Chris Johnson, Jr. senior highlights

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure he knows Mario is upgrading the OL with top notch talent. There was no need to put Miami in his mouth with those negative comments imo...
if he wanted to see results (and he never committed here) then thats how he felt. nothing is negative lol. we suck. mario sucked this year. we are a 5-7 putrid team that got blown out 4 times at home w a relatively easy schedule. these are the facts from this season. it is what it is. we cant be so sensitive if kids dont want to come to a losing program which is what we are now

Advertisement
Dave Chappelle GIF

He knows we are upgrading our rb room. Meanwhile, CJ Spiller has not been a good recruiter at Clemson. Their rb room is thin. CJ Spiller has yet to sign a RB since he was hired as RB coach. Clemson doesn't sign portal players either. Plus they have a recent history of having a better offense than ours.

I think he knows something we all dont, and is deciding to distance himself now for other programs to kick up the interest. All speculation, but maybe we're good at RB already?

I know @Cribby says not to worry about RB and we’ll be good there but I’m still pretty surprised how poorly we’ve recruited the position considering it’s a team that everyone knows wants to run the ball behind an elite OL and we’ve done a pretty good job recruiting other positions.

Advertisement
I know @Cribby says not to worry about RB and we’ll be good there but I’m still pretty surprised how poorly we’ve recruited the position considering it’s a team that everyone knows wants to run the ball behind an elite OL and we’ve done a pretty good job recruiting other positions.
Honestly surprised we’ve given Smith such a large leash, but I’ll reserve judgement until this cycle is over. Still plenty of time to land Fletcher or someone of quality - especially with the bodies on the o-line that we’ve got locked up.

I said it over the summer he’s the best of all 3 backs we were looking at. Must get.

The school is wasting resources recruiting the majority of these South Florida kids.

Pick a hand full every year and focus on character, hard work, and athleticism.

The football culture down here is rotten to its core.
This corny **** makes y'all grown men sound so butthurt.

Chris is all character, hard work and athleticism.

Y'all think every time a kid doesn't choose YOUR favorite program he's "overrated" or has character issues. 🙄 Like we didn't just look abysmal on offense for an entire season and completely fail to use our RB's in the passing game. SMH

LOL @ wasting resources.
The football culture down here is rotten because a RB has doubts about playing for one of the worst offenses in the country?
Make that make sense. I'll wait.

Advertisement

Y'all think every time a kid doesn't choose YOUR favorite program he's "overrated" or has character issues. 🙄 Like we didn't just look abysmal on offense for an entire season and completely fail to use our RB's in the passing game. SMH

LOL @ wasting resources.
The football culture down here is rotten because a RB has doubts about playing for one of the worst offenses in the country?
I don’t necessarily agree with Ghandi, in those terms. However, there is some objective truth to what he is saying.

Right now these are facts: we are an embarrassing product on the field, particularly on offense; we also have a top ten recruiting class, with a very high rating per player average; and most of those studs are out of state (of Miami)

Thus, we have a bunch of non-south Florida guys willing to come to a program for the specific purpose of building something out of nothing. Is it a confidence that south Florida studs don’t want to come here and build a winner? The objective facts say it’s not a coincidence—both historically and currently.

I get that you feel the need to protect your guy’s honor : on a message board:: but wasn’t it you who went on a tirade about giving coaches time to get their systems working? Seems inconsistent. This kid, like most other south Florida studs, is unwilling to join a rebuild. He said it himself. He wants to join a winner.

Does that mean he lacks character or whatever? I wouldn’t say so. I would say it means only what it means—they want to play for winners.

if he wanted to see results (and he never committed here) then thats how he felt. nothing is negative lol. we suck. mario sucked this year. we are a 5-7 putrid team that got blown out 4 times at home w a relatively easy schedule. these are the facts from this season. it is what it is. we cant be so sensitive if kids dont want to come to a losing program which is what we are now
You honestly believe Miami will be a losing program once we upgrade the trenches? Kid is looking at it wrong imo Mario is a proven winner everywhere he's coached....he can be a part of a class that's going to change the culture....if he wants to go elsewhere that's on him....but kids can't expect fans to react a certain way after they publicly $h!t on Miami....it goes both ways once you put it out there....that's why I said its best to keep "negative" Miami comments out of his mouth and keep going....

LOL @ wasting resources.

So it’s just Johnson then?

All of the kids down are - ALL OF THEM - are front runners. They’ll transfer from school to school for an extra win or two in the playoffs, or try to latch on to a winner for local clout.

How do you explain the consolidation of talent on rosters like AHS, Aquinas, and Chaminade? Let me guess, it’s all about quality of education? It sure as **** ain’t coaching since what kids get down here is pretty abysmal as it is.

