Chris Johnson, Jr. senior highlights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
This corny **** makes y'all grown men sound so butthurt.

Chris is all character, hard work and athleticism.

Y'all think every time a kid doesn't choose YOUR favorite program he's "overrated" or has character issues. 🙄 Like we didn't just look abysmal on offense for an entire season and completely fail to use our RB's in the passing game. SMH

LOL @ wasting resources.
The football culture down here is rotten because a RB has doubts about playing for one of the worst offenses in the country?
Make that make sense. I'll wait.
The problem Coach is a lot of people on this board want these kids to treat UM the way that kids living near college towns treat their home town programs.
Let me give you an example From growing up in Ann Arbor.

Michigan can be 2-10 and every young man from Southeast Michigan, and really from the state is still dying to attend Michigna, even if recruited by every other program in the country. That is a fact.

But living in Miami is like living in Los Angeles. When USC is not good, kids from LA are pretty open to leaving the area to play college sports. I won’t say that these kids have less loyalty than the Michigan kids, but I will say that college town universities create a very different atmosphere than big city universities. And in turn have more “loyalty”. The idea that no matter what, that is where I am playing. Duke Johnson style.

Dabo was a first time head coach. mario is a 10 year vet. there is a huge diff between an interim HC who was a career position coach learning on the job and a guy who has HCed two diff programs. the expectations are far higher. clemsons off years now are 10 win seasons. marios best seasons are 10 win seasons. thats the diff. when you also win two titles and be a consistent playoff contender, it buys you some leeway too. i also didnt say they were NC caliber this year. anyone who watched them this year could tell you that. their offense stinks w DJ. i disagree about being lucky to win it again. their back up freshman QB is very good and once he gets the reigns, i think clemson will be back up there again.
It's not much different Mario took over a phucked up culture it takes time to get his guys in place....Sabin went 7-6 first year signed a great recruiting class and has never looked back...If you think Miami is going to be down that's on you bro....The recruiting this year is much different in the trenches where it counts most...with or without CJ the running game will definitely improve....

It's not much different Mario took over a phucked up culture it takes time to get his guys in place....Sabin went 7-6 first year signed a great recruiting class and has never looked back...If you think Miami is going to be down that's on you bro....The recruiting this year is much different in the trenches where it counts most...with or without CJ the running game will definitely improve....
LOL man i never knew saban went 7-6 lol. mario isnt saban lol. hes not close (sorry to burst your bubble). hes never won anything remotely close to nick when nick got to bama. he also still went 7-6 and not 5-7 which is a 2 game improvement over mario in year 1 at miami. mario may do very well here but hes not nick and never will be nick. no one will be nick saban in cfb.

look closer at his 7-6. he beat ranked teams that year and didnt get smoked by a much easier schedule lol.

also, it is diff when a first time HC is learning on the job and going through pains vs a guy who we thought should be better than this in tersm of staff building. the same rotten culture never gave up on a fired HC last year while they quit on these guys this year. the whole thing is rotten and that includes the coaching staff that mario hired.

dabo fired steele and revamped his staff. lets see if mario if does the same w his coordinators.

I want CJJ in the class, he has elite traits. But I can't blame him going to Ole Miss after wat Judkins has done as a freshman.

I can't blame players for going to places that appear to be great fits. That being said the places that look like horrible fits like Shemar to A&M or a WR going to UGA or Michigan annoys the **** out of me.

Advertisement
LOL man i never knew saban went 7-6 lol. mario isnt saban lol. hes not close (sorry to burst your bubble). hes never won anything remotely close to nick when nick got to bama. he also still went 7-6 and not 5-7 which is a 2 game improvement over mario in year 1 at miami. mario may do very well here but hes not nick and never will be nick. no one will be nick saban in cfb.

look closer at his 7-6. he beat ranked teams that year and didnt get smoked by a much easier schedule lol.

also, it is diff when a first time HC is learning on the job and going through pains vs a guy who we thought should be better than this in tersm of staff building. the same rotten culture never gave up on a fired HC last year while they quit on these guys this year. the whole thing is rotten and that includes the coaching staff that mario hired.

dabo fired steele and revamped his staff. lets see if mario if does the same w his coordinators.
He lost to You-Lah-Lah, ULL, the University of Louisiana - Lafayette. At home. That's his MTSU. After the game he said it was the best thing that could've happened to that team.

