is the whole problem with all this social media ****. I dont blame you guys for feeling what you feel. However if all you know as a casual observer is a INFINITELY small piece of whats going on than we need to learn not to sabotage the possible end result... Sure we all wanna be heard and we all wanna feel were either helping our school or telling a kid **** em as we express our pain. But sometimes expressing our pain isnt warranted. Its a temporary relief to you that just possibly may affect certain oppurtunities still present. At the end of the day take off on whoever. We just need to learn until WE KNOW the end result dont jump to conclusions. Whether we like it or not RECRUITING IS FLUID

Also with this whole rumph bashing thing. How many of yall really believe recruiting is so difficult? How many different approaches do you really think can be had to the same kids over and over? The kid wants money. Kid wants a mentor. Kid has daddy issues. Nfl results,college results,fanbase,celeb following,etc... Point is how imaginitive do you feel ANY COACH truly is? Do you REALLY feel one coach is just so much better than ALL the others and thats why a kid commits there? Lmfao Please PLEASE open yall eyes and see lil more to all this than what a coach has to say...

Also with this whole rumph bashing thing. How many of yall really believe recruiting is so difficult? How many different approaches do you really think can be had to the same kids over and over? The kid wants money. Kid wants a mentor. Kid has daddy issues. Nfl results,college results,fanbase,celeb following,etc... Point is how imaginitive do you feel ANY COACH truly is? Do you REALLY feel one coach is just so much better than ALL the others and thats why a kid commits there? Lmfao Please PLEASE open yall eyes and see lil more to all this than what a coach has to say...
That's fair. I think the issue is that he's basically become a tease to our fanbase. Other than you, who I absolutely trust, saying he has interest, it's been hard to gauge from Steele. I think we all have very little hope left but one visit could change that.

Advertisement
I thought recruiting pitches were limited to the options I saw on NCAA Football on my PS3... or what was in He Got Game.

So you are saying "in theory" that Hartley is indeed our bagman? In theory.

Just curious.

[

Thank you for saying this. Every time I read one of those Rumph bashing posts I want to ask what they would do differently. If the kid wants "incentives" or something else, or just doesn't want to be a cane there is NOTHING that can be said by anyone.

Advertisement
That's fair. I think the issue is that he's basically become a tease to our fanbase. Other than you, who I absolutely trust, saying he has interest, it's been hard to gauge from Steele. I think we all have very little hope left but one visit could change that.
I feel you. But question for you who believe all the social media or crystal balls or interviews really makes a difference. So with what you just mentioned as me being the only one telling you,now think back to my own nephew last year. Every one of yall was saying the same thing about him. Hes a cali kid. We got no real shot. He talks about this school and that school. Says hes gonna commit wherever after he does all his officials... etc. Guess what. None of it was true. He was a silent here for almost 3 months before he made it official. Did 2 interviews between pete & the prodigy ivins where he did nothing but talk up other schools and mention coaches and visits he couldnt wait to take... all that time wed all sit back and laugh at the responses. I could go on and on with kids i know the exact same story of. This is why i tell yall this social media **** messes up yalls head and sabotages us. Plenty of kids say one thing or another (not giving specific examples) simply because one school is paying them for a certain end result and theyre just playing along trying to collect checks. Thats a VERY common occurrence. Not at all saying thats whats happening here. AGAIN I DONT KNOW IF HES GONNA COMMIT HERE OR NOT. I just know we still feel good about him no matter what may happen now.

any timetable on when Diaz plans to send out an offer to Ringo and any other 2020 kids? @Brooklyndee I've noticed we've sent out a bunch of 2020 offers recently but most of them to players on offense

ITT, we have an insider suggesting either A) there is no such thing as elite recruiters and poor recruiters as if an ability to create a relationship and build trust isn't a skill, that it boils down to luck and/or B) the recruiter on our staff that is elite is actually just the one that is providing the additional incentives.

Awesome.

Advertisement
Back