Chris Johnson, Jr. senior highlights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Front runner not a grinder but at least he's being honest he but ole miss 8-4 with multiple bad losses so I'm not sure what winning program is he signing with next month
He says He's not feeling Ole Miss as much anymore because of how Lane has been flirting with Auburn. Then says Clemson is now his #1 team and everybody else is fighting for #2

He says He's not feeling Ole Miss as much anymore because of how Lane has been flirting with Auburn. Then says Clemson is now his #1 team and everybody else is fighting for #2
Well can't blame him with Clemson recent track record that makes more sense than ole miss

Reminds me of De'Anthony Thomas coming out of high school. Thomas had a little more pop and suddenness coming out of HS but that's my comp

The school is wasting resources recruiting the majority of these South Florida kids.

Pick a hand full every year and focus on character, hard work, and athleticism.

The football culture down here is rotten to its core.

He's an offensive recruit.

Be honest, would you come here right now, today, as we're discussing this?

Hopefully Gattis is canned, we get a good replacement, and maybe things change. None of this has happened yet, so explain to me what the problem is.

He's not a character issue kid, we wouldn't be on him if he was. He's got athleticism, but maybe doesn't have a position. Hard work, again we wouldn't be recruiting him if he was known to be lazy.

So he meets all of the criteria you posted. What's been Rotten is our performance and you can bet that's the issue. We used to ***** that players would sell out for money, now we're paying it big. There's always some **** excuse when the problem is right there in front of you. It's us and the ****** product we're showing and selling.

I actually don't care one way or another about this recruitment. I'm not a big fan, he's got speed, but does he have a position. Still, let's not invent things about him or his recruitment. He's wisely considering all options, as he should, and he didn't give us a placeholder verbal while he was still unsure.

I can respect how he's gone about the process. Same with other recruits. Show then why they should come here. We've gotta earn their verbal, it's not some damned right we have just because they're local.

Advertisement
He's an offensive recruit.

Be honest, would you come here right now, today, as we're discussing this?

Hopefully Gattis is canned, we get a good replacement, and maybe things change. None of this has happened yet, so explain to me what the problem is.

He's not a character issue kid, we wouldn't be on him if he was. He's got athleticism, but maybe doesn't have a position. Hard work, again we wouldn't be recruiting him if he was known to be lazy.

So he meets all of the criteria you posted. What's been Rotten is our performance and you can bet that's the issue. We used to ***** that players would sell out for money, now we're paying it big. There's always some **** excuse when the problem is right there in front of you. It's us and the ****** product we're showing and selling.

I actually don't care one way or another about this recruitment. I'm not a big fan, he's got speed, but does he have a position. Still, let's not invent things about him or his recruitment. He's wisely considering all options, as he should, and he didn't give us a placeholder verbal while he was still unsure.

I can respect how he's gone about the process. Same with other recruits. Show then why they should come here. We've gotta earn their verbal, it's not some damned right we have just because they're local.
You have valid points here, no arguing that. However so does @Ghandi . The late great LCE has been campaigning for years for us to expand our recruiting footprint to national and not be so focused on the "State of Miami". Yes, trying to get the best of the best in your backyard is a must and will continue, as it should. But our rosters need to be littered with players from all over the country.

"State of Miami" was done during a time where the glitz and glamor of the SEC and it's reign on CFB didn't exist.

Glad he threw it out there early gives us enough time to secure 1 hs running back...AND GET 1 IN THE PORTAL.

They already figured this though considering they been contacting the nc state commit 2 to 3 times a week and trying to flip him.

Advertisement
This 100%
there is nothing wrong w CJs character that we know about so stop trashing him. he doesn't want to come here bc our offense sucks and Mario hasn't publicly fired the failing oC yet. we also went 5-7. you guys complain about OM or Clemson, but were way worse than both. were a third-fourth place coastal team on average. win and they come.

Mario has his work cut out for him...that we know for sure. The fact that we can't land the 4th or 5th best RB in your state is quite the result we get when our offense looked the way it did.

In fairness though, if TVD doesn't get hurt, our offense and W/L record looks vastly different. Once the scheme changes were implemented after the MTSU disaster, we win the Duke game, FSU game is 50/50 with TVD similar to the UNC game, and we win the Pitt game. That's 7-5 or 8-4 if we win vs FSU with TVD. Looking at a possible 8 or 9 win season with a decimated roster with a bowl win. Completely changes the narrative on our season, which makes it an easy choice for this kid.

Going 5-7, regardless of our QB injury luck, is going to scare some guys away....doesn't mean he's not built for it or his character is flawed etc etc etc....just means he's more comfortable going to a program he sees as currently stabilized, which we have to respect.

Mario has his work cut out for him...that we know for sure. The fact that we can't land the 4th or 5th best RB in your state is quite the result we get when our offense looked the way it did.

In fairness though, if TVD doesn't get hurt, our offense and W/L record looks vastly different. Once the scheme changes were implemented after the MTSU disaster, we win the Duke game, FSU game is 50/50 with TVD similar to the UNC game, and we win the Pitt game. That's 7-5 or 8-4 if we win vs FSU with TVD. Looking at a possible 8 or 9 win season with a decimated roster with a bowl win. Completely changes the narrative on our season, which makes it an easy choice for this kid.

Going 5-7, regardless of our QB injury luck, is going to scare some guys away....doesn't mean he's not built for it or his character is flawed etc etc etc....just means he's more comfortable going to a program he sees as currently stabilized, which we have to respect.
I wish I could be as optimistic as you but i think you are giving Gattis to much credit.

Advertisement
I wish I could be as optimistic as you but i think you are giving Gattis to much credit.
Make no mistake about it...Gattis is gone and needs to be gone. Performance based and WR coaching based. I expect a separation announcement next week

The school is wasting resources recruiting the majority of these South Florida kids.

Pick a hand full every year and focus on character, hard work, and athleticism.

The football culture down here is rotten to its core.
Yes the football culture starting with Miami’s… we don’t have a right to kids cause they’re from here if we stink for going on 21 years. We need to earn it too

Advertisement
Kid was honest. Can’t fault him. We suck until proven otherwise

we suck again GIF

there is nothing wrong w CJs character that we know about so stop trashing him. he doesn't want to come here bc our offense sucks and Mario hasn't publicly fired the failing oC yet. we also went 5-7. you guys complain about OM or Clemson, but were way worse than both. were a third-fourth place coastal team on average. win and they come.
I'm sure he knows Mario is upgrading the OL with top notch talent. There was no need to put Miami in his mouth with those negative comments imo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back