Charlie Strong is an analyst at Bama

Advertisement
Advertisement
The message is that Manny had to put together a staff rather quickly after Richt retired and in the process brought on coaches that were under-qualified. Lashlee is a quality coordinator. Strong's resume speaks for itself. Give him the right $ and he will come.
but there is zero evidence that can actually coach a D in todays CFB

I mean he didn't really need to make any changes as far as DC goes last year...we could argue that our guy Rumph should've gotten the boot but Baker has badly regressed going from 2019 to 2020. And Manny sees it...he has gotten the attention of SoFLA by doing whatever it takes to win, hence the 1 and one Enos hire. Now if he doesn't do anything and allows Baker to stay as DC, then we'll have our answer.

I do believe that some of the DC names being thrown out there not being hired yet is telling....I think they're waiting to see if Manny can convince Blake & Co to up the ante and show that CFB world that they are serious about making Miami a big time contender again. Even the best Jimmy's and Joe's needs good X's and O's.....can have the biggest guns in the building but if you can't aim straight it does you zero good.

My $$$ is on Manny this time...he did what was needed last year, I say he does it again....
This is a good post. I will say though that I am on record in here as saying they needed to change defensive staff (not just Rumph) after the first season. I’m not a football expert for certain but others with more knowledge saw it as well and also raised the issue.

Advertisement
Still don’t understand the infatuation with Strong and no one can logically explain why him. Hasn’t done a thing since waxing us in the Russell Athletic Bowl in 2013

He's being discussed as an defensive coordinator, which he succeeded at—not head coach, which he's failed at since leaving Louisville.

He would be a great DC hire for Miami; great recruiting ties in Florida, head coaching experience and can run a defense without needing Manny to coach him up.

He's not a pie-in-the-sky name, either—he's attainable and would be a quality hire, complimenting Lashlee on the other side of the ball.

Been saying his name for months now. Best option Miami can get.

This is a good post. I will say though that I am on record in here as saying they needed to change defensive staff (not just Rumph) after the first season. I’m not a football expert for certain but others with more knowledge saw it as well and also raised the issue.
Hindsight is always 20/20 lol. But I will say this...had Enos had a Top 25 offense last year, we would've never seen the spread attack EVEN THOUGH Manny knew that's what we needed to fit our SoFLA recruiting grounds. He's analytical but at the same he comes across as a guy that can be reasoned with via common sense. He's come too far from Year 1 to Year 2 to allow a friend that's not pulling his weight (DC Baker) to stop him from having a very successful career as HC at UM. Manny knows this is his shot to do what, so far, no one else has been able to do in the last 15+ years at Miami....he's not going to go down without swinging for the fences......and if Baker is any kind of friend he'll understand the position that he himself put Manny in, I mean it's not like he's going to be unemployed for long, he's a decent coach and can have a long successful career at the G5 level.

He's being discussed as an defensive coordinator, which he succeeded at—not head coach, which he's failed at since leaving Louisville.

He would be a great DC hire for Miami; great recruiting ties in Florida, head coaching experience and can run a defense without needing Manny to coach him up.

He's not a pie-in-the-sky name, either—he's attainable and would be a quality hire, complimenting Lashlee on the other side of the ball.

Been saying his name for months now. Best option Miami can get.
Again... he hasn’t called plays as a DC in over a decade and the only sample size is as a HC.

So you’re assuming that his defense will still work that same as it did 10 years ago and that his system wasn’t used at Texas and USF when it failed drastically.

It’s manny’s defense here... well so was Texas and USF to strong. And those defenses were ***

Advertisement
Again... he hasn’t called plays as a DC in over a decade and the only sample size is as a HC.

So you’re assuming that his defense will still work that same as it did 10 years ago and that his system wasn’t used at Texas and USF when it failed drastically.

It’s manny’s defense here... well so was Texas and USF to strong. And those defenses were ***
Michigan just hired Muschamp. Was he calling plays at USCe or TRob?

Edit: Michigan did not hire Muschamp.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I used to run a 4-3 base defense and split my LDE out wide and run past the OT on every play. My defenses were always top 5 in the nation and we were strong against the pass and the run. Won some awards at the end of the year too. Of course it was Dynasty mode and I adjusted the ratings. But nevertheless I’m qualified

Advertisement
Back