Charlie Strong is an analyst at Bama

Advertisement
IM TAKING STRONG OVER T-ROB.
All day long. but you have to think that Strong went to Bama for a reason....so just that alone makes him substantially more expensive than TRob at this present time. Those former HC Bama analysts basically go to "intern" under Saban for a year or two then take HC jobs or BIG TIME coordinator jobs. I think Strong should come to Miami, it's big time enough and he'll have PLENTY of talent to work with and he's also sitting in SoFLA where he already has recruited successfully in past tenures at UF and Louisville. I think the very first call w/Manny if one happens Manny has to be willing to give COMPLETE CONTROL of the DEF just like he did when he brought on Lashlee...honestly I think that's going to be a sticking point in any Power 5 coaches decision to come, CMD has got to let said coach do his thing....as long as they can agree on the fundamental attacking principle that goes with our SoFLA defender types, the rest goes to the DEF Coord to setup and deploy

Fire Baker, hire Strong and let him help us beat Bama to kick off 2021! Le go!
I've been saying this for a while now. To me, Strong is the PERFECT person to come in and take over the D. Pay him a mill a year. He comes in, instills toughness, recruits well, makes them pipe hitters, and after 2-3 seasons, takes another HC job.

If Banda and Rumph are gone, and TRob coaches DC and DBs, we have an extra coaching vacancy don't we?

DC/DB TRob
LB/STC Patke
DL Stroud

where do we put extra spot?
IF this were to happen, you allocate the $$$ spent on separate DBs coaches for bringing in TRob. Now since you have an open spot, IMO I would rather see Patke as full time ST coach and maybe asst LB coach....then let TRob/Manny find a LB coach. Although I think what ends up happening is Patke takes over the LB room, and we promote someone to head up ST....

It could go a number of different ways, and really, as long as we have a new set of eyes on the DEF I'm all for it. Heck i'm even good with TRob coming in as Co-DC/CBs coach, keep Banda, promote Patke to full time LB and ST coach, and then see what Stroud going to do as his health might force his hand a bit....and then that's a whole other deal

Advertisement
Do you guys think strong would run a defense better than manny and baker?

Do you think he would coach linebackers better than manny and baker?

Would he recruit better than baker?

The answer to all of those is YES!!! Bring him in

Advertisement
IF this were to happen, you allocate the $$$ spent on separate DBs coaches for bringing in TRob. Now since you have an open spot, IMO I would rather see Patke as full time ST coach and maybe asst LB coach....then let TRob/Manny find a LB coach. Although I think what ends up happening is Patke takes over the LB room, and we promote someone to head up ST....

It could go a number of different ways, and really, as long as we have a new set of eyes on the DEF I'm all for it. Heck i'm even good with TRob coming in as Co-DC/CBs coach, keep Banda, promote Patke to full time LB and ST coach, and then see what Stroud going to do as his health might force his hand a bit....and then that's a whole other deal
Like it.
here’s a twist.

Patke to STC

Stroud to analyst

rehire Jess Simpson

/ could-would Manny coach LBs?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Like it.
here’s a twist.

Patke to STC

Stroud to analyst

rehire Jess Simpson

/ could-would Manny coach LBs?
I like Manny overseeing the whole operation...I prefer a true LB coach...I like the Jess Simpson idea too...and shoot let Jess bring us an asst LB coach to be our LB coach. We need a STUD LB coach and a STUD CB coach.

Advertisement
Back