Character

LMAO you’re so lost on this.. Hilarious. You basically sound like a guy who’s never developed an individual/team or owned the market share of anything DUE to your direction or influence. You really don’t understand leadership. How a real leader/coach can get a guy like JT to overcome his previous experiences and produce on an elite level.

Urban Meyer created the culture man - Everywhere he went. He managed the personalities everywhere he went. His S&C was ELITE everywhere he went. He put his players in a position to succeed everywhere he went. He set the parameters and the culture was a result of his leadership! So even though they had terrible character, guys like Percy were managed under that umbrella. Meyer’s umbrella. And developed.

That’s Leadership.

JT never even had a chance to perform on Saturdays in Jon & Mark‘s incompetent offense, calling “sandlot Gos” every other play, while producing the most inept QB coaching known to CFB. What a dumb as statement.

JTs issues weren't on saturdays. he didnt fight or try to fight a coach bc of mark richts offense. hes a kid who had issues going back to HS and never outgrew them. there's a reason big time programs did stay away from him and a reason why NFL teams didnt even look at drafting him (they would've found a way to make it work if it were a saturday issue).

Advertisement
also gotta have the guys the other guys will listen to in the locker room. for example, cant have your QB be a midget as a leader and do all the off field **** the others are doing and expect them to respect him on saturdays. going back to the UF teams, they had a key figure on the field in the locker room with them, their QB. our most important offensive position (and team position) was a guy no one wanted to fight for as you said. so if hes ******* it up on the field, during practices, threatening to quit right before games, why the **** should anyone listen to him?
I agree

also with that Florida squad you have multiple felons and murderers. but that team cared about winning and the team first

They won a NC with Chris Leak first. It’s all about the HC. Urban won another ship at OSU and played for more.

they had tebow and leak in there the second year but most of urban QBs were pretty good leaders no? hes an amazing coach and has an eye for finding the right guys at QBs (mental to physical). leak was never regarded as not a leader or not a guy who cant lead even when urban took over in 05. thats my point tho. you have to the right guy in the locker room that others will respect and listen to. coaches (no matter who) can only do so much if the guys in the locker room aren't keeping each other in check. ****, the 00 canes got into it on bourbon st right before the sugar bowl and still kept it in line on the field when it mattered. they had the guys in the locker room to keep that **** in check.

I agree

also with that Florida squad you have multiple felons and murderers. but that team cared about winning and the team first

yup. in the end, it didnt matter what they did in their free time bc the leaders in that room made **** sure they weren't going to do that and mess their year on saturdays. when a ton of guys (including their QB) left after the loss to bama in the SEC game, their outcomes changed. ****, i even think urban knew it and thats why he famously retired (returned for another year, was ****, and then officially left then Muschamp took over)

JTs issues weren't on saturdays. he didnt fight or try to fight a coach bc of mark richts offense. hes a kid who had issues going back to HS and never outgrew them. there's a reason big time programs did stay away from him and a reason why NFL teams didnt even look at drafting him (they would've found a way to make it work if it were a saturday issue).

I’ve already touched on this in the JT/Hill thread.

Advertisement
You can have a bunch of malcontents if they put the team first

Hernandez knew better than to kill his own teammates so he killed other people instead

Advertisement
Lol at him “needing to go somewhere else”.

Dude was lazy as **** , didn’t want to work and if you dare get on to him or call him out he’d go in shell pouting like a baby. So they just let him do whatever the f he wanted when they allowed him back. Richt was over his **** and the baby sitting.

I was a huge JT4 fan, but think about this, in the middle of a state title run, his own high school coach didn't even want him on the squad and told them so ('89 Blocks). That said a ton

Dude brought up Percy , but those teams had some old Miami to them. They were all business and pros went it came to Saturday’s. You half *** or not take it serious you might get your *** beat down, for real. Or worse lol.

It is what it is my guy.
Brother, I respect you so i have no retort. I will say I'll have to be dead and buried before I give any **** props. My fandom excludes objectivity for the rivals...

I was a huge JT4 fan, but think about this, in the middle of a state title run, his own high school coach didn't even want him on the squad and told them so ('89 Blocks). That said a ton
In 89 Blocks…they ultimately took Jeff back.

There are bad kids and there are damaged kids. I think Jeff is the latter. And that’s unfortunate because many of us warned that Jeff would need special support.

Advertisement

There are bad kids and there are damaged kids. I think Jeff is the latter. And that’s unfortunate because many of us warned that Jeff would need special support.

I dont disagree, and with Richt in charge, well, that situation was always going to go one way. I'll just leave it at that...

Brother, I respect you so i have no retort. I will say I'll have to be dead and buried before I give any **** props. My fandom excludes objectivity for the rivals...