I know what you’re doing and it’s fine. You coach with the kids dad. I get it.

Advertisement

LOL @ wasting resources.
I actually think it shows great character and courage to tell a school they’re done rather than have them continue to spend money recruiting you even if that’s Miami

You honestly believe Miami will be a losing program once we upgrade the trenches? Kid is looking at it wrong imo Mario is a proven winner everywhere he's coached....he can be a part of a class that's going to change the culture....if he wants to go elsewhere that's on him....but kids can't expect fans to react a certain way after they publicly $h!t on Miami....it goes both ways once you put it out there....that's why I said its best to keep "negative" Miami comments out of his mouth and keep going....
Mario has won but he isn’t a title winner. He’s never won on the big stage. Also, maybe he won’t buy the bs bc he saw us finish 5-7 up close and look poorly coached and a team that quit along w 19 other seasons of ****. Meanwhile, clemsons worst seasons now are still 10 win seasons. Look at it objectively. We have to prove it on the field and thsy includes Mario. He won elsewhere. Here he’s a loser after his first season. He has a chance next year w a new oc

I don’t necessarily agree with Ghandi, in those terms. However, there is some objective truth to what he is saying.

Right now these are facts: we are an embarrassing product on the field, particularly on offense; we also have a top ten recruiting class, with a very high rating per player average; and most of those studs are out of state (of Miami)

Thus, we have a bunch of non-south Florida guys willing to come to a program for the specific purpose of building something out of nothing. Is it a confidence that south Florida studs don’t want to come here and build a winner? The objective facts say it’s not a coincidence—both historically and currently.

I get that you feel the need to protect your guy’s honor : on a message board:: but wasn’t it you who went on a tirade about giving coaches time to get their systems working? Seems inconsistent. This kid, like most other south Florida studs, is unwilling to join a rebuild. He said it himself. He wants to join a winner.

Does that mean he lacks character or whatever? I wouldn’t say so. I would say it means only what it means—they want to play for winners.
We have a great class. We also have a class that lacks any rbs and lacks at wrs. Both are true. Skill positions have stayed away from us on offense

Advertisement
The school is wasting resources recruiting the majority of these South Florida kids.

Pick a hand full every year and focus on character, hard work, and athleticism.

The football culture down here is rotten to its core.

Agree and disagree. While the culture is rotten, the issue isn’t (for the most part) with the kids. The issue is around the hanger-ons, family, etc. THAT is the issue. I’m sure CJ is a swell kid but sometimes these swell kids have people in their camp that aren’t as swell as the kid.

Mario has won but he isn’t a title winner. He’s never won on the big stage. Also, maybe he won’t buy the bs bc he saw us finish 5-7 up close and look poorly coached and a team that quit along w 19 other seasons of ****. Meanwhile, clemsons worst seasons now are still 10 win seasons. Look at it objectively. We have to prove it on the field and thsy includes Mario. He won elsewhere. Here he’s a loser after his first season. He has a chance next year w a new oc
Dabo didn't win at first will be lucky to win another title at Clemson imo......Venables and Elliot were huge losses his new coordinators have to prove they can do the same....You put down Mario for having 10 win seasons without a national title... then say Clemson recent 10 win seasons are good lol... Clemson won in 4 years ago with a superstar QB and top-notch DC... last two times on the big stage got beat twice.... Clemson is better than Miami....but losing to NC St, Pitt, Notre Dame and SC past two seasons.... isn't what I'd call national championship caliber ...

Dabo didn't win at first will be lucky to win another title at Clemson imo......Venables and Elliot were huge losses his new coordinators have to prove they can do the same....You put down Mario for having 10 win seasons without a national title... then say Clemson recent 10 win seasons are good lol... Clemson won in 4 years ago with a superstar QB and top-notch DC... last two times on the big stage got beat twice.... Clemson is better than Miami....but losing to Notre Dame and SC isn't what I'd call national championship caliber...
dabo was a first time HC. mario is a 10 year vet. there is a huge diff between an interim HC who was a career position coach learning on the job and a guy who has HCed two diff programs. the expectations are far higher. clemsons off years now are 10 win seasons. marios best seasons are 10 win seasons. thats the diff. when you also win two titles and be a consistent playoff contender, it buys you some leeway too. i also didnt say they were NC caliber this year. anyone who watched them this year could tell you that. their offense stinks w DJ. i disagree about being lucky to win it again. their back up freshman QB is very good and once he gets the reigns, i think clemson will be back up there again.

We have a great class. We also have a class that lacks any rbs and lacks at wrs. Both are true. Skill positions have stayed away from us on offense
Yes. This helps my point, considering our top targets have been local guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back