I want CJJ in the class, he has elite traits. But I can't blame him going to Ole Miss after wat Judkins has done as a freshman.

I can't blame players for going to places that appear to be great fits. That being said the places that look like horrible fits like Shemar to A&M or a WR going to UGA or Michigan annoys the **** out of me.
Shemar won't be at A&M much longer....

He lost to You-Lah-Lah, ULL, the University of Louisiana - Lafayette. At home. That's his MTSU. After the game he said it was the best thing that could've happened to that team.
lmfao. this baord is a walking cliche. every time we get a caoch who does a **** job, well see nick saban lost to ULL in year 1 and went 7-6 till we find out theyre just bums and not the greatest coach of all time

Advertisement
no ****. we all know what happened to nick at bama. its a running joke bringing it up. we make fun of clowns that keep doing this stupid nonsense w bama in year 1 w nick.

You keep changing the subject trying to make a point lol....you ever think about Dabo losing Venables and Elliott may have caused him to take a step back? Most people think Clemson is on the down swing of national prominence...you keep bringing up Mario's past without talking about Clemson losing it's dominant edge....If you want to talk about the past.. Mario help Sabin build his OL dynasty and solidify his sfla recruiting pipeline...Mario will do the same with the interior at Miami....his track record speaks for itself....He may never win a NC but nobody in their right mind can truly believe he's not capable of getting us close...

You keep changing the subject trying to make a point lol....you ever think about Dabo losing Venables and Elliott may have caused him to take a step back? Most people think Clemson is on the down swing of national prominence...you keep bringing up Mario's past without talking about Clemson losing it's dominant edge....If you want to talk about the past.. Mario help Sabin build his OL dynasty and solidify his sfla recruiting pipeline...Mario will do the same with the interior at Miami....his track record speaks for itself....He may never win a NC but I nobody can truly believe he's not capable of getting us close...
his defense was fine this year in their first year post BV. their offense had elliot last year and was worse (actually DJ was way worse and he acknwoeldged that he lost weight etc to get more in shape to improve). i think DJ isnt good and their offense suffered due to QB play along w other misses in recruiting. look at how they perform w their freshman QB in their as a full time starter. rememebr, clemson has had three diff OCs once dabo made staff changes due to them being poached (Jeff Scott, Elliot, and chad morris so it wasnt like elliot was there as the OC for 100 years w dabo). are we ignoring that too? the only consistent on their staff was BV really once they fired steele and this is their first year post BV. the OCs have been turned out a few times (morris got an HC job, scott did too, and now elliot).

i also said a lot that mario will have us better from a talent standpoint and will build a great OL. i never doubt mario on OL and recruiting. its literally his claim to fame and hes proven that.

his defense was fine this year in their first year post BV. their offense had elliot last year and was worse (actually DJ was way worse and he acknwoeldged that he lost weight etc to get more in shape to improve). i think DJ isnt good and their offense suffered due to QB play along w other misses in recruiting. look at how they perform w their freshman QB in their as a full time starter. rememebr, clemson has had three diff OCs once dabo made staff changes due to them being poached (Jeff Scott, Elliot, and chad morris so it wasnt like elliot was there as the OC for 100 years w dabo). are we ignoring that too? the only consistent on their staff was BV really once they fired steele and this is their first year post BV. the OCs have been turned out a few times (morris got an HC job, scott did too, and now elliot).

i also said a lot that mario will have us better from a talent standpoint and will build a great OL. i never doubt mario on OL and recruiting. its literally his claim to fame and hes proven that.
You actually watched every Clemson game? You claim Mario hasn't done it on the big stage then say Clemson's coordinators are doing fine without getting them back to the playoffs? They haven't proved anything on the big stage to place them on a national scale. You're basing your "winning" debate off the past...the hire from within approach doesn't always workout bro...