I hate UF more than anyone and I’ve lived in or around there for my entire life. I also loathe Urban but the dude is an amazing football coach. One of the smartest football guys ever.

Football then was life and losing was a no go. If you didn’t take it serious you’d better leave ASAP or else. And UF had a ton of transfers lol. That’s how it was at Miami in the day , the players policed the team/ program. That’s culture , football is/was everything.

Just stating a fact since dude brought up Percy. Even though it was an awful comparison.

Sure. Plenty of guys with “character” issues got drafted over the weekend. Bottom line is that their production outweighed their perceived lack of character. JT & Hill’s production didn’t.

Miami has been a total **** show on offense for YEARS. Most of our WRs have gone undrafted or in late rounds. Check the numbers. We have been awful. JT would have been better off going somewhere else for multiple reasons - production, location, and mentoring.

Yeah I think the NFL looks at guys with questionable character that are not elite this way.
Does he at least put in the the work? If there are questions on that they pass. IMO

Advertisement

Jeff isn’t a bad kid. He was raised in an unstable home situation which is probably the root of his issues. Then mix in a great football player then entitlement creeps in.

His hs coach might have been the one guy who actually cared about him, kicking him off took balls. Especially since he’s a once in a lifetime player.

He was probably hoping that would turn the light on with Jeff.

Let’s be real , if he wasn’t a really good football player so many people “ wouldn’t care so much”. But dude is pushing twenty two now , everything that can be done has been done.

It’s time to be a big boy and learn from all your free chances or end up another statistic. It’s the real world and it’s his last strike at being a millionaire.

I hope for his sake he’s learned from all this, even if he didn’t do much for my team.
Just because I like to see people change for the better and be successful.

yup. in the end, it didnt matter what they did in their free time bc the leaders in that room made **** sure they weren't going to do that and mess their year on saturdays. when a ton of guys (including their QB) left after the loss to bama in the SEC game, their outcomes changed. ****, i even think urban knew it and thats why he famously retired (returned for another year, was ****, and then officially left then Muschamp took over)

We played that Florida team TWO(?) years in a row before Urban arrived!! Are you guys on meds? Go back and watch the fugging Bowl game the year before Meyer arrived. Florida’s WRs were sliding trying not to get hit. Two(?) years later they won the NC. LMAO.

GTFOOH about “they wanted to win”... The core of that team was soft *** fugg BEFORE Urban arrived. Soft as fugg. URBAN changed their mindset. Period. Just like MULLEN took a 4 WIN team, led by Felipe 😂 and made them a 10/11 win team.

LEADERSHIP.

You cats are trying to rewrite history that’s already captured on tape.

Jeff isn’t a bad kid. He was raised in an unstable home situation which is probably the root of his issues. Then mix in a great football player then entitlement creeps in.

His hs coach might have been the one guy who actually cared about him, kicking him off took balls. Especially since he’s a once in a lifetime player.

He was probably hoping that would turn the light on with Jeff.

Let’s be real , if he wasn’t a really good football player so many people “ wouldn’t care so much”. But dude is pushing twenty two now , everything that can be done has been done.

It’s time to be a big boy and learn from all your free chances or end up another statistic. It’s the real world and it’s his last strike at being a millionaire.

I hope for his sake he’s learned from all this, even if he didn’t do much for my team.
Just because I like to see people change for the better and be successful.
When I watched “89 Blocks” … I was absolutely scared for what might happen to Jeff. I still am.

we often get ****ed at parents for wanting their kids to get out of Miami … and I hoped Miami could be the right place for a kid like Jeff (even when I thought it couldn’t be). Champagne, IL … too close to East Saint Louis; Jeff would’ve been a nightmare there too.

I hope Jeff Thomas’ career/life doesn’t turn into the end of “The Wire”

really? that’s an OCCC/lame CIS retort … a dead giveaway for insecurity; especially, when it was my reply that was light-hearted … with an attempt to move forward. Oh, well, you did make an extra effort to get in mother’s basement shot. (Just thought about it and the last time my mother lived in a house that had a basement was … 40 years ago! Please send help! I’m stuck and alone! Though I’ve figured out a way to have a computer and internet - without electricity! with more ambition I might be able to monetize extemporaneous electricity/internet…)

in the abstract I’d hope that we can agree that quitters aren’t quitters. It’s not that black and white … cut and dry. I think one of your previous posts said as much.

Leaders train the fragile kids too, they don’t just “cut them loose” all the time. They get them to learn their own limitations and how they may be limiting their own potential.

Jimmy Johnson not only wins with Jarren and JT, but they don’t become distractions either.

Leadership matters.
JJ would have had zero time for JT and JW.

Oh, and you may be autistic if you can’t process thst the mother’s basement quip was a joke, too. I even called attention to it. No need to tell us about her past 40 years.

Advertisement
Back