Chris Johnson, Jr. senior highlights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
With the portal, or even another HS RB, he won't need to be a "traditional" running back here. We step closer to positionless skill players with each passing year.

Deebo is the new gadget flavor, fack Percy Harvin. Just get this man's LOI and scheme him touches in open space...wont need 20 carries in a game when 1 play alone can dust an entire defense and assassinate their angles to the tune of 50+ yards at any given moment.

Advertisement
A guy like him getting 10-15 touches a game in the return game , run game , receiving, is worth a spot. Is he a “ traditional rb”? I don’t even know what that is anymore with how offense is now ran in space. Will he be a horse that hammers the ball between the tackles 20 +times a game? No….but how many guys do that in todays college football ? I can see a 5’10 190 apb in a couple years that adds what we’ve been missing…..speed and explosive plays. That way we don’t have to depend on 60 yard , 15 play drives because the offense lacks explosive home run hitters. Which makes the offensive have to be perfect every drive and not playing behind the chains.

He won’t be the only back in this class so there’s no need to worry about that. We’ll either have two HS backs or one HS and one portal. And I expect some high level backs to hit the portal.

Mario is focusing on playmakers and CJ is that.
Lol offense in space. Sure would be nice. . .

South Florida has produced many of these electric prospects over the course of our run of mediocrity…. We have missed or didn’t bother recruiting 99% of them. That has to change.

Our team is deathly slow

Advertisement
It is interesting looking at the top fla players over the last 5 years it has been alot of busts

South Florida has produced many of these electric prospects over the course of our run of mediocrity…. We have missed or didn’t bother recruiting 99% of them. That has to change.

Our team is deathly slow
This! Just look at the nfl on any given Sunday, and you will find most of em.

Advertisement
If he can come in and learn from parrish that would be great. If he can pick up pass pro in college he will be a valuable asset with all he brings to the table. I agree with cribby just get him 10-15 touches a game through the slot, back field all of it.

You want more explosive plays and points? Chris Johnson is your guy. He's not every down back who will grind out 4-5 yard runs, but he can take anyplace the distance. I would put the full court Ruiz press on this kid.

Much improved from his junior film. We knew he was versatile, but now he looks like he can play RB. Inside and outside runs. Setting up his blocks. Showing improved vision and strength. Really good balance.

Make him a Cane and then bring in a creative OC who can maximize his skill set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back