Advertisement
lmfao. this baord is a walking cliche. every time we get a caoch who does a **** job, well see nick saban lost to ULL in year 1 and went 7-6 till we find out theyre just bums and not the greatest coach of all time
True. It's also true the same retort you just made is the defacto follow-on...

Losing the first year, doesnt mean you will turn it around. Winning the first year doesnt mean you will continue. Fuentes went into VT and won the Coastal and 10 games. Dykes goes to TCU and a well built, well coached roster goes 12-0. Built by Patterson, with great culture. Can Dykes rebuild that 4 years from now? Left to be seen. One thing i wont question is Mario knows how to build a roster. If you dont trust the coaching or the hires trust that. He knows what it supposed to look like. Highsmith knows as well. No two teams start at the same level. Saban and Smart won double digit games 2nd year. They had lots of talent, still struggled first year. We gave up 40 points 4 times in 7 games at home. This is not acceptable. And lets not speak of the offense. This is clearly not just talent, and its clearly not just coaching. Its cohesion, effort, buy in. All of those intangibles. This team does not have it, and they ever did. Not now and not when Diaz was here.

I trust Mario to retool the operation, as well as self evaluate. The first step in fixing this so we can properly judge is getting the roster right. Stop speaking in absolutes that this is what we are always gonna be. Also stop defending the indefensible like how anaemic our offense was or losing 5 consecutive games at home.

Advertisement
We have a great class. We also have a class that lacks any rbs and lacks at wrs. Both are true. Skill positions have stayed away from us on offense
I mean think about it objectively. Take off the O&G glasses for a min. If this was YOUR child, or if you were banking on a school to showcase his talents, to win football games, and help him get noticed so that he can have the chance to go to the next level and really get paid... but you just witnessed the abortion of an offense that we trotted out there every Saturday. Would you trust the coaching staff that YOU just watched **** the bed **** near every week.... enough to send your son there? Be honest! Your sons' and ****, your maybe your family's immediate future is possibly riding on this one decision. You letting him sign with THIS staff, right now? The ONLY way I'm even contemplating it, is if I am a die hard Miami fan (I AM!!!) or I am a firm believer in Mario getting this thing turned around (I am... but are these parents?). This is potentially a multi million dollar decision. Bruh... we just went 5-7. Think about it! SERIOUSLY!!! Would you? Now you can put the O&G glasses back on.

the RBs are a puzzle to me... i know our offense was a disaster this year but everybody knows that Mario wants an elite running team and will have an elite OL blocking... so i'm a little surprised we haven't had one commit yet..

also, as @DMoney said on his podcast last week, it seems like the most likely RB is changing every week... as of last Wednesday, he said he thought Chris Johnson Jr was the most likely to be in the class... then here we are, not even a week later, and it seems like Johnson is less likely and Fletcher is more likely..

personally i think Fletcher makes more sense in that he's a traditional RB and can commit to Mario knowing Mario wants to run the ball and will build a great OL...

Johnson should wait and see what kind of OC we end up with..

Losing the first year, doesnt mean you will turn it around. Winning the first year doesnt mean you will continue. Fuentes went into VT and won the Coastal and 10 games. Dykes goes to TCU and a well built, well coached roster goes 12-0. Built by Patterson, with great culture. Can Dykes rebuild that 4 years from now? Left to be seen. One thing i wont question is Mario knows how to build a roster. If you dont trust the coaching or the hires trust that. He knows what it supposed to look like. Highsmith knows as well. No two teams start at the same level. Saban and Smart won double digit games 2nd year. They had lots of talent, still struggled first year. We gave up 40 points 4 times in 7 games at home. This is not acceptable. And lets not speak of the offense. This is clearly not just talent, and its clearly not just coaching. Its cohesion, effort, buy in. All of those intangibles. This team does not have it, and they ever did. Not now and not when Diaz was here.

I trust Mario to retool the operation, as well as self evaluate. The first step in fixing this so we can properly judge is getting the roster right. Stop speaking in absolutes that this is what we are always gonna be. Also stop defending the indefensible like how anaemic our offense was or losing 5 consecutive games at home.
dont disagree but look at tcu the last 4 years record wise. bama wasnt good forever until saban took over. smart prolly the best comparison to how mario wants to build